Coronavirus | Page 125 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tory is starting to get really ****** at all the wankers.

paint jam on all the equipment...pretty soon the wasps will do the job of keeping people away

It's unbelievable how people are justifying going out. They must think that it's just going to blow over in a week or two. Self entitlement and sheer stupidity are just as dangerous as the virus at this stage.
What part of STAY THE **** AT HOME don't they understand?

It's unbelievable how people are justifying going out. They must think that it's just going to blow over in a week or two. Self entitlement and sheer stupidity are just as dangerous as the virus at this stage.
What part of STAY THE **** AT HOME don't they understand?
People are dumb. The government saying that every business is essential just feeds the dumb.

When residential construction is essential and people are working shoulder to shoulder and normally travelling far from their home to do it, many people think that they don't need to stay at home either.

Then you have home depot open selling paint and gardening supplies and every other damn thing. Again, a joke. On the small chance they actually are essential, they should be for emergency repair supplies only (likely just plumbing, shingles and tarps is enough to get through any short-term issues). Being open for wandering and browsing and buying a new washing machine just reinforces that this isn't serious.

Now the beer store is accepting returns again at many locations? wtf? That is necessary to maintain life during the next month or two?

Why are people travelling to FOTC? If the gov't really wants people to stay at home, just get it over with and ban recreational travel.

TL: DR The government keeps telling people to stay home and then their actions (or inactions) say distinctly otherwise.

That's why I keep pushing for a two-week full lockdown other than services that are actually essential to life in those two weeks. That is hopefully enough to get it through peoples thick skulls that this isn't a joke.

Im all about liberties but sometimes I wish we had a strong(er) leader

Some of the Chinese hate is manufactured in the West. There’s a very interesting story about one of the frontline anti-malarial drugs of today that originated from traditional Chinese medicine and was used for decades in China before the West caught on. The west thought nothing good could come from a communist system and ignored Chinese science on the subject for years. Meanwhile thousands died from malaria as a result.

This will fall on deaf ears; I'm noticing a massive increase in hatred against China even among my circle of Asian friends. The ones who have remained neutral appear to be STEM graduates that are working on the front line (doctors, public health, nurses) but these guys hate politics so don't watch the news.

When this all boils over I would not be surprised if racism against Chinese (and subsequently Asians) rise dramatically while Western businesses continue to profit focused hypocritical ***** dealing with the Chinese. I'm looking forward to seeing if the system explodes after.

People are dumb. The government saying that every business is essential just feeds the dumb.

I gotta add to this that some business owners are just pieces of **** with no nice way to redeem themselves.

My fiancee, for example, works for a massive hearing aid company. Her and her colleagues are graduates with a degree in audiology. In other words, they're all health and science focused.

Their manager has told them to return to work for this week to clean up the clinic. Most of the employees asked wtf. The manager insisted then proceeds to call them during their shift to ensure they are working while she herself is comfortably safe in her own home.

If there was a time I could be Batman, this would it. People like her manager need to be hung from a ceiling until they piss themselves. Fingers crossed my fiancee does not get COVID-19.

This will fall on deaf ears; I'm noticing a massive increase in hatred against China even among my circle of Asian friends. The ones who have remained neutral appear to be STEM graduates that are working on the front line (doctors, public health, nurses) but these guys hate politics so don't watch the news.

When this all boils over I would not be surprised if racism against Chinese (and subsequently Asians) rise dramatically while Western businesses continue to profit focused hypocritical ***** dealing with the Chinese. I'm looking forward to seeing if the system explodes after.

ignore China at your peril. They have been investing in STEM for years but western arrogance ignores any advances. Some of my colleagues have labs in China and Canada as they know where the future (and the funding) lies. I was offered a lucrative summer post there a week ago (not going, no interest...also......couldn’t even if I wanted to). With China you get what you pay for. You want high end devices/components? You can get them...you’ll pay for them. Want feedstock for pharmaceuticals manufactured to GMP conditions? You’ll pay for it....want to cheap out? You can do that too and get inferior material.

Heard from a friend who was laid off that he's being asked to work for free for his bosses who are still collecting a full paycheck.

I have no words.

This **** makes me so ******* angry and sad.

I told my buddy he needs to at least contact the Labour Board, but he and his coworkers are hesitant to report their (******) employer. They're being gaslit by the higher ups who are "trying to save the business."

The problem with the "just stay home" and other messaging there are too many inconsistencies in the messages... for example:

“Going for a walk can be necessary if you have a pet. It’s also an important public health intervention to keep physically active, to build muscle and to improve mental health and well-being,” said Dr. Vinita Dubey, Toronto Public Health associate medical officer of health.

In that same context, a couple of days ago there was a woman on TV, walking her dog in a park and flipping out that people are bike riding (solo) not groups. Classic entitlement, maybe she should teach her dog to go in the bathtub if she is in a condo...or in her own yard if a house.

No doubt people are not doing the right thing, there are mental health and physical health considerations beyond the simple stay at home message. Are we allowed to go for a bike ride, are we not. Can I go for a walk or a run, can I not.... Can I exercise outside or not.

For the city, remove the basketball nets, don't just tape them. Close the parking lots. etc. Most importantly stop the temper-tantrums and get your act together on the message.

Ontario has 37 deaths from covid so far, 17 of them from this one nursing home, that is a significant percentage...

That was the first home that went into outbreak. Sadly, expect similar outcomes at many of the other homes in the same situation just a week or two behind.

The problem with the "just stay home" and other messaging there are to many inconsistencies in the messages... for example:

“Going for a walk can be necessary if you have a pet. It’s also an important public health intervention to keep physically active, to build muscle and to improve mental health and well-being,” said Dr. Vinita Dubey, Toronto Public Health associate medical officer of health.

In that same context, a couple of days ago there was a woman on TV, walking her dog in a park and flipping out that people are bike riding (solo) not groups. Classic entitlement, maybe she should teach her dog to go in the bathtub if she is in a condo...or in her own yard if a house.

No doubt people are not doing the right thing, there are mental health and physical health considerations beyond the simple stay at home message. Are we allowed to go for a bike ride, are we not. Can I go for a walk or a run, can I not.... Can I exercise outside or not.

For the city, remove the basketball nets, don't just tape them. Close the parking lots. etc. Most importantly stop the temper-tantrums and get your act together on the message.
Tory needs to go italian mayor on the city. Wander with a camera asking people wtf they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom