Border crossing prob.From the other side | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Border crossing prob.From the other side

I'd bet my salary that he had a crusty attitude towards the agent from the get-go.. even from his posts you can tell he feels the world owes him something because he's sick.

Add to this the fact that he attempted to carry an illegal weapon with him into Canada, and then the small idiotic mistakes such as throwing his frickin keys at the border agent???? This guy is just an idiot, plain and simple. The story makes me happy.
I can tell you if any of us did any of those things on the US side, we would be spending he evening in jail.

That is hilarious! I guess hes not going to get any luck with finishing his bucket list!

I was asked was if I had ever been fingerprinted, to which I answered 'Yes'. I watched her perk up as if to say 'I got you now!'. She asked me 'For what?' My answer was 'For security clearance.' Several years ago I worked for a company designing military sonar systems and required high level security clearance. Now all the officer knows is that she has been harrasing someone who has or has had high level government security clearance. Oops! She stutters a bit hands back my passport and says 'Have a good trip sir...'

I have NEVER been troubled by Canadian customs any more than you could think reasonable EVER!

I have always wondered what shows up on the passport scan as it links to your SIN IIRC and there can be interesting links. Radiation exposure if you ever worked in a nuke plant or as mentioned cleared into a security situation. I was OKed for a US embassy once but haven't done anything there recently.

The last time I crossed I dropped the bike at the booth. Thought the side stand was down but nope. I got through without a problem. She probably thought I was too dumb to be a terrorist.

Am I the only one here who got let back into Canada from the US once without ANY paperwork checked at all? LOL

Happened to me once or twice.. They were more interested in how much we spent on the other side of the border.. Zero questions about weapons, terrorists or aliens, but spending was the big ticket item :cool:
Now, we have been detained for interrogation when we went on business trips, but that's a rule, more of an exception.. When you take a pickup truck loaded with a generator, spools of wiring, electrodes, transmitters and receivers and you say you're going on business, that's bound to raise a few eyebrows. In every case, they'd ask us the same questions, we'd answer them and they'd send us on our way after 30-60min.
I was a recipient of a detailed luggage search and patdown at the Miami airport (and I was only connecting).. However, having been to a farming community (thus exposed to diesel fuel and fertilizer, as explained by the DHS supervisor who was doing the patdown), I did set off some bells and whistles from some monstrosity manufactured by GE. The supervisor was very professional, but his underling would lose a mental match against a turnip. While I was glad he was handling the case, after seeing the underling in action, I've avoided any unnecessary travel to/through/over the U.S. In any case after they've learned that I'm not a "terrorizer" (along with learning the layout of my genitalia), they let me get back to Canada.
At our airports, the only times I've been set aside was when I'd declare more booze or tobacco than I'm allowed to. They'd just scan my luggage and send me on my merry way.

I haven't gone over in over 10 year, the last two times I did the us border guard took everything out of my car and even told me he could tell that one of the panels was removed recently to fix the broken rear tail gate lock (which was faulty logic because you would expect that the lock would be fixed).

Coming back it's always been easy, usually waived through, only time they wanted to see anything in the car was when it was questionable if we had been over 48 hours (barely) and we'd been to the duty free. as soon as canada customs saw the receipt for gas from when we left (on the canadian side) we were good to go... which reminds me, next time i spend any time in the usa I'll have to buy somethign to get a receipt to prove crossing time.

On a side note it is funny that under 21 can not buy alcohol on the us side but can import it in to canada on the canadian side...

I'm brown as can be, and I've never had any issues crossing the border. Just did it 2 weeks ago when I went and came from Deal's Gap.

Simply say hi, how's it going? smile, and answer any questions they have. Never any trouble.

Am I the only person who's never been hassled by neither the American or Canadian border security?

Nope
Never an issue
Even when pulled in with 3 bikes in tow
Simple questions asked = Simple answers given and on our way

Hell
Last time I rode back from Miami I was asked where you coming from?
Miami
Any Cocaine?
NO!
Passport handed back and told to Have a nice day

Are you smuggling cigarettes or booze into the country sir? No. O.k. Have a nice day :).

Am I the only one here who got let back into Canada from the US once without ANY paperwork checked at all? LOL

Last year coming back from a trip, 1AM, Peace Bridge, no questions, no passport check, no nothing. Wife, me, 3 kids sleeping. Only thing he said: have a safe trip.

In Aug of '02 I crossed into MN from northern Ontario and then back again at the same crossing. Both times the agent just stuck his hand out of the window and waved us right through without even stopping. Barely had a chance to slow down.

I haven't gone over in over 10 year, the last two times I did the us border guard took everything out of my car and even told me he could tell that one of the panels was removed recently to fix the broken rear tail gate lock (which was faulty logic because you would expect that the lock would be fixed).

The only real problem (other then agents with just bad attitudes) that I have had crossing into the US was at Detroit. This guy started out with a bad attitude and it only got worse. I was very polite and answered all of his multiple repeating questions correctly and honestly. Secondary inspection. They pulled my car apart, sniffed by the dog, nothing found. Then they did the under car inspection. Noticed my newish fuel tank (6 weeks old) and wanted me to produce the receipt for it. Got offended when I told him that I don't normally carry all of my receipts with me. Finally let me through. That was 2 hours well spent. Prick must have tagged my plate because when I returned, I immediately got pulled for another search on the Canadian side. Although it was much quicker and less invasive and the CBP agents were apologizing for the inconveience the whole time.

Never had an issue with Canada customs. Always friendly, cheerful (for the most part) and reasonable. The American side... not so much. They seem to start with a negative tone and it never gets better.

I cross, usually at the Rainbow bridge, several times a year. I've never had a problem, knock on wood. Even went down with friend of my kids in the car, with no problems. Once US Customs asked my daughter's friend; 'are you being kidnapped?'. She laughed, said no, passports back, have a nice day. . . . Play nice, and they play nice back.

I cross all the time and never get a hassel on any side.(always cross at queenstone/lewiston)

last time I crossed at the rainbow bridge and had no issues with the us side but was hasseled prety bad by a very loud mouthed im in charge woman on our side.
if its the same chick I could see it.

Am I the only person who's never been hassled by neither the American or Canadian border security?

Nope. One US agent was a teeeeeny bit annoying, but I got past him without issue. However, I have an advantage, I've got a face that could never be guilty of anything ... :D

I cross quite often...

I'm always over-prepared to be stopped. Paperwork in hand, bags packed for easy search, helmet undone, everything ready....but no search...ever.

Can I request one?

once i got let through with a 50cc in the back, the only paperwork being a credit card receipt L O L
they did see it, took the vin down etc

Never had an issue at the boarder. Either side. Ladies were just as accommodating. That rant is classic.......

I'm having fun with this guy "Rider Steve" from Texas.I think my time till perma ban is coming on this board.All i need to do is make a comment about nascar and that should do it.Hehehehehe.

Once a US border guard asked me "Did you ever smoke weed?". Being a smart ***, I wanted to reply "Yes, in Netherlands." I bet I would have had an interesting story if I did that, however I was driving someone to Buffalo airport. I did not want her to loose her flight.

I'm having fun with this guy "Rider Steve" from Texas.I think my time till perma ban is coming on this board.All i need to do is make a comment about nascar and that should do it.Hehehehehe.

You could also talk about:

- Gun control
- Removing Christianity as the major religion in America
- Criticize American wars as being illegal

Back
Top Bottom