Buying gear from Europe | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying gear from Europe

By using a VPN, the location of the computer floating the query can be shown to originate in a different country. The VPN does not help with the actual delivery location.
If the Vendor delivers to the US, use the VPN to locate the computer in the US, place the order and deliver it to a cross-border address that you have a registration for.
With some cross-border firms you have to go there and collect, others for a fee will tranship to your home address

How does bouncing your IP help with getting them shipped to Canada when they don't ship them to Canada?
I meant use a VPN to see if they are picking on Canadians...then ask them why they're picking on Canadians. Cry discrimination and leave your pronouns and you'll likely get your order for free.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Seems Alpinestars is the latest to introduce regional shipping limits. I bought my Tech-Air 5 from FC Moto a while back for way less than here, but I guess the North American distributors took issue with being undercut so heavily. Wonder if you can buy from a US seller...

FC Moto will still ship other stuff. Just ordered a Shark Spartan RS for $320 CAD after applying the Black Friday 20% discount. Add $40 for shipping, and it's an ECE 22.06 helmet with an internal sun visor for less than $400...

I bought some closeout Supertech-R boots from FCMoto a couple of months ago with no problems, so it's not a specifically Alpinestars thing. I can add the Gaerne Dakar or Supertech-R boots to my shopping cart, but I cannot add the Tech Air 5 without triggering the "product is not available for your selected delivery country" message. And if the Tech Air 5 is already in the cart, then everything in the cart gets tagged with the same message. Since the Tech Air has a whole bunch of electronic gizmos in it that need FCC-type approval I wouldn't be surprised if they are not allowed to ship that version to Canada and it messes up the whole shopping cart.

Nope, their site was just messed up this weekend - possibly on purpose to avoid selling certain items so low. Anything I couldn't add before, I can now add and check out, but the Tech Air 5 that would have been $560 yesterday is now $790.

Email them and tell them you want the yesterday price

tradeinn.com has Tech 5s starting at $305 CAD

tradeinn.com has Tech 5s starting at $305 CAD

Not sure those would make for very effective airbag vests...

(MotardInn doesn't seem to carry the Tech Air 5, but they have the semi-controversial In&Motion vests from the usual Euro brands.)

Be very careful buying airbag vests from Europe when I looked they ship without the gas canister more than wiping out any saving.

Sent from the future

I've bought parts from Europe for Ducati and BMW bikes with great prices and fast shipping.

Ordered a new helmet from FC Moto about 3 weeks ago that stated was in stock and ships out in 5-7 days. Well 14 days after ordering they emailed me saying there's a delay from the manufacturer and they won't receive the helmet to ship out for yet another 2 weeks. No reply yet to my response that there advertisement of it being in stock was incorrect and waiting 14 days to tell me it's delayed are both bad service.

This just arrived! $399 all inclusive. Thankfully, no duty

View attachment 58102

Alongside the older sibling (K3sv)

View attachment 58103
Hi @kurtrules - today I was checking out K3sv and K6 at GP bikes. The K3sv XS would fit but not the K6 XS. Did you notice that you had to go one size up between these 2 helmets.

I have a splitting headache from trying out some of the XS size (not just AGV but I tried all the models and made a list of what size fits me). I tried them out for at least 5 mins. The K6 XS was a skull crusher lol. In comparison to AGV, Joe Rocket, Scorpion 'S' were so comfy that I felt it's a bit loose.

Hi @kurtrules - today I was checking out K3sv and K6 at GP bikes. The K3sv XS would fit but not the K6 XS. Did you notice that you had to go one size up between these 2 helmets.

I have a splitting headache from trying out some of the XS size (not just AGV but I tried all the models and made a list of what size fits me). I tried them out for at least 5 mins. The K6 XS was a skull crusher lol. In comparison to AGV, Joe Rocket, Scorpion 'S' were so comfy that I felt it's a bit loose.

Hey @voyageur - No, I did not go a size up. I measured my head circumference and ordered the corresponding size. It fits tight - not too tight. Will loosen eventually.

It is meant to be a bit tight initially. But if you are getting a headache, then you are a size too small.

The helmets are different head shapes as i recall.

I have a k3sv and no fitment issues, i had to play around with sizing on my k6.

But well worth it, k6 is like wearing a cloud all day.

It's also nice to be able to get a design that isn't normally available to the Canadian/US market, or at least not yet.
Yes this also. It still wasn’t available here last week when I last checked.

Back
Top Bottom