Canadian Tire - Curbside experiences | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Tire - Curbside experiences

sburns

Just curious if your experience is the same as mine with CT.
Placed an order online for curbside, everything is in stock, will be ready in 4 days.
Email confirmation received of purchase, says click here to check status, open that to a web page that basically says thanks for order nothing more??

Feel they are dropping the ball here, Home Depots system works very well and I can reliably pick up orders next day.

It's been smooth here (Owen Sound), typically ready by noon the next day. They must be waiting for stock for whatever you ordered if they quoted 4 days.

Same situation last summer.
In stock
4 days to be ready
Says will get email for pick up details after 12pm
No email came
Went check on status
Didn't have update, but had an option to cancel my order
So I cancelled it and bought from Home Depot
Picked up next day
Placed in the hatch of my SUV
Very easy experience

I wanted to shop Canadian, but they made it VERY difficult to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Same situation last summer.
In stock
4 days to be ready
Says will get email for pick up details after 12pm
No email came
Went check on status
Didn't have update, but had an option to cancel my order
So I cancelled it and bought from Home Depot
Picked up next day
Placed in the hatch of my SUV
Very easy experience

I wanted to shop Canadian, but they made it VERY difficult to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Glad to hear I am not the only one, I am ok with waiting on this one, most of the items I could get a HD, but I was just tired of giving them my money all the time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Honesty have never had a bad issue with CT or HD for curbside. Typically 24 or less from order to pickup.

only issue is they need more spots at Winston Churchill and Dundas as it’s jammed. And they shortened their hours.

I have found Canadian Tire in this area is super fast order ready in a few hours and drive right up and get it within a minute or so. Home Depot takes days and they can be up to a hour bringing your stuff to you once you arrive.
Strange that different areas have such different experiences.

Sent from my Chesterfield using my thumbs

Worked decently enough here. Said it would be ready middle of the next day, I got a text that it was ready the same evening. Only issue was a very long line to the pick-up area (more than an hour).

Stouffville CTC is typically next day. I have been using my local Home Hardware, you can drivethru shop - tell them what you need and they get it from the store, no wait.

I was at the Markham & 14th CTC Thursday am, I asked the order runners (3 of the sitting outside doing nothing) if they could get me a jug of oil while I was there. Nope, order online and pick it up Sat.

There was a day when CTC was my go to store, not these days, they have lost their way on customer service.

Few purchases, same or next day. Parking lot is empty more or less, no waiting.

Now i have to return something and i haven't figured out how to do it yet lol.

Few purchases, same or next day. Parking lot is empty more or less, no waiting.

Now i have to return something and i haven't figured out how to do it yet lol.
Ya kinda the same I have a bunch of stuff to return to HD which I ended up not using. I think it won't happen until the stores open. They have at least extended the return dates though.

Near me in Hamilton it's been decent for Crappy Tire, awful for Home Depot. Usually next day at CT, unless ordered first thing in the morning, when I have had same day.

The wait at the store is about 10 minutes from arrival to driving away, including calling, giving the info, and waiting for someone to bring it out. Home Depot is usually days for being ready, then well over an hour at the store for pickup.

I suspect the difference is staffing levels, as during normal times the CT near here always has someone close by for help, where Home Depot requires chasing elusive glimpses of orange aprons around the aisles, then when you finally pin someone down, there's five other folks ahead of you...

I suspect the difference is staffing levels, as during normal times the CT near here always has someone close by for help, where Home Depot requires chasing elusive glimpses of orange aprons around the aisles, then when you finally pin someone down, there's five other folks ahead of you...

The Crappy Tire in Waterdown is more like the HD you describe. One ever elusive CS person, and 10 Loss Prevention people attempting to discretely trade you off as you go from department to department.

The Crappy Tire in Waterdown is more like the HD you describe. One ever elusive CS person, and 10 Loss Prevention people attempting to discretely trade you off as you go from department to department.
I liken both Canadian Tire and HD to a game of human Pacman. You head chase them down aisles, after aisle, and eventually you catch one or you don't.

The HD guys have if down, they hang out on an aisle adjacent to their department so when you catch them all you get is "Plumbing? I'm from lumber, there's a plumbing guy in Aisle 13 who can help you".

The HD guys have if down, they hang out on an aisle adjacent to their department so when you catch them all you get is "Plumbing? I'm from lumber, there's a plumbing guy in Aisle 13 who can help you".

^--- this.

I mentioned the CTC's methodology to the manager of the Rona across the street. Her response was "oh, you're being watched here" and pointed to the cameras. "we just don't want to make the honest people feel like criminals while we do it."

Needed some nuts and bolts to repair a wheel barrow . Waited two days for the parts from Home Depot . Not sure how you can work on any project with hardware stores closed .

Back
Top Bottom