Buying gear from Europe | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying gear from Europe

Most recent overseas purchase was from chromeburner.com, ordered a helmet and some other smaller items, got it delivered in less than 7 days with Fedex, Free shipping, 150 CDN for duty, still saved about 300 bucks after it was all said and done.

Have previously ordered direct from Dianese.com good deals, again received in less than 2 weeks, however had to send an item back cost me 150 bucks to put a pair of boots on Canada Post and send it back via ship, got a refund two months later, sometimes you win some sometimes you don't.

As previously mentioned try to be accurate with sizing, to avoid returns, but always double check the return policy, most are customer pay for return shipping.

Best,
Two.

+1 to ChromeBurner. Bought gloves from them, received in 4 days (FedEx), but they didn't fit. Sent back CP for $50 (but PayPal covered $30 return shipping, so just paid $20), took 7 days to arrive to Netherland. ChromeBurner refunded in 24 hours including the original shipping cost!
-100000000 to FedEx. Applied for HST refund as the gloves were returned (exported). Never got a reply...

I ordered a pair of gloves from FC Moto. It took a week to get here. Wasn't dinged for the GST.
My experience with FC-Moto, MotoIn.de, any German store those use DHL/CanadaPost for shipping that delivery time as well as GST is 50/50 hit and miss. I ordered 3 packages from Fc-moto recently - first took 3 weeks and no GST, second 1 week and got dinged for GST, third 1 week and no GST. It's a gambling.
What I was trying to say in the previous message is that I'm very impressed now ChromeBurner handled the returns. I believe you won't be able to find any Canadian/US store that processes refunds so quick and more importantly refunds full shipping costs!

Back in July, I had to order a new foam air filter for my SXV, and UK seller "ducatimondo" on ebay was one of the few places I could get one. Arrived in 4 days vs the 10 days they said to expect, and no additional taxes or fees. That was a nice bonus.

'Have ordered bike a specific tool from the UK... 'Just couldn't source it here.

Royal Mail... Three days.

ordered a few parts from the UK, all went through alright. One of them got dinged a pretty big fee. But i was saving over 280 euros by shipping from there directly

I just ordered this from CB. Regular Mail - Didn't choose Fed-Ex. Now, whether I get dinged or not, remains to be seen.
The price here in Canada is more than double (here) including taxes
My wife loves her K6. Great helmet.

Last edited:
Ordered a helmet from MotardInn in Holland Saturday. Had the choice of mail or DHL. DHL was 4x the price and I would have gotten brokeraped, so I chose mail. Could have got it for $21 cheaper from the US but they didn't have the colour I wanted and they use FedEx. Again, would have gotten dinged for more than the $21 on the brokerapage fees. Hopefully it will be just the HST. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom