Coronavirus | Page 471 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden made it a federal mandate to wear masks on public transportation. Less than one day in amd he has implemented a simple, effective strategy that our politicians are too afraid to touch.

The U.S. mask order for travel being implemented by Biden will apply to airports and planes, ships, intercity buses, trains and public transportation. Travellers from abroad must furnish a negative COVID-19 test before departing for the U.S. and quarantine upon arrival. Biden has already mandated masks on federal property.
These are good steps forward but if there’s no proper enforcement then really not much will become of it.

You've got to be bleeping kidding. Fack. Couple that may be responsible for UK variant getting a strong foothold in Ontario both work in healthcare and had someone fly in from the UK to spend time with them over the holidays.

Based on our embarassingly poor gov't mandates, they may be correct and they may be not guilty as they were living with an international traveller that had not been identified as a positive case while they went to work (in healthcare). Fack. Is JT ever going to implement the hotels? So bloody simple. What is his problem?

The CBC reports Doctor Martina Weir, and her husband Brian, who’s works as a senior scheduler for Toronto paramedics, issued statements through their lawyers in which they say they’re not guilty and that they intend to plead not guilty.

CBC News has learned that a close family member who lives in Britain flew to Canada in mid-December to spend time over the holidays at the Weirs’ home.

You've got to be bleeping kidding. Fack. Couple that may be responsible for UK variant getting a strong foothold in Ontario both work in healthcare and had someone fly in from the UK to spend time with them over the holidays.

Based on our embarassingly poor gov't mandates, they may be correct and they may be not guilty as they were living with an international traveller that had not been identified as a positive case while they went to work (in healthcare). Fack. Is JT ever going to implement the hotels? So bloody simple. What is his problem?

The CBC reports Doctor Martina Weir, and her husband Brian, who’s works as a senior scheduler for Toronto paramedics, issued statements through their lawyers in which they say they’re not guilty and that they intend to plead not guilty.

CBC News has learned that a close family member who lives in Britain flew to Canada in mid-December to spend time over the holidays at the Weirs’ home.
How was the British Visitor not quarantining somewhere away from Canadians.... weren't they charged with lieing to health officials about contact with people from overseas? How are they not guilty of that? This whole thing stinks.

Edit. You would think "Health Professionals " would know better or is this the standard Canada expects thesedays. Maybe they should have their licenses revoked for putting all their patients and co workers in danger

How was the British Visitor not quarantining somewhere away from Canadians.... weren't they charged with lieing to health officials about contact with people from overseas? How are they not guilty of that? This whole thing stinks.
As I understand it they can quarantine in a section of someone’s house but I may be misunderstanding that rule. I know my friends had plans for people to come visit them but then they cancelled as they don’t have the space to safely quarantine them and couldn’t afford to lose 14days from work themselves.

Trip was cancelled as this one should have been.

Edit. You would think "Health Professionals " would know better or is this the standard Canada expects thesedays. Maybe they should have their licenses revoked for putting all their patients and co workers in danger

I think quarantine and isolate are being confused and a lot of people don't know the definitions of either.

I think there are a lot of attitude issues:

1) Moral issue: I am a devout religious person, going to services regularly and do not associate with people that spread diseases.

2) Education Issue: I have several degrees and do not associate with covid spreading, dirty fingernail people

2A) Because I am important my time is worth five times that of others and therefore I only have to quarantine a fifth the time.

Trudeau and his handlers are total idiots. ANYONE coming from out-of-country stays in a controlled hotel for 14 days and it won't be cheap.

While Dougie has his MANY faults he can't control a barn full of rats once they're in.

Not surprising. Glad somebody with a brain is looking at numbers. The next question is what do we do about that? No vaccine is approved for kids under 11 right now and afaik, that study isn't even on the short list to be completed. Schools stay closed to Jan 2022?

that might be the most sensible thing to do tbh, home schooling and internet classes, how did kids go to school in the world wars?

I know at least some of ya'll remember those days

that might be the most sensible thing to do tbh, home schooling and internet classes, how did kids go to school in the world wars?

The bigger problem than the kids is the parents. A significant portion of the workforce is unable to effectively function if they have crotch goblins at home. I know quite a few people that are already struggling with negative cashflow now that the family is on one income. Some people can sustain that for a while, but years of that puts a real hurting on long-term financials (and/or short term eating). You also have the knock on problem of businesses that are opening needing staff and some roles are disproportionately affected (like dental hygienist).

This guy has been saying this for a while. I don’t think he’s wrong.
It may be the kids....but I tend to think kids at home reduces the mobility of the parents. Kids at school means that idiot parents can go to work and have more free time to go to stores/socialize. Since my kids have been home 24 hours a day.....pretty much so have I. Having said that it is probably a combination of both. Snot nosed kids and all.

It’s a tough call. I can work from home, but my wife can’t. As such the MIL can’t keep up with 2 screaming toddlers so we are keeping the eldest in daycare for the time being. Risky for sure, but not sure what the best path forward it. We will keep him going as long as they don’t shut it down but if they do we have no choice.

In totally unrelated news my wife's grandmother did well through her Covid infection and is now in the "resolved" category after being symptom free for a set number of days. There's still some questionable stuff going on at the nursing home based on what I've been hearing from my wife's visits - she went with her own N95 earlier this week and they wouldn't let her wear it, opting for a medical mask and a face shield, gown etc...but no N95 - seemed dumb to me for her OWN protection given the level of outbreak in the home as a whole, but N95's also work both ways so it would be protective for the residents as well potentially.

Anyhow, good news in general - I'm hoping in the weeks ahead now that she'll have both vaccine shots onboard plus an immunity now from actually having Covid that she can come visit again.

Cadets, but it was the generation before me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom