Coffee: McDonalds, Tim Hortons, Starbucks...or? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coffee: McDonalds, Tim Hortons, Starbucks...or?

water to taste it
straight it numbs the buds
and I just don't like a room temp bevvie
has to be hot or cold

MacAllan 18 is my preference
don't face palm me, prick

I drink Americanos at home , its not a flavour. If you dont know the difference that's sad....
My bad, I do know an Americano is coffee, I generally group it with Espresso (which is also a coffee, but not in the context of Tims vs Starbs vs McDs).

Someone please educate me. Is it worth buying a burr grind machine and do beans instead?

Yes, yes, yes. Just make sure it's a real burr grinder, not just a chopper. Big difference in the consistency of the end result and a quality standalone burr grinder is usually adjustable depending on what kind of machine you're using to brew - a perk, drip, french press, etc.

would also like to get into roasting my own beans
anyone here into that?

Nope. I like the end result, not really the process. That's the same reason I just buy a bike I like and ride the crap out of it instead of building them like some enjoy. ;)

My wife bought this cuban coffee on our last trip, its pretty good, apart from that I make the mcdonalds coffee at home, with filtered water + brown sugar its delicious :)

I've had really mixed results on buying the "expensive" options. I paid a bunch of money for a bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain peaberry once whilst on one of our cruises, and honestly, no matter how I prepared it (pour over, drip, french press) it just didn't float my boat. Immediately returned to Kicking Horse or Starbucks beans and ended up finding someone on Kijiji to buy the peaberry for most of what I paid for it despite a few pots worth being gone.

Yup Starbucks is to rich for me.

It's a bit of a misconception that Starbucks is expensive. For just regular coffee it's actually pretty reasonable. It's only once you get into the half caf mocha latte frapachino mochalata blahblah ******** that it gets insane.

Devil's Advocate here. When in western Ontario, (west of Sault Ste Marie), or eastern Canada,

There used to be a Robins Donuts in Oshawa...long gone, it's now a restaurant.

I stopped drinking coffee about 3 years ago.
I was up to about 6 cups a day.
Now I drink tea.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

A couple of drops of water releases the esters. Do your research.
Water doesn't release esters, it dilutes the ABV which causes interlocked ethanol and guaiacol (the stuff than makes scotch smoky) to separate so your nose and taste buds can detect the different flavors. It's not that big of a deal with blends, nor for most of the stuff we can buy as it's already diluted to 40% -- you have to be a real scotch aficionado to be able to detect the difference in flavor/aroma between 40 and the optimal 25% ABV.

I'm not a scotch expert by any means. I did take a few LCBO courses a few years ago, and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last week.

I stopped drinking coffee about 3 years ago.
I was up to about 6 cups a day.
Now I drink tea.

6 cups a day?

I have 6 cups before I leave the house in the morning, then a travel mug (probably 3 cups) on the way to work. And then there's the rest of the day.

Some say I have a problem. As long as I have coffee, no problem. ?

must be the crack cocaine secret ingredient.

I once dropped by a metal shop in Milton on a Saturday to have 2 short pieces of metal cut on a metal press/guillotine. It wan't anything worth a "cash job" so I wanted to buy the guy a coffee as a thank you.
He respectfully declined and said that he does not drink Tim's as there is more **** in there than actually coffee.
He pointed out that there have been studies done and traces of nicotine, aspartame, and other addictive crap in there.
It is all this crap that you are craving and not the actual coffee.

Turned out the guy raced bikes. Had his trailer and all gear at the shop. I can't remember the name of the shop.

After that, I challenged myself and gave up Tim's. Also for the reason that I drank 3-5 cups a day. I did feel much better after not drinking it.
(I also challenged myself to give up fast food restaurants in 2001/2002, mainly Mc'D, Buger King's, KFC and the type. I have been more successful with this challenge, as I have not had a burger/food from any of these places since)

Today,
I MUST have a tea with my breakfast in the morning at home, and coffee to go in a Contigo mug. (nothing special, just the instant stuff, Yes I know some may not even call that coffee but it works for me for now)

On the road, I will either have McD's or Tims.
Starbucks. I can't speak their language. Too complicated, not to mention the price.

I like my Coffee as DBL DBL or as close to it as possible.

However, I do appreciate the really good tasty coffee. I often enjoy one at clients homes when doing work there and they offer.
It is something I want to get into. A proper machine with the proper beans etc.

how you take your coffee

A guy that I worked with, would always answer when asked this questions.

"Large Black, ... Just the way I like my w.............." (fill in that blank, I don't want to get banned) ;)

And here I was thinking it was heroin they added.

Almost forgot. You can order coffee at Mc Donald's on the senior menu. A Medium comes out to $1.48 tax in, so a buck fifty rounded up.

Almost forgot. You can order coffee at Mc Donald's on the senior menu. A Medium comes out to $1.48 tax in, so a buck fifty rounded up.

And you get seniors rates starting at 55! Yeah baby!!!

I still do orange pekoe tea with 2 milk and 1 sugar at McD, use the sticker for my card and use the app for purchase, trying to scam for more freebies. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And you get seniors rates starting at 55! Yeah baby!!!

I had no idea. Went through the drive through and handed the girl $1.85. She gave me $0.35 back. Couldn't understand what she said as she did it (traffic at 25 + Market is loud). Huh? Whatever. Went back a week later and ******* at the window about getting sugar in my coffee the day before and I had to dump it. She gave me my coffee for free and told me to start ordering a senior from now on.

Back
Top Bottom