Coronavirus | Page 272 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far south can you go on the Leslie Street Spit now? Or is it closed to public traffic?
Well it wouldn't be L&L if it was on the dump.

Thw last time I was down there was more than a decade ago and you could get a bit past the yacht club. The road continued but it was closed to the public.

Probably not going to open this summer.

On a happy note, I called the boatyard in NY that's storing my boat to arrange summer storage on land. I told them there was no way I can get there due to the border closing. He says "No problem. 'I really like Canadians, we're going to let you keep it here till next April for free. And don't worry about the winter storage for last year - I haven't cashed your cheque and I won't." There are plenty of decent Americans.

While I take cheap shots at their politics I have to commend their hospitality. We could learn a lot from them.

Ouch.

105685094_10158982612931800_5264153715304689652_n.jpg

Wow. Wishing our neighbours to the south good luck as it's getting really ugly.

Florida banned alcohol consumption at its bars Friday after its daily confirmed coronavirus cases neared 9,000, a new record that is almost double the previous mark set just two days ago.

18 infections now from a single source over less than 12 days. This is how it starts again. It’s interesting to see the tracing as we are a relatively small town but worrying too. No hospitalizations (yet) but that could all change. From one nail salon it’s spread to a restaurant, a golf course, one of the correctional facilities, and a hospital.

18 infections now from a single source over less than 12 days. This is how it starts again. It’s interesting to see the tracing as we are a relatively small town but worrying too. No hospitalizations (yet) but that could all change. From one nail salon it’s spread to a restaurant, a golf course, one of the correctional facilities, and a hospital.

One nail salon that apparently went back to business as normal with a ton of wanker clients. Shocking. Hopefully they keep them closed until a vaccine is available to send a clear message.

500 clients in ~one week. 10 staff working. Proper distancing not in place. Proper handwashing not in place (wtf? That should have been standard practice even before this). Clients isolated include cops and nurses. Morons. Morons everywhere. First of all, getting your nails done is not remotely required, it is a dangerous luxury. Secondly, a nurse walking in should have been able to spot the deficiencies and bugger off to protect their patients. The requirement of some people to ignore society for their own benefit is astounding.

At least public health locked the doors and won't let them reopen until they've had a meeting and discussed how to rectify all the deficiencies. If I was public health, I am very busy and trying to help people that obviously don't want to help themselves is very far down on my list of priorities.

I'd imagine we are going to hear more of these hair salon / nail places / etc. having big outbreaks. They've been shutdown for so long they are desperate to make up for it and now have a sudden influx of demand. Hard to turn down 500 clients a week when you've had zero for 3 months. The hairdresser I usually go to is booked out a month now and shes putting in 10hr+ days and working weekends.

One nail salon that apparently went back to business as normal with a ton of wanker clients. Shocking. Hopefully they keep them closed until a vaccine is available to send a clear message.

500 clients in ~one week. 10 staff working. Proper distancing not in place. Proper handwashing not in place (wtf? That should have been standard practice even before this). Clients isolated include cops and nurses. Morons. Morons everywhere. First of all, getting your nails done is not remotely required, it is a dangerous luxury. Secondly, a nurse walking in should have been able to spot the deficiencies and bugger off to protect their patients. The requirement of some people to ignore society for their own benefit is astounding.

exactly...not taking it seriously has now economically impacted one nail salon and 10 staff, one restaurant and all staff, one golf club with patio staff, 500 people who now have to self isolate, offices closed etc.

Is it worth it? Washing hands, wearing a mask and evaluating if you are well enough/really need the service is all it takes but the first two, which are so simple, is really all it would have taken.

It takes very few idiots who are not co-operating to screw things up. Public health did the right thing, and hopefully that sends a message.

I am letting my hair grow longer for a while yet.

Full disclosure...I got my hair cut the other day. I know the salon owner. He has max 2clients in at a time. Everything is disinfected between visits, I watched them do it. You wait outside before being called in. He wears a full visor, his assistant wears a mask. He has Perspex shields separating everything. Between the chairs, between the sink. Hand sanitizer on the way in, and out. Clients must wear masks inside.

I'd imagine we are going to hear more of these hair salon / nail places / etc. having big outbreaks. They've been shutdown for so long they are desperate to make up for it and now have a sudden influx of demand. Hard to turn down 500 clients a week when you've had zero for 3 months. The hairdresser I usually go to is booked out a month now and shes putting in 10hr+ days and working weekends.
Well, hopefully this situation helps others to understand that 200 clients a week for the foreseeable future is much better than 500 one week and closed for another bunch of months after.

Full disclosure...I got my hair cut the other day. I know the salon owner. He has max 2clients in at a time. Everything is disinfected between visits, I watched them do it. You wait outside before being called in. He wears a full visor, his assistant wears a mask. He has Perspex shields separating everything. Between the chairs, between the sink. Hand sanitizer on the way in, and out. Clients must wear masks inside.
Sounds about right. Colleague from Keswick had his done recently as well, all the above and you aren't allowed to touch the door on the way in or out.

They confirm appointments through an app only, no walk ins.

It's westjets turn to ostrich in the interest of profit. Grr.

WestJet Airlines Ltd. says it will end its seat distancing policy on board its aircraft starting July 1.

The carrier has blocked the purchase of middle seats and adjacent seats for the past few months to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

With domestic air travel starting to nudge higher, WestJet says it will revert to health recommendations from the International Air Transport Association.

The trade group called last month for an end to in-flight physical distancing rules, proposing a range of measures including some that run counter to federal government policies.

Transport Canada listed physical distancing among the “key points” in preventing the spread of the virus as part of a guide issued to the aviation industry in April.

Even at the airport in Van today I can see less people with masks and crowds slightly larger than 2 weeks ago.

AC flight #1 was only 50% capacity. 1 person per row (2 seats per side) so they’re still distancing.

will update once I land on the flight to TO as I’m just waiting here. No booze sales yet though at the airport :( first TH coffee in almost 3 weeks tastes good!

Viking warrior ...
as i recall it was already a bit long when we caught up at the bike show!

rock that man bun for your client meetings :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom