Coronavirus | Page 359 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn't seem to be a sense of accountability with the current government. They appear to be basing their policies on appearances, rather than actualities.
their platform didn't even include a plan to balance the books. could see this mess coming a mile away.

Dont worry it will balance itself. At least he is consistently crazy.
But these are the people you follow for your health advice .

Big issue I have is that we haven't had a budget in a long, long, time. The last one seems to have been in March 2019: Cdn Fed Bud
We have no idea how much has been spent or wasted in that time, and it's not just covid. There doesn't seem to be a sense of accountability with the current government. They appear to be basing their policies on appearances, rather than actualities. Once the shoe drops, we're going to be much worse off than those we're complaining about constantly down south.
Trudeau and Freeland have explained this to the house. They have been working so hard to save Canadians there has been no time available for budgeting and accounting.

Quoting PP on drunken sailor spending “Liberals will cross that bridge once it collapses”

If that situation is reflective of reality then there is only one way this virus is going away: get the case numbers down with a complete and total lockdown for a month. Everyone gather up supplies for a month and shelter in place. For most, that's home, for others (essential) it's at work, for some it will be in their police cars with the job of rounding up anyone not complying. At the end of that month, total contact tracing for as long as it takes to eradicate it. If it gets out of control then lockdown again. Any country not able to get it under control gets excluded completely from interaction with those that do. The conspiracy theorists would love it.

NZ was at zero / zero but now a couple of dozen. One outbreak was apparently a Kiwi electrician boarding a foreign ship for a service call. The other source is suspected to be contact through some frozen food workers.

At least with their numbers being small the track trace is easier. Who in Florida hasn't been in contact with someone with C-19?

NZ was at zero / zero but now a couple of dozen. One outbreak was apparently a Kiwi electrician boarding a foreign ship for a service call. The other source is suspected to be contact through some frozen food workers.

At least with their numbers being small the track trace is easier. Who in Florida hasn't been in contact with someone with C-19?
We are starting to get to that level. I am back to work next week. At this point I suspect I am exposed to a Covid carrier at least a couple of times a week.

I put my hat in the ring to participate in a Covid antibody study at McMaster. From the limited research I have done I may have some antibody protection anywhere from 3 to 5 months.

So... despite what Mr Trump is saying we are not rounding the curve. At best I see a workable/helpful vaccine in about a year from now and even then this Virus is going to continue to evolve, adapt, and change. Hopefully I do not get Covid 19 again and if I do it is no worse than what I am still working through.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

We are starting to get to that level. I am back to work next week. At this point I suspect I am exposed to a Covid carrier at least a couple of times a week.

I put my hat in the ring to participate in a Covid antibody study at McMaster. From the limited research I have done I may have some antibody protection anywhere from 3 to 5 months.

So... despite what Mr Trump is saying we are not rounding the curve. At best I see a workable/helpful vaccine in about a year from now and even then this Virus is going to continue to evolve, adapt, and change. Hopefully I do not get Covid 19 again and if I do it is no worse than what I am still working through.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

We may be rounding a curve but it's like the circular ramp at the Eaton Centre parking garage, many levels to go.

Kudos for joining the study and best wishes at work.

It would be interesting to see a mandatory testing of bus passengers for statistical purposes. A spokesperson for the restaurant made a complaint, justified to a degree, that the forced closings were done without specific data.

I wonder about the outcome of a mouth swab test for every person that walks by Zoodles on his route in a day. The person doesn't have to give any I.D. Give them a small reward ($5 Tim Card?) as a thank you but the test is mandatory. If the person wants the results they leave contact info.

Yes there is the police state argument but so was being ordered to shut off your lights at night when London was being bombed. Maybe we need a bit of martial law.

We may be rounding a curve but it's like the circular ramp at the Eaton Centre parking garage, many levels to go.

Kudos for joining the study and best wishes at work.

It would be interesting to see a mandatory testing of bus passengers for statistical purposes. A spokesperson for the restaurant made a complaint, justified to a degree, that the forced closings were done without specific data.

I wonder about the outcome of a mouth swab test for every person that walks by Zoodles on his route in a day. The person doesn't have to give any I.D. Give them a small reward ($5 Tim Card?) as a thank you but the test is mandatory. If the person wants the results they leave contact info.

Yes there is the police state argument but so was being ordered to shut off your lights at night when London was being bombed. Maybe we need a bit of martial law.
That may help save Tim's too. They are bleeding hard as people stopped commuting. They were in bad shape before and things have gotten much worse.

I trust the doctors, not the politicians.
Tam is a politician . All the government health people are politicians .

nah..she’s a doctor and works on available science. If the science changes due to observations or new facts then her advice has to change also. Science bitches!
She works for WHO also . You know the people early on that said " There is nothing to see here" . Then you don't need a mask . You know because JT sent them to China . Then a few weeks later ya wear a mask . But you go on with the science thing . Make sure to wear your home made mask to . Maybe the cheap surgical ones for a week . LOL

She works for WHO also . You know the people early on that said " There is nothing to see here" . Then you don't need a mask . You know because JT sent them to China . Then a few weeks later ya wear a mask . But you go on with the science thing . Make sure to wear your home made mask to . Maybe the cheap surgical ones for a week . LOL

So...you don’t believe in science?

Really?

Happy Halloween.

It's going to be lights out at our house, not that we normally get many in a mature neighbourhood, 10 or so.

I wonder what the grocery store markup is on snacks as there will be lots left on the shelves. Maybe I can get a deal on Cheezies to send to my American friends, just to rub it in, or is that on.

nah..she’s a doctor and works on available science. If the science changes due to observations or new facts then her advice has to change also. Science bitches!

I can't get past the Adam's Apple.

I'm pretty sure some form of "you will do what you were told" is the only way out of this.

For now, it needs to be a combination of "you will wear a mask, and do so properly", no exceptions, and mandatory contact tracing the way China did it (your phone has a QR code on it that identifies you, and every business has a QR scanner, you check in and check out everywhere you go that is indoors or crowded). No smartphone, too bad, no entry for you. Don't want to play along? Then shut your business down (on the business side) or stay the heck home (on the personal side). This still won't be perfect ... it won't work for private parties and the like. It has to be good enough to get the virus transmission factor below 1 and stay there. The imperfection of not being able to capture private gatherings has to be offset by being as idiotproof as it can possibly be, everywhere else. The antimaskers and conspiracy theorists can get stuffed. And I have no problem with them being told in public to get stuffed, too.

Once there's a vaccine ... I can't see making it mandatory, but I can see requiring proof of vaccination before travelling to another country, both directions. We won't allow anyone into our country without proof of vaccination and other countries won't allow any of us into their country without proof of vaccination. This also won't be perfect, but it should encourage enough people to get vaccinated, and carrying virus cross-border.

Watching the UK Prime Minister's Covid report on the BBC now. England going into lockdown again as Covid inpatients admissions in hospitals are increasing too fast. There is a real worry that if this continues they will have to choose who lives and who dies as there’s a very real concern about being overwhelmed again. The virus is spreading faster than their worst case scenario.

You mask and science deniers should have a look. This is our future if you don’t pay attention to the rules.

I'm pretty sure some form of "you will do what you were told" is the only way out of this.

For now, it needs to be a combination of "you will wear a mask, and do so properly", no exceptions, and mandatory contact tracing the way China did it (your phone has a QR code on it that identifies you, and every business has a QR scanner, you check in and check out everywhere you go that is indoors or crowded). No smartphone, too bad, no entry for you. Don't want to play along? Then shut your business down (on the business side) or stay the heck home (on the personal side). This still won't be perfect ... it won't work for private parties and the like. It has to be good enough to get the virus transmission factor below 1 and stay there. The imperfection of not being able to capture private gatherings has to be offset by being as idiotproof as it can possibly be, everywhere else. The antimaskers and conspiracy theorists can get stuffed. And I have no problem with them being told in public to get stuffed, too.

Once there's a vaccine ... I can't see making it mandatory, but I can see requiring proof of vaccination before travelling to another country, both directions. We won't allow anyone into our country without proof of vaccination and other countries won't allow any of us into their country without proof of vaccination. This also won't be perfect, but it should encourage enough people to get vaccinated, and carrying virus cross-border.

Cadillac Fairview is in the hot seat for taking pictures of shoppers at five of their malls. It was done without permission or advisement. It was done pre-Covid I assume as masks would nullify much of the info they wanted, mainly the demographics of the shoppers but other info was collected as well.

"Can I borrow your phone?" could negate a contact although the numbers would be minimal.

The restaurant spokesperson made a point and I don't know if they were denied specific stats or if the stats didn't exist. Were restaurants being used as scapegoats for the increase instead of, for example, schools?

Was Zoodles under risk ten times a day or a hundred or more? What are the rates for the average shopping outing?

A 100% lockdown may not be necessary if the contacts are controlled and you can't control things you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom