Canadian Tire - Curbside experiences | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Tire - Curbside experiences

Oh jezz I forgot how bad Walmart site is.

Same thing as you, lots of "other" seller offerings, and with it outrageous pricing. I was looking for a keyring, just a basic metal loop, I was getting results for $30 for a keyring!!!

The other problem, stuff is labelled as grocery item, somehow a shower curtain is labelled as a grocery item, which means they won't ship it and you have to reserve a spot at the store. ?‍♂️
I think WM would top the list of the worst.

Thankfully HD or some of the other retailers don't have 3rd party sellers.
It's hard enough finding a specific plumbing item as it is.

FWIW I ordered a bit of an eclectic mix of stuff (some camping stuff, some vehicle maintenance stuff, a power bar, etc) from the Bowmanville Canadian Tire this morning at around 9:30.

Pickup notice just came in about 20 minutes ago.

Not too shabby.

All of my orders have been a random mix of auto, kitchen, yard and general house stuff. Usually place the order in the morning and by the afternoon its ready for pickup.
Got myself in trouble once for getting out of my vehicle to help (mask on of course) as I feel its so inhumane for them to open, lift the heavy items and close the tailgate on their own.
They were kind about it, just said, they appreciate it, but its policy.
Other than that, its been great! (touch wood)

Got myself in trouble once for getting out of my vehicle to help (mask on of course) as I feel its so inhumane for them to open, lift the heavy items and close the tailgate on their own.
They were kind about it, just said, they appreciate it, but its policy.
I don't have a car with an automatic hatch or truck opening option so I always get out to open the hatch when they finally bring out the item(s). It's been cold and raining the times I've been there, so not leaving the hatch wide open for 15 minutes. Sometimes I've helped load, other times they just hand me the item. Never a word said to me that I should remain in the car.

I've needed to use the Canadian Tire curb-side pickup in Orangeville a couple of times in the past week. Both times the order was ready same day, actually within an hour or so. They have less than a dozen parking spots designated for pickup, but they seem to be able to keep up with the flow of customers.

I haven't even tried to use the Home Depot set-up they have here. The parking lot is now barricaded with jersey walls and you have to enter through a single entrance with a gatehouse. Reminds me of a border checkpoint, "papers please". Fortunately I have not needed to shop there so far and will delay any projects until I can re-enter the store.

The worst part of all the online ordering, is the actual online ordering. What is it with Canadian stores and their lousy websites? I haven't found one yet that even comes close to the abilities of US stores. Even the US based stores don't seem to offer the same web-abilities for their Canadian counterparts. If you're looking for small parts, or want to view a selection to choose from, it simply can't be done in most cases. For those items you actually have to call the store and describe what you need, then hope the person you spoke to has the experience to know exactly what you want. You would think after the first lockdown last year they would have upped their online game.

Unless it's an absolute emergency, I'm waiting until after this current lockdown is over before starting any large projects.
Are they ignoring that people that never shopped on line before are now doing so?

When lockdowns end the new online shoppers may continue if they like the service. A crappy website will push them to another chain.

Chain consistency is also an issue. Fast food is well into it. The meal experience you order in Burlington should be the same as the one in Oshawa. If you get poor service at one hardware chain it could affect other stores in the chain.

I find the WalMart site to be horrible.

When ever I just want to search if WM has something, ideally in store for in person purchase (pre-COVID), most of the search result come back with random items for 3rd and 4th and 6th .... party sellers. In this case you could only order for shipping and in most cases those items are "unavailable". But somehow they end up at the top of the search results.

I don't visit that site often but, I have not been able to narrow the search down to in store items only.
I detest WM. When stores were open I saw an item I wanted but it was online only. I tried to order but when shipping was added in the price was stupid. I said I'd pick up at the store but that didn't change anything, the shipping was about the same as the item. I cancelled.

If you volume ship the costs are crazy low. It might cost you $25 to ship a gift to someone but the same package in volume could be a quarter the price. Walmart wants what it would cost the customer.

Oh jezz I forgot how bad Walmart site is.

Same thing as you, lots of "other" seller offerings, and with it outrageous pricing. I was looking for a keyring, just a basic metal loop, I was getting results for $30 for a keyring!!!

The other problem, stuff is labelled as grocery item, somehow a shower curtain is labelled as a grocery item, which means they won't ship it and you have to reserve a spot at the store. ?‍♂️
I don't like in-person shopping at IKEA. If I need a specific item I hate the waste of time going through their maze and back out. Some website are doing the point of sale thing as well with popups and banners.

Some related items are so unrelated they're funny. People that bought a chain saw also bought ceiling paint.

Wife picked up my CT order last week. She said she called the store since the email didn't have a "I'm here" box like HD and they brought it out right away. That's when they told her the process was some car lineup drive-through thingy and she noticed the lineup of cars waiting. I guess the staff were great but the process isn't as smooth as HD.
Grocery pickup from WM I've waited 30-40min outside so it's quicker to go inside.
HD always been great. Quickly out with my order and usually big heavy items which I help them load obviously.

The only thing I've found difficult with Canadian Tire is figuring out where the queue starts and ends.

Home Depot seems easier with a dozen or more designated spots, and them walking the goods out to you. Ordered something with my email, sister's phone #, and dad's name for him, since he doesn't have a computer, and I'm 400 km away. Worked out well and he got his stuff.

Recently ordered from HD & CT, both Hamilton. Five day wait to get pick up email for HD (for in stock item, in January it was next day), use I'm here button in email out in about 15min. CT ordered & got email that night & picked up next day. My CT is pretty new & has a large arch noting where online order pick up is, call & they brought out item in about 5min. Petsmart ordered dog food picked up same day 2hrs later, called & brought out to trunk, a different pet store (Petmax) here only does next day with scheduled pick-up appointment. Indigo same as CT

So as bad as Walmart's site is the customer service is better. Ordered some stuff 1 item came with the plastic wrap torn and a part fell out someplace. Called to let them know and asked about how a return would work. They just said keep it and we will refund you. It was only $15 bucks, but one less hassle to deal with. (y)

Haven't bought anything from a hardware store since the mockdown started. Waiting to get some paint.....

Ordered a couple of cans of hornet death from the Waterdown CTC at 5:45. Ready for pickup text came through at 8:00.

Mark's was weird. It may use the CT app. Wouldn't let me confirm my arrival online. Had to call the store. Then again, it seems their store is still open to go in.

When lockdowns end the new online shoppers may continue if they like the service. A crappy website will push them to another chain.
I certainly will not continue to shop online after this is over. I hate online shopping and am only doing so because I have no other choice. I refuse to pay shipping so if I have to go to the store to pick up the item I might as well go inside and pick it up there.

I'm probably in the minority here, but when I shop I like to actually see and touch the product to be sure of its quality before I buy.

Part of my fun at 6am was going to HD to pick up something I really needed. And then get into a trance looking at tools and all the other things I dreamed of needing and never ever using in my house.

Speaking of I actually need to do an inventory of what the eff I have here. House is full of junk and things that have never been used.

I certainly will not continue to shop online after this is over. I hate online shopping and am only doing so because I have no other choice. I refuse to pay shipping so if I have to go to the store to pick up the item I might as well go inside and pick it up there.

I'm probably in the minority here, but when I shop I like to actually see and touch the product to be sure of its quality before I buy.
I don't see me becoming s regular on liner either. Some things are OK but how about the very high quality tool that is a perfect fit for someone else's hand size?

Haven't bought anything from a hardware store since the mockdown started. Waiting to get some paint.....
Kid's been tinting paint for Home Depot during the lockdown. Click and collect makes it that much more interesting.

Part of my fun at 6am was going to HD to pick up something I really needed. And then get into a trance looking at tools and all the other things I dreamed of needing and never ever using in my house.

Speaking of I actually need to do an inventory of what the eff I have here. House is full of junk and things that have never been used.
Found some tools last time I went through the garage that I never knew I had. I'd almost gone out and bought another one, I use it that rarely.

......... Found some tools last time I went through the garage that I never knew I had. I'd almost gone out and bought another one, I use it that rarely.
Son is moving into a house and came to collect his tools. Before he left I asked to see them (I have some that have gone 'missing'). I went through them and asked him what some were. He said he didnt know. Obviously not his. He agreed so I took them back. I have no idea when I got them or what I used them for but since he didnt know what they were, they werent his. Not even sure if they were mine !!

Kid's been tinting paint for Home Depot during the lockdown. Click and collect makes it that much more interesting.

Found some tools last time I went through the garage that I never knew I had. I'd almost gone out and bought another one, I use it that rarely.
This is what happens. I need a tool, I buy said tool, then I find the tool needed in another container.....I am a tool!

Inventory needs to be done. But I just don’t want to.

Back
Top Bottom