Coronavirus | Page 361 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so tiring . Use your head instead of BS. Sites . I can think for myself .

If you want to hide then hide . Leave the rest of us alone .

I have been trained in proper PPE use for 27 years . What is happening with the protocols is a joke .

The numbers do not make sense for the lock downs .

WHO is controlled by China . Anything that comes from them use with a grain of salt .

Tam flip flopped on safe issues several times . Government is playing us to do what ever they want .

Where's your proof for any of this?

Do you know how the WHO works? Demonstrably not.

Did you know Taiwan has been COVID transmission free for 200 days as they followed all protocols...did you know the UK, France and Germany just locked down again because they didn’t and cases are spiralling.

The proof is right under your nose unless you are so incredibly stupid that you either can’t or won’t analyze it.

He's Uncle Fester on the Adams Family
a man of science
images
I like it attack a person when you have nothing intelligent to say . Nice ! Shows how smart you are .

Disappointed you didn't see the humour in it, Uncle Fester was pretty cool.

I put his voice to all your posts, can't help myself, it works too good.

Coronavirus: What are President Trump's charges against the WHO? Coronavirus: What are President Trump's charges against the WHO?

Etc etc....

Where's your proof for any of this?

Do you know how the WHO works? Demonstrably not.

Did you know Taiwan has been COVID transmission free for 200 days as they followed all protocols...did you know the UK, France and Germany just locked down again because they didn’t and cases are spiralling.

The proof is right under your nose unless you are so incredibly stupid that you either can’t or won’t analyze it.
Did you know Taiwan does not belong to WHO ? They implemented their own rules .

You tell me who actually uses their mask with WHO protocols ?

I don't understand the hate and criticism of Tam or Fauci. They made recommendations based on the science at the time. In time the science showed that using cloth masks helped slow transmission. With that data and the fact that these masks were not going to inhibit the PPE that the medical professionals needed they changed the advice and protocols. That's how science works. Theories are postulated and constantly tested. When they are disproven or something is shown to be better or more accurate they adjust the theories and recommendations. It is not a static process.

Tam did not pull her advice out of her... er... rear end. She is on the phone and Zoom et al with Fauci and the other leading experts around the world and her recommendations were influenced by that. The science and reality changed and consequently our protocols changed. Did she and the other leading epidemiologists wrong about some things? Absolutely and consequently they adjusted and adapted their theories and recommendations based on that.

I remember watching a little documentary about how other countries were handling the crisis and the Czech Republic was highlighted and they were doing universal mask wearing long before it was advised here. I was skeptical until the doc showed the reduced level of transmission and how even a single layer mask could be effective if everyone wore one. It was a good month or so later that Fauci and Tam revised their recommendations. The Czech Republic and other countries that led on this showed there was a better way and the experts adapted.

If the experts were "wrong" once that does not negate all of their expertise and things that they have gotten right. I just don't understand all of the hate towards Tam. Talk about a thankless job.

Yes, Taiwan implemented their own MORE STRINGENT rules in advance of anyone in the international community advising that they do so. So did Vietnam, which also had very few cases. These countries knew from southeast Asia's own experience with SARS-1 16 years before. In some areas of southeast Asia, the population took it upon themselves to start wearing masks before anyone told them to do so.

There is no question that the WHO was slow to react. There is no question that their early communication was misguided. There is no question that we (including Dr Tam) were slow to react in Canada and made some mis-steps. In our defense (and that of the WHO) ... we (collectively) didn't know anywhere near as much then as we do now.

Using these early mistakes to justify not following the much more educated, but still imperfect, guidance that we have today ... is pretty short-sighted.

We don't know everything there is to know about this virus. We KNOW we don't know everything there is to know. So that warrants doing nothing about it? We know enough about it that we need to do something, however imperfect that may be, to slow its spread. Wait for the "perfect" solution to arrive, and you'll be dead before it shows up.

The UK is going into a month-long lockdown. The authorities didn't want to do it, but it became apparent that they had to. Are we next?

I don't understand the hate and criticism of Tam or Fauci. They made recommendations based on the science at the time. In time the science showed that using cloth masks helped slow transmission. With that data and the fact that these masks were not going to inhibit the PPE that the medical professionals needed they changed the advice and protocols. That's how science works. Theories are postulated and constantly tested. When they are disproven or something is shown to be better or more accurate they adjust the theories and recommendations. It is not a static process.

Tam did not pull her advice out of her... er... rear end. She is on the phone and Zoom et al with Fauci and the other leading experts around the world and her recommendations were influenced by that. The science and reality changed and consequently our protocols changed. Did she and the other leading epidemiologists wrong about some things? Absolutely and consequently they adjusted and adapted their theories and recommendations based on that.

I remember watching a little documentary about how other countries were handling the crisis and the Czech Republic was highlighted and they were doing universal mask wearing long before it was advised here. I was skeptical until the doc showed the reduced level of transmission and how even a single layer mask could be effective if everyone wore one. It was a good month or so later that Fauci and Tam revised their recommendations. The Czech Republic and other countries that led on this showed there was a better way and the experts adapted.

If the experts were "wrong" once that does not negate all of their expertise and things that they have gotten right. I just don't understand all of the hate towards Tam. Talk about a thankless job.
Tam screwed up at the beginning by advising against shutting down travel from china as it would be "culturally insensitive". That is not medical advice, that is not based on science, that is politics and she should have been fired on the spot for it.

Tam screwed up at the beginning by advising against shutting down travel from china as it would be "culturally insensitive". That is not medical advice, that is not based on science, that is politics and she should have been fired on the spot for it.
Don't start that on here now . Just do what the TV tells you .

Be a good citizen wear your mask and save grandma .

Don't start that on here now . Just do what the TV tells you .

Be a good citizen wear your mask and save grandma .

Please be a good citizen and wear a mask to not make othera sick. I am recovering from Covid and believe me this virus is no joke and I do not wish this on anyone.

Wearing a mask and social distancing is pretty much all we have in our arsenal to keep this damn virus in check until we have a working vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Please be a good citizen and wear a mask to not make othera sick. I am recovering from Covid and believe me this virus is no joke and I do not wish this on anyone.

Wearing a mask and social distancing is pretty much all we have in our arsenal to keep this damn virus in check until we have a working vaccine.

what was your symptoms? i think i had covid in feb

Seriously ?
yeah, i didn't get tested but i had a cough for a week but didn't feel sick, then one night i was so cold i had my sled suit on and lots of blankets and could not get warm, the next night i woke up in bed and it was like someone poured a bucket of water on me, the next couple days i started feeling great again

Zero energy. Pounding headache. Nausea. Stabbing toe pain if all things.

I have already posted about this here.

The weird symptoms led me to get a test or more accurately my concerned wife booked me a test.

I had a bout of no taste or smell in late January plus a few other weird things. I will never know what that was.

There is no denying my current condition. Positive Covid test and a good week of extreme illness. I was unable to keep any fluids down; let alone food. We were 12 hours away from my wife taking me to the hospital.

I drive a transit bus and I am surrounded by maskless people all day. If the mask compliance were better then perhaps there would not be so many drivers with Covid where I work.

Small ask; please wear a mask.

Sorry you got sick . We all do from time to time . My last flu knocked me out for 5 days .

I know several people sick with the VID . Several hospitalized but they all had secondary issues . They all recovered and doing well .

Sorry you got sick . We all do from time to time . My last flu knocked me out for 5 days .

I know several people sick with the VID . Several hospitalized but they all had secondary issues . They all recovered and doing well .
Thx for the kind words.

However, this is a preventable illness. If everyone on my bus wore a mask then the likelihood of me getting sick from Covid would be greatly diminished. Instead O contend with 50% to 80% mask compliance depending on the time of day. At the end of the shift it can be as low as 15% mask compliance which is just ridiculous. Needless potential spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom