Coronavirus | Page 345 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still get a kick out of reading the first few pages of this thread from February before the huge shut down.

Esp the silliness and ignorance of PP's posts. Enjoy your cruising! haha.

Not sure if it's really a problem but I now have more than one liquor cabinet and my wife is complaining about my beer stash in the wine fridge I bought for her birthday.

you created your own problem, you needed beer fridge and bought a wine fridge. That's just poor planning, and if you need two liqour cabinets the first one was too small. Planning man, your a scientist!

My observation... what they are missing in the current spread is the reduction in social distancing in stores. As an example, our local LCBO had people lining up outside (distanced) and they only let a certain number of people in the store, easy social distancing. Month or so ago they now just let everyone in, no more line-ups outside, store can be packed, social distancing is dramatically reduced and difficult, I guess they rely on masks only.... I see this exact same thing for pretty much all stores now with few exceptions.

While bars etc. are a problem I think this is the change that is behind the numbers and is an easy step back to fix it.

I still get a kick out of reading the first few pages of this thread from February before the huge shut down.

Esp the silliness and ignorance of PP's posts. Enjoy your cruising! haha.

I don't think anyone had any idea how many heads this snake had and we haven't cut off the first one yet. It's a bit like Trump getting elected in 2016. He'll adjust and it'll all blow over.

My observation... what they are missing in the current spread is the reduction in social distancing in stores. As an example, our local LCBO had people lining up outside (distanced) and they only let a certain number of people in the store, easy social distancing. Month or so ago they now just let everyone in, no more line-ups outside, store can be packed, social distancing is dramatically reduced and difficult, I guess they rely on masks only.... I see this exact same thing for pretty much all stores now with few exceptions.

While bars etc. are a problem I think this is the change that is behind the numbers and is an easy step back to fix it.

It's easy to blame the bars but without accurate tracing of the spread we go back to hard lock down, painting every activity with the same brush.

It's easy to blame the bars but without accurate tracing of the spread we go back to hard lock down, painting every activity with the same brush.
It's not complicated.

4.8 million children going back to school.
Even with half of them going online. You still get 2.8 million contacts.

If even 1% of them "infect" one another, thats an easy 24000 cases that will potentially happen over time and those kids can/will infect their families...
So to me its a no brainer. Even with all the precautions they take, its gonna be impossible to prevent kids from being kids.

I don't think anyone had any idea how many heads this snake had and we haven't cut off the first one yet. It's a bit like Trump getting elected in 2016. He'll adjust and it'll all blow over.

Uhhh, it was quite clear from World news feeds that this was not your typical "flu" but something more serious. Even back in Evo's post (#7) on the first page, it was quite evident that things were bad.

Remember all who were hoarding santizier and toilet paper? It was quite clear this was something different.

We all knew it was coming and it was only a matter of time. Yet some chose to flout ignorance.

Last edited:
Interesting. A Bonspiel required every player to download covid alert app. One player received an alert and they cancelled the finals. Not a bad approach.

Uhhh, it was quite clear from World news feeds that this was not your typical "flu" but something more serious. Even back in Evo's post (#7) on the first page, it was quite evident that things were bad.

Remember all who were hoarding santizier and toilet paper? It was quite clear this was something different.

We all knew it was coming and it was only a matter of time. Yet some chose to flout ignorance.

The Canadian govt failed to take it seriously too. Instead of locking down the country and actually quarantining/isolating cases and people returning to the country, they are still allowing plane fulls of infected people to enter and "self" quarantine. Close to 10000 people have died in Canada because the federal govt didn't and doesn't take it seriously.

Here's some prespective of a country that took it more seriously then canada.

20201004_074404.jpg

The second wave in the australia table was actually a corrupt victorian State premier using a security company connected to his party to guard the quarantine hotels instead of the military like every other state did.

Taking it somewhat-seriously: Canada. Pretending it's not there: USA. Case in point ...

I've had a job coming up at a site in Canada involving a system integrator based in USA. I've been half-expecting to hear this for a while ... but I just got the notification that they were denied entry. They're wanting to postpone it for two weeks, I'm thinking "not happening".

Four toronto neighborhoods are getting over 10% positive test results. Obviously not random sampling so not representative of the population at large but much higher than other neighbourhoods. I wonder how high that has to get before they order a hard lockdown in certain areas.

Four toronto neighborhoods are getting over 10% positive test results. Obviously not random sampling so not representative of the population at large but much higher than other neighbourhoods. I wonder how high that has to get before they order a hard lockdown in certain areas.

Why didn't they just say the Humber River Hospital catchment area, pretty sure that is the hospital nearest all those places, isn't it?

Why didn't they just say the Humber River Hospital catchment area, pretty sure that is the hospital nearest all those places, isn't it?
I don't think so. I would guess north york general is the closest to the pockets on average.

Toronto CMOH released her current modelling data. It's not good. The first few comments in response to the data being published make it very clear that this is going to get much worse and drag on for a long time.

@Dona1dTrumpMUT
·
34m

Replying to
@CP24
Can we please see the death rate lol
Michelle
@TRANTAST1C

·
13m

0.024% lol

Replying to
@CP24
Scamdemic

Maja Younan
@MajaYounan

·
25m

Replying to
@CP24
Lol! “Infections: Including asymptomatic and symptomatic”.. so this isn’t even a chart of predicted hospitalizations/death rates? And does she think it’ll be “worse” than the spring? Bc they were way of off it that. So this chart is essentially good news being spun as bad

Joshua
@Joshua48100

·
25m

Replying to
@CP24
TPH has the legal authority to do it themselves but they'd rather issue these ominous statements to force the hand of the provincial gov't, since they're scared it might backfire or cause backlash. TPH doesn't want to assume any responsibility!

·
23m

Replying to
@CP24
Fear mongering

don ⁶?
@castrophysics

·
20m

Replying to
@CP24
Blah blah blah. Put a sock in it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom