Coronavirus | Page 270 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauble has had enough of the stupidity and is closing the beach effective immediately.

That’s good governance...”if you can’t act like adults we will treat you like children”. Maybe it will start to sink in. I’m a huge proponent of people doing whatever they want in private but if they can’t follow the rules in public then tough. Don't want to wear a mask....fine....but you shouldn’t be able to go in stores/bars/barbers etc.

That’s good governance...”if you can’t act like adults we will treat you like children”. Maybe it will start to sink in. I’m a huge proponent of people doing whatever they want in private but if they can’t follow the rules in public then tough. Don't want to wear a mask....fine....but you shouldn’t be able to go in stores/bars/barbers etc.
Yeah well there is a lot of dumb out there. On a Facebook group I am part of someone was posting about a Durham Bike night, then posted photos of everyone together no social distancing and way more then 10 people. Comments started coming in pointing out this wasn't a good idea, and the response was image of the Canadian Flag and Communist flag merge together and calling everyone communists, and something about being gov lap dogs etc....

Some people have trouble understanding, or have very highly skewed logic.

Tennis &*^^show. Morons.

Novak Djokovic tested positive for the coronavirus on Tuesday after taking part in a tennis exhibition series he organized in Serbia and Croatia.

The top-ranked Serb is the fourth player to test positive for the virus after first playing in Belgrade and then again last weekend in Zadar, Croatia. His wife also tested positive.

Viktor Troicki said Tuesday that he and his pregnant wife have both been diagnosed with the virus, while Grigor Dimitrov, a three-time Grand Slam semifinalist from Bulgaria, said Sunday he tested positive. Borna Coric played Dimitrov on Saturday in Zadar and said Monday he has also tested positive.

There were no social distancing measures observed at the matches in either country and Djokovic and other players were seen hugging each other and partying in night clubs and restaurants after the matches.

Reading some of the comments to the mayors FB post makes my brain hurt.

Geezus we need a Dunning Kruger cleansing.

Grumble.

As of right now, 29 states have a reproduction number above 1.0 (i.e. virus is spreading).

Worse than it was a month ago, much worse than it was 2 months ago.

Isn't that what's happening when 10000 millennials gather in a small park or beach?

Except that age group doesn't tend to pay the price for their stupidity as they're the absolute least likely to get sick. But they can be carriers like anyone else, then they end up killing someones gramma.

That's why a huge percentage of them have just stopped caring. They know they're unlikely to even show symptoms, much less get sick, so they've stopped caring. It's just a boomer remover, meh, who cares.

I know it's cool to sh*t on millennials, and I'm guilty of it as well. When it comes to this though, in my interactions with people of all age groups would indicate that there is an equal percentage of people across the board practicing precautions vs just not caring.

I've been hearing that in the USA, the average/median age of hospitalisations from covid-19 has been coming down. Given the numerous gatherings of mostly younger people seen on social media, that is not really surprising.

edit:
edit 2: From the comments in that twitter thread, "excess deaths" in Texas and Arizona considerably exceed the reported covid-19 deaths (by a factor of two or three). The apparent reduction of deaths in the USA despite the increasing case numbers, which has been something of a mystery, may not represent reality. The shift towards a younger demographic of people contracting this disease would be expected to influence the death rate lower, but shenanigans muddle the picture.

Last edited:
I know it's cool to sh*t on millennials, and I'm guilty of it as well. When it comes to this though, in my interactions with people of all age groups would indicate that there is an equal percentage of people across the board practicing precautions vs just not caring.

Yep, this.

You only hear about the Millennials not social-distancing because they're the ones Instagramming/Tik-Toking/Tweeting about it.

Plenty of Boomers and X-ers are also Cov-idiots, but they're not on social media as much, so they tend to fly under the radar.

Could you be a little more vague?

"Yet at least one survey shows that baby boomers, one of the demographics that is most at risk of COVID-19 (to the degree that the illness has been uncharitably referred to by youngsters as the “boomer remover”), are most resistant to changing their habits."

If you need a picture, here you go:

c2f207_75d4b57feb194afe9ac8284b2be7481d~mv2.png

So you post a vague study with vague and misleading questions in response? Ok.

"Yet at least one survey shows that baby boomers, one of the demographics that is most at risk of COVID-19 (to the degree that the illness has been uncharitably referred to by youngsters as the “boomer remover”), are most resistant to changing their habits."

If you need a picture, here you go:

c2f207_75d4b57feb194afe9ac8284b2be7481d~mv2.png
Not quite sure what the point is here?

Methinks you swallowed some clickbait.

I think the Woodbridge wops are following in the footsteps of those in the motherland.
Drove by a cafe today.
All tables were outside, but everyone was shoulder to shoulder.
They looked all to be my age or older.
Definitely not millenials.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If your flight is on or after 1st July, that's the date the EU wants to open its external borders to countries meeting certain criteria. They haven't announced what those criteria are and what the list of countries is going to be yet, but Canada's overall rate of new infections is now slightly lower than that of Europe as a whole, so they may open on those grounds. What isn't known is whether they will take into account quarantine requirements. They're apparently not requiring quarantine for UK residents, and the UK is worse off than we are. At this point I'd say it is likely that flights to Europe on or after 1st July are probably going to go ahead, unless the airline decides otherwise independently.

If your flight is on or after 1st July, that's the date the EU wants to open its external borders to countries meeting certain criteria.

Cue the hissy from the USA when they don't get permission to fly into other countries because of their ballooning infection rate, but we do.

Ok Boomer.
Baby Boomer "The generation is most often defined as individuals born between 1946 and 1964, during the post–World War II baby boom." and 1964 is a bit of a stretch because nobody that came back from WWII took 18 years to make a baby :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom