Best sport touring bikes for long distance | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best sport touring bikes for long distance

The Aprilia V4 gets terrible mileage (see also: Multistrada V4), so you'd need a 30 litre tank to compensate.

Keeping things somewhat on topic, have you tried the XR? I know you've got a thing about i4's, but I personally think you've been on the wrong ones. My ZX-14 and ZX-10R had faults, but a lack of character wasn't an issue with either bike (for very different reasons, though). Nobody says that about the XR, either, with most complaints centering on its revviness and general angry quality. The above test specifically rates the Versys because it's smooth and predictable, while the BMW is much more raw. It's got all the gadgets, all the power, all the handling, good wind protection, legroom for taller riders, Euro brand cachet, can munch miles, can do twisties.

Just a thought, anyway...
He knows where to find one when he wants a test ride ?

Ok, were almost at 20 pages - time to pull the trigger!

Ok, were almost at 20 pages - time to pull the trigger!

He said end of season.
Expect this thread to grow to 200 pages. :ROFLMAO:
If @shanekingsley got a $1 from each posting member, for every post they make in this thread, Shane would only need to save for half of the purchase price and get the bike mid season.

Last edited:
He said end of season.
Expect this thread to grow to 200 pages. :ROFLMAO:
If @shanekingsley got a $1 from each posting member, for every post they make in this thread, Shane would only need to save for half of the purchase price and get it bike mid season.
Donate to Evo jar, i like it. Can i steal your idea if i cut you in? 10%?

Donate to Evo jar, i like it. Can i steal your idea if i cut you in? 10%?
Sounds like a plan.
That's 10% closer to "what bike should I get next"?
e-transfer is fine. ;)

Sounds like a plan.
That's 10% closer to "what bike should I get next"?
e-transfer is fine. ;)
sorry cash only, can't leave paper trail for the tax man.

how you explain it is your business. :geek:

sorry cash only, can't leave paper trail for the tax man.

how you explain it is your business. :geek:
I never said no to cash. I'll take it

Wait i know, you and @mimico_polak buy that baller ass Perogie food truck in Burks Falls. :love:
Sounds like its time to plan a trip to Burks Falls.
Who is up for some Pierogi <----- without the "e"?

Is this the one?
1620185470181.png

Last edited:
Sounds like its time to plan a trip to Burks Falls.
Who is up for some Pierogi <----- without the "e"?

Is this the one?
View attachment 48555
whoops, my bad on the spelling.

Hmm yeah, could be. ill go poke the guy i went with.

Get Shane's email, we can all sent him a $1, GTA-FUNDME style!

Get Shane's email, we can all sent him a $1, GTA-FUNDME style!

Will that be enough to get a Shane's Bike Supporter tag under our avatar?

1620187918523.png

for real?
lol
The weather's been shite but sounds tempting
I'm up for it if the time and weather is right.

How about we get a member with each one of the bikes that were suggested. Shane gets 75-100km on each bike.
By the end of the ride he needs to pick one.
If he still hasn't decided he sticks with his VStrom and we buy him a 21 speed with the money raised in the above mentioned fund.

I’m in! Pending weather lol. Cold as hell recently.

@Evoex how are the burger nights going?
about 4 of us from my baller RR group have been hitting a place every week, but the 'event' is on hold pending social gathering restrictions being lifted.

new schedule coming too!

I do! But I've moved on from the SDGT - it's just a bit too compact for longer rides that I do and the cases are too small. I did see one of the 1290 SA's in person the other day and it fits me very well. The heat issue is the only thing keeping me from it, since I do ride in traffic a fair bit. Can't get past the looks of the older S1000XR, so it's out.

I don’t find an issue with heat but I don’t have the traffic you guys have. There are some aftermarket covers you can get for that area of the bike that help but there are reports that they might overheat the rear shock reservoir by not allowing air to circulate as well.

You said you wanted this for long distance. Did you check the range on the bikes you’re looking at? It’s one of the main reasons I got my SA (with the big white tank!), the only competitor in the class was the big BMW.

I don’t find an issue with heat but I don’t have the traffic you guys have. There are some aftermarket covers you can get for that area of the bike that help but there are reports that they might overheat the rear shock reservoir by not allowing air to circulate as well.

You said you wanted this for long distance. Did you check the range on the bikes you’re looking at? It’s one of the main reasons I got my SA (with the big white tank!), the only competitor in the class was the big BMW.
I want 300km range and from what I've read all the ones I'm looking at will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom