Can we mobilize teachers? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can we mobilize teachers?

5G has two frequency ranges. Sub 6 GHz (FR1) overlaps a lot of 4G spectrum wise, channel "widths" are wider for higher speed etc. but it is not remarkably different than 4G from an RF perspective. That is mostly what we hear about today in the wild.

Higher than 20 GHz (FR2) is the super speed and performance "game changer" mmWave but it cannot go through rain, leaves, windows, buildings, etc. Distance is also very short range (compared to 4G or FR1). It will do nothing to help unversed areas.

CRTC specifies "Broadband" as min 50 down by 10 up these days, for what that is worth...

It is even far too common for companies that require Internet as a mission critical part of their business to buy up land for their new HQs just outside of the city, they checked for gas, water, hydro, sewer....only to find out the build is seven figures to get Internet! I know way too many cases...

People just take it for granted, at all levels.

5G has two frequency ranges. Sub 6 GHz (FR1) overlaps a lot of 4G spectrum wise, channel "widths" are wider for higher speed etc. but it is not remarkably different than 4G from an RF perspective. That is mostly what we hear about today in the wild.

Higher than 20 GHz (FR2) is the super speed and performance "game changer" mmWave but it cannot go through rain, leaves, windows, buildings, etc. Distance is also very short range (compared to 4G or FR1). It will do nothing to help unversed areas.

CRTC specifies "Broadband" as min 50 down by 10 up these days, for what that is worth...

It is even far too common for companies that require Internet as a mission critical part of their business to buy up land for their new HQs just outside of the city, they checked for gas, water, hydro, sewer....only to find out the build is seven figures to get Internet! I know way too many cases...

People just take it for granted, at all levels.
I don't have 50/10. I had that at the old house. Best I can get here is 30/10. Attainable rate is 55, but I was strongly advised against trying it as stability would fall off a cliff. I'll take stable 30 over spotty 50 anyday.

50/10 is the min "package" or capability, there is some minor grey area (maybe even debate) regarding how often you get it...

Also the technology supports it by the person choose to buy a lower package...

50/10 is the min "package" or capability, there is some minor grey area (maybe even debate) regarding how often you get it...

Also the technology supports it by the person choose to buy a lower package...
You don't have to be rural for your internet to suck. I live in the villiage of Markham, 500m from a CO that is equipped with DSL stingers. My average is 8/3 and in line with my neighbors. I tried cable for a while, but with 70 homes on my loop it was less than 1mbps from 3PM onwards. There have been no performance upgrades since 1999. I get faster internet on my phone.

Those people in the picture were 7 yrs old when the teachers started to understand on line teaching, they are now in grade 5

sorry , shooting fish in a barrel.

You don't have to be rural for your internet to suck. I live in the villiage of Markham, 500m from a CO that is equipped with DSL stingers. My average is 8/3 and in line with my neighbors. I tried cable for a while, but with 70 homes on my loop it was less than 1mbps from 3PM onwards. There have been no performance upgrades since 1999. I get faster internet on my phone.
Makes sense, current LTE networks can achieve 400mbps ;)

Fack, fire them all and start again. My facebook teacher friends are posting links to how schools in QC are spreading Covid even with social distancing. They want to keep getting paid to do even less than dick all in September. Keeping them employed at full salary when they are working less than eight hours a week is a travesty.

EDIT:
Thursday is a work day right? One of my teacher friends posted pictures of her golfing yesterday in the middle of the day and hugging people that lived in at least two households (no masks present). Those poor overworked teachers that are making full salary while bitching about how much work they are doing. Fire most of them and start again. It won't be worse and might be better.

Last edited:
It looks like the teachers unions leaders are back to work!

Is anyone getting annoyed by the ETFO's non stop 'save the children' radios ads?

Radio!
do they still support that?
& can I get it on a crystal?

Is anyone getting annoyed by the ETFO's non stop 'save the children' radios ads?
Nope. Dont listen to radio. As for most teachers and the unions, they have cried wolf for so long I ignore most of what they have to say. As a group, the majority seem to have isolated themselves from reality.

this could be a game changer

application being reviewed by the CRTC
let's see if Bell/Telus/Rogers are able to kill it

Last edited:

I couldn't believe it when I heard the ads. Ford has done pretty well with COVID and this just sends the wrong message and is more self serving and divides people, which isn't what we need.

Don't you guys have the radio in on in the garage when wrenching?

All I hear right now is rain :| it actually sounds pretty neat.

... tomorrow, motorcycles.

Nope. Dont listen to radio. As for most teachers and the unions, they have cried wolf for so long I ignore most of what they have to say. As a group, the majority seem to have isolated themselves from reality.
True, but they are getting clever in disguising their work. The battle cry is always 'save the children', lately the message is being relayed as some form of partnership between parents and teachers working together to ensure the blue bogymen don't harm the children.

In reality it's about getting more salary and benefits -- it always is. Over the last few decades salaries and benefits have gobbles up more than 100% of the funding increases. Stated correctly teacher wage and benefit demands are the main reason classroom funding isn't hitting the kids.

Now they want $19,000 per teacher for their COVID return plan.

this could be a game changer

application being reviewed by the CRTC
let's see if Bell/Telus/Rogers are able to kill it
I have applied to be a Bata tester for it no internet available here except xplornet crap that was so bad I cancelled and use cell data until something else comes along.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Hmm thinking this may be in the wrong thread

Reactions: J_F
me too Steve

Xplornet, SMH
the ineptness of the service is only outdone by how they deal with customers

Rogers 3G is only a little more money and very reliable - no LTE here

lets hope the CRTC has some ballz and approves the application

me too Steve

Xplornet, SMH
the ineptness of the service is only outdone by how they deal with customers

Rogers 3G is only a little more money and very reliable - no LTE here

lets hope the CRTC has some ballz and approves the application
They told me if I wanted better service I would have to add another 20 feet to my tower for 2-3 g after telling me the 45' they installed for 2g would be good 4 years ago it never was.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Faak... watching the news tonight I saw the SEIU and CUPE starting to attack based on Covid.

Carenotprofits.com spreading a message that Doug Ford needs to unionize all nursing homes. Sad thing about this deception is union run homes had about the same death rates overall, and the worst when it comes to the extreme outbreaks.

I’m all for better regulation, I’m disgusted that a union would try to enrich themselves using lies and findings that happened in QC.

Back
Top Bottom