Coronavirus | Page 118 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a hospital ship comes into New York and bunch of people come for a look. A lot without masks.
That brought in 1000 more beds. NY is trying to add something like 90,000 beds to their capacity. Holy frack. The scale of what they are trying to do is commendable and horrifying at the same time.

If anyone owns ventilator manufacturer stocks, I would dump them before we get past the hump. Every health care system in the world seems to be doing an order of magnitude bump in their supply of ventilators. They may not need to order another one until these all age out and are retired.

not sure if this is real or fake

World Star Hip Hop? Did everyone at the National Enquirer get abducted by aliens and couldn't cover the story?

99% of the time I think Ford is a ********* but give him his dues, I think he’s generally doing OK with this crisis. The biggest difference between him and say a Trump is that he appears to have deferred to experts and has held back from meddling with the message.

Looks like Hamilton police are a little bored. Arrested a drug dealer, for dealing drugs... and operating a non-essential business, of dealing drugs

Well since douggie defined an essential service as "Business providing pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical services, " if the drug dealer can argue that cocaine is a pharmaceutical he beats that ticket. Since the province had already said that the LCBO is open as they don't want addicts detoxing during this time, the dealer could say the same argument should apply for cocaine.

drug dealer may very well beat all those charges
if he can get the PC booted for the stop
all the evidence goes with it

I'd like to see way more drug enforcement going on
yes, stuck with some real dog cannabis stocks :(
legalization has been a boom for the illegal dealers

I've found the community on 9gag to be surprisingly level headed with a multitude of differing opinions; I suppose it's due to 9gag being worldwide and the target audience does not consist mostly of boomers. So if anyone wants a different perspective, check out the discussion (some of it is cancerous, but it's less of an echo-chamber than here or Reddit.)

Somebody actually had a great idea....sanction China, and also find ways to punish Western governments for failing their citizens.

This also really struck a chord for me:
"The thing is also the individualistic mentality is not very good when dealing with combined effort.

In Asian countries people wear masks because they understand that they could be sick without knowing it and want to protect others. If EVERYONE wears a mask, everyone is also a bit safer because of that. So you get large portions of the population using mask there even if not mnadated, which helps contain it because people want to protect society.

In Germany, the Netherlands the UK and so on if you wear a mask people will ridicule you and make fun of you, so even those who wanted to wear mask and would have protected others will now also stop wearing it and spread it asymptomatically.

It is the "me me me" part of society really. "

Well since douggie defined an essential service as "Business providing pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical services, " if the drug dealer can argue that cocaine is a pharmaceutical he beats that ticket. Since the province had already said that the LCBO is open as they don't want addicts detoxing during this time, the dealer could say the same argument should apply for cocaine.

They are likely just sick of these guys falling through the cracks and decided to get some sort of "justice".

Totally unrelated but I always remember the case in BC where the RCMP found a tunnel to the US that was being used to smuggle drugs to the US. They didn't arrest the guys here, instead they made a call and they got dinged coming out the other side. When asked, the RCMP commissioner actually said they would get a slap on the wrist here, that he was frustrated, now they are looking at 15 years plus in the US...

They are likely just sick of these guys falling through the cracks and decided to get some sort of "justice".

Totally unrelated but I always remember the case in BC where the RCMP found a tunnel to the US that was being used to smuggle drugs to the US. They didn't arrest the guys here, instead they made a call and they got dinged coming out the other side. When asked, the RCMP commissioner actually said they would get a slap on the wrist here, that he was frustrated, now they are looking at 15 years plus in the US...
I don't doubt it. Also with the justice system at a screeching halt right now, if they pick them up again in the near future, they might be able to use breaking non-essential laws twice to keep him locked up so they won't need to deal with him until the crisis is over.

Would be very curious what an actual legal professional thinks of these charges.

My non professional opinion would be it can only be one charge or the other. Either dealing coke is a legal business (of course it would have to be setup as such with the government) in which case he can be charged with operating a non-essential business (I'll leave out the pharmaceutical question here), or he's just plain old dealing coke and charged as such.

Would be very curious what an actual legal professional thinks of these charges.

My non professional opinion would be it can only be one charge or the other. Either dealing coke is a legal business (of course it would have to be setup as such with the government) in which case he can be charged with operating a non-essential business (I'll leave out the pharmaceutical question here), or he's just plain old dealing coke and charged as such.
Well it can be a sole proprietorship with limited revenue so the government doesn't really need to be notified. If your revenue was less than 30K (and in a cash business, good luck proving otherwise) you don't need to register for HST.

The government list is essential workplaces, not businesses. They discriminate (or not) based on what you do, not how you are structured. "For the purposes of this order, businesses include any for-profit, non-profit or other entity providing the goods and services described herein" The guy was working for an entity (possibly himself) providing goods and services (delivery of drugs). I am not a lawyer, but I don't see a problem with catching both charges.

Well it can be a sole proprietorship with limited revenue so the government doesn't really need to be notified. If your revenue was less than 30K (and in a cash business, good luck proving otherwise) you don't need to register for HST.

The government list is essential workplaces, not businesses. They discriminate (or not) based on what you do, not how you are structured. "For the purposes of this order, businesses include any for-profit, non-profit or other entity providing the goods and services described herein" The guy was working for an entity (possibly himself) providing goods and services (delivery of drugs). I am not a lawyer, but I don't see a problem with catching both charges.

Interesting argument

My non professional opinion would be it can only be one charge or the other. Either dealing coke is a legal business (of course it would have to be

If you notice when charges are laid, they often charge everything that could possibly be related, knowing its a bartering piece for the crown and a better posibility others wuill stick.
It's the crown saying we'll drop xxx but y sticks , and the defense saying ok to "this' and make a deal on "that"

When youy read in the paper about somnebody facing 14 charges, everybody involved knows 12 will go away.

Not sure how I missed the proposed merger of Air Transat with Air Canada. That would be terrible for consumers. If it’s the only way one survives from the mess then fine but otherwise......crap.

prices for travelers will no doubt go up with less completion if it goes through

could be a plus for safety though
don't recall AC running jets out of gas
or having drunk pilots

lots of spare time to read and correct myself
AC did indeed run a 767 out of gas @ 41,000 ft over Manitoba in 1983

anyone with a few minutes to kill, read this
craziness! what a story

Last edited:
@J_F Dammit...should've bought AC stock when it went down to under $10/share...It's up to $16 now.,

Reactions: J_F
... large portions of the population using mask there even if not mnadated
lol ya an old guy would say a large portion of the population became accustom to wearing masks outdoors because the air is so thick with pollution that you could cut it with a knife.

lol ya an old guy would say a large portion of the population became accustom to wearing masks outdoors because the air is so thick with pollution that you could cut it with a knife.

You're not serious are you? I'm confused about the context or intention of your msg lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom