• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he's going on the right path. Better than Wynne who ****** up so bad we can't walk straight anymore.

The hippies have been so coddled with free stuff that all they can see is rainbow and unicorns once you take that away they cry like mofos.
Yes, yes and yes.

Doesn't matter what you cut, the people will be up in arms. Cutting a bit of everything is the right way to do it.

Tale as old as time.

Who was the principal secretary to Trudeau again? Right, his best friend.

Im not sure what a secretary does, but head of OPP is an important position.

Provincial deficiets are spiraling up, Federal deficiets are on the moon, interest rates are cheap. There will be a reconing. As long as the GDP exceeds the deficiets , along we go.
Justin has to go, if only to refocus. If he gets another term his team will only be emboldened to make the debt pile bigger with no remorse.

Im not sure what a secretary does, but head of OPP is an important position.
Principal Secretary (Canada) - Wikipedia

In this case it seems he, instead of Katie Telford (Chief of Staff) was telling everyone how high to jump.

By the way, didn't i read somewhere that Ford recused himself from the final selection of the OPP Chief?

Yes i know there was the scandal of them lowering requirements, something is sticking in my brain though :unsure:

Word on Twitter is that Justin Trudeau's lawyers had an emergency injunction set against today's Globe and Mail being distributed to stop an "extremely egregious" story on him. No hard copies of the Globe around. Sounds like they might have him. Sooner or later you know the story is coming out, perhaps in the U.S. media.

Singh is getting hammered by the political commentators on abandoning the core of the NDP for not challenging Quebec Bill 21.

Word on Twitter is that Justin Trudeau's lawyers had an emergency injunction set against today's Globe and Mail being distributed to stop an "extremely egregious" story on him. No hard copies of the Globe around. Sounds like they might have him. Sooner or later you know the story is coming out, perhaps in the U.S. media.

The Globe was out this morning. No big story in it.

Singh is getting hammered by the political commentators on abandoning the core of the NDP for not challenging Quebec Bill 21.

I'm indian and I wouldn't vote for Singh. Race or religion has nothing to do with this but rather I can't get behind any party that doesn't believe in fiscal responsibility. I hate this spend spend tax tax mentality.

I actually think Paul Martin was one of the best prime ministers and finance minister we had. Would have liked to see him in a second term

I'm indian and I wouldn't vote for Singh. Race or religion has nothing to do with this but rather I can't get behind any party that doesn't believe in fiscal responsibility. I hate this spend spend tax tax mentality.
I hear ya

I hear Chretien balanced the budget, as a liberal no less, I was too young to remember tbh.

My understanding at present with a allegeded Trudeau school scandal is there is an NDA in place with the school on his departure. Right now its just an ugly rumour, but usually where there is smoke theres fire.

I find it fairly shocking how readily people seem to be all for burying their grand children in debt. I don't have kids but if so i imagine this would give me pause.
My friend, your parents and grandparents did it to you.

It's a timeless Liberal trick, they play nice with presents till were in too deep to see a way out. The pendulum swings, Conservatives come in -- once they stop the bleeding the pendulum swings again, and all those gifts are again appealing to a new crop if idealistic Canadians, largely ones who have never seen the pendulum run 2 full cycles.

Bonus points to whoever knows the movie without looking it up.

Anyone who doesn't vote (sure it's your right) has no place complaining about anything for the next 4 years, imo.
Ronin, good movie. Has one of my favorite actors, McElhone.

That's the propblem with being photogenic. People are always taking your picture, some of which you'd rather didn't see the light of day.

123C7B85-C10D-4463-B0EA-26746342CA11.png

Speaking of.

Has anyone else noticed the Liberal camp has completely abandoned balancing the books?

First run they promised in 4? years. No big surprise they didn't achieve it..or really try to do so, most campaign promises are baloney.

But man, they aren't even going to lie to us this time. I don't know whether to be be scared or impressed.
There is no possible way for them to balance books now Trudeau needs to call Steve Welker.

For those old enough to remember the last Liberal and I think only Liberal gov't to ever balance Canada's books were the ones that substantially rolled back the economic damage done by Justin's father. They were right of Sheer's conservatives.

My friend, your parents and grandparents did it to you.

It's a timeless Liberal trick, they play nice with presents till were in too deep to see a way out. The pendulum swings, Conservatives come in -- once they stop the bleeding the pendulum swings again, and all those gifts are again appealing to a new crop if idealistic Canadians, largely ones who have never seen the pendulum run 2 full cycles.

For me when the cons came in last time science, investment in basic science, tech advances and our global standing in that area took a massive hit. All in the name of austerity measures and a general anti-basic science stance. I don’t want to see that again. Right now, we have world leading AI tech and the second largest tech corridor in North America. We have leading scientists from Europe coming here to do basic and applied research because the environment looks more attractive than back home for them. Basic research leads to applied research leads to new cutting edge industry. Without it we are mining and oil extraction and service industry based. Balanced budgets are fine, but not if your country is peddling backwards and the world is moving on without you.

I actually think Paul Martin was one of the best prime ministers and finance minister we had. Would have liked to see him in a second term
He was undoubtedly one of the best best federal Finance ministers we ever had, he would be with Flaherty. These guys had the stones and support to stand up to the PMO when they had to, and the trust of the PM when they needed it. Morneau is an entitled puppet, all he does is fill in credit applications for Trudeau.

For me when the cons came in last time science, investment in basic science, tech advances and our global standing in that area took a massive hit. All in the name of austerity measures and a general anti-basic science stance. I don’t want to see that again. Right now, we have world leading AI tech and the second largest tech corridor in North America. We have leading scientists from Europe coming here to do basic and applied research because the environment looks more attractive than back home for them. Basic research leads to applied research leads to new cutting edge industry. Without it we are mining and oil extraction and service industry based. Balanced budgets are fine, but not if your country is peddling backwards and the world is moving on without you.
You're going to need some backup to that observation. The cutbacks in STEM areas done by Martin/Cretien and Harper were a shift from gov't funded boondoggling (NRC) and job subsidies in the public sector to incentives for private investment and job creation. No economist or political will ever tell you gov't research will be more efficient at making way and employment than the private sector.

You're going to need some backup to that observation. The cutbacks in STEM areas done by Martin/Cretien and Harper were a shift from gov't funded boondoggling (NRC) and job subsidies in the public sector to incentives for private investment and job creation. No economist or political will ever tell you gov't research will be more efficient at making way and employment than the private sector.

Sure. Harper muzzled govt scientists (particularly climate and agro) and cut funding from NSERC towards some valuable programs in universities. The emphasis changed to applied science (tech transfer etc) but funds were not increased. New faculty hiring went nowhere so promising young researchers left the country taking their ideas with them. The thing is applied science comes from basic science and canada was always a few steps behind on the applied side anyway. Basic science got a boost under the libs, not enough but something at least.

Speculate to accumulate. The cons generally don’t believe in that, they are happy to keep the business we already have, not encourage the cutting edge business we could have.

I’m biased, this is my area and generally Canada plays second fiddle to everywhere else but we shouldn’t have to. We have smart people. We just need other smart people to invest in them and encourage them to the betterment of our society.

I used to work for one of the largest biotech companies in North America. It was an Ontario origin, Quebec based company and it was one of many. Those are mostly all gone now (risky business) and they haven’t been replaced. Now canada is a world leader in generic medicine production but generics have already had the R&D done elsewhere. We remanufacture pharmaceuticals. Nothing ground breaking about that though. We are mostly OK at what we do, but we could be a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom