Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

Yo Yo Yo! Whadupp?
For a while this year, the 10 to 14 year old crowd thought it was hilarious to scream penis at the top of their lungs every few seconds while on the lift. When one of their compatriots heard it, they would return the call. Thankfully that only lasted a few weeks. Not sure who shut it down but thank god it's over. Wankers.

For a while this year, the 10 to 14 year old crowd thought it was hilarious to scream penis at the top of their lungs every few seconds while on the lift. When one of their compatriots heard it, they would return the call. Thankfully that only lasted a few weeks. Not sure who shut it down but thank god it's over. Wankers.

In Ontario, there'd be these punk kids on the chairs looking down at skiers and boarders. If it looked like there was a novice coming down the slopes and they looked wobbly, they'd yell down at them, "FALL! FALL! FALL!"

I wanted to punch them in the head.

But I was too busy getting myself up from the snow...

I have a dozen or so with snowblowers, but not all of them will offer. Will possibly get one next year, if we can find the room for it in the garage.

There's also one with a pick up truck, that tows people back to their driveways, when the plows don't come, and people get stuck.

It's a happy little neighborhood.

I was referring to the lit xmas lights.

In Ontario, there'd be these punk kids on the chairs looking down at skiers and boarders. If it looked like there was a novice coming down the slopes and they looked wobbly, they'd yell down at them, "FALL! FALL! FALL!"

I wanted to punch them in the head.

But I was too busy getting myself up from the snow...
So you are saying it worked! (y)

Did you just describe every snowboarder.....
Many of the snowbunnies have switched to boards. No baggy pants for most of them.

As for the music, I laugh my ass off at the few with backpacks containing a bluetooth speaker. They need to spin the backpack around to the friend every time they get on a lift and I sure as hell would not want to fall on the speaker as it will wreck you.

I worked at Glen Eden as a teenager , there was always some dick that would lug a 40lb boombox the the top of the hill and blast Van Halens "might as well jump" nearly every Saturday night. Got old quickly.

It was when snowboards were actually banned in Ontario at slopes . And yes the skiis were wooden.

I worked at Glen Eden as a teenager , there was always some dick that would lug a 40lb boombox the the top of the hill and blast Van Halens "might as well jump" nearly every Saturday night. Got old quickly.

It was when snowboards were actually banned in Ontario at slopes . And yes the skiis were wooden.
Learned how to snowboard at Glen Eden. Good times. Shorter lineups than Blue, but obviously much smaller. Perfect for beginners and kids. Especially the separate small hill beside the parking lot.

Back on track...snow bad. I want an ATV with a blade! Neighbour that helped me out told me he did a few runs on the main street and actually plowed the sidewalk for people.

A few other neighbourhood kids were ripping up and down with their ATVs and offering to shovel people's driveways and sidewalks. I think that's a good thing. May not be totally legal, but the ATVs had blue plates...so that counts right?

I was referring to the lit xmas lights.
Literally hundreds here. I think one of the neighbors has his in the Home Alone style this year. I know he did Christmas Vacation a year or so ago.

I aim for 7:00 to 20:00 but most people are understanding (especially with such a large dump). You've got to clear before you can get to work. If I have to do it before 7, I often clear one path for the car and a few feet at the bottom to make space for the plow windrow and will deal with the rest later. The commercial driveway clearing in our neighbourhood is tractors with snowblowers. They run 24 hours a day. Many people complain about the noise and flashing lights. The people that pay for the service love it as they can leave at any time.

I was watching someone with a battery powered blower yesterday. Damn was it ever quiet. With the fresh powder in between you could barely hear it across the street. Not excessively powerful but I would have no issue with them using it at 3am if they wanted to.

My 120 plug in is quiet and yesterday with it completely buried in snow, just the tip of the chute above the snow you could barely hear it. My driveway is short enough that a 50 foot cord does the job.

Winterizing is easy. I put the blower away and coil the cord slowly letting the electrons drip out the end so I don't have stale electrons next year.

To be honest, I tried a Ryobi 40 V last year and I think it had more power than the plug in. Unfortunately Ryobi totally unbelievably screwed up on the handle and switches. They have redesigned them and this years model seems a ton better.

My problem was that the snow plow left a windrow about four feet wide and three deep. Once I manually shoved through it I was able to knock it down to a level the 120 volter would handle.

Parked cars are a problem. A plow can't get closer than eight feet to the driveway but leaves a pile of snow. That wasn't a issue this time.

My X5 with blizzaks is laughing at these conditions, but the peasants in their Mazda 3s aren’t doing so well…
Hey, that hurts...I drive a Mazda 3 :p

No problems here, it was fun pulling out (slowly but still made it) of my driveway and down the street yesterday while 3 SUVS on my street were stuck trying to get out of their driveways. Good snow tires, manual transmission, and a general disregard for the conditions helped.

I aim for 7:00 to 20:00 but most people are understanding (especially with such a large dump). You've got to clear before you can get to work. If I have to do it before 7, I often clear one path for the car and a few feet at the bottom to make space for the plow windrow and will deal with the rest later. The commercial driveway clearing in our neighbourhood is tractors with snowblowers. They run 24 hours a day. Many people complain about the noise and flashing lights. The people that pay for the service love it as they can leave at any time.
Consider the civil servant taking that complaint:

" OK sir, you have a complaint about snow blower noise?

I am handling three lines because most of the complaint department staff can't make it in. One is on a bus sideways in a valley blocking four lanes of traffic that includes ambulances taking snow shoveling heart attack victims to hospitals over crowded by Covid 19 anti vaxxers. The over worked nurses can't make it home and their replacements can't make it in.

Have you considered talking to the neighbour after making him bacon and eggs and a hot coffee?"

My problem was that the snow plow left a windrow about four feet wide and three deep. Once I manually shoved through it I was able to knock it down to a level the 120 volter would handle.

I have a Snow Joe plug-in single stage. I just kept running it along the edge of the snow bank, and when the snow was higher than the blower, it would eventually fall and I'd just have to go over it again. Was easier than doing it with a shovel.

My biggest problem was the powdery snow and wind. I had to keep the chute pointed downwind, which meant sending everything to my neighbor's yard and driveway. Then I had to do half their U-shaped driveway as penance. Are two-stage throwers any better in this regard?

I have a Snow Joe plug-in single stage. I just kept running it along the edge of the snow bank, and when the snow was higher than the blower, it would eventually fall and I'd just have to go over it again. Was easier than doing it with a shovel.

My biggest problem was the powdery snow and wind. I had to keep the chute pointed downwind, which meant sending everything to my neighbor's yard and driveway. Then I had to do half their U-shaped driveway as penance. Are two-stage throwers any better in this regard?
Yes. Two stage snow blowers can throw snow much further. They also feed more snow into the 2nd stage which helps to compress it into a tighter stream with less blowback. A single stage with light snow that isnt deep basically throws it into the air to fall again.

Literally hundreds here. I think one of the neighbors has his in the Home Alone style this year. I know he did Christmas Vacation a year or so ago.

We’re in the backside of January and well into Peloton and Noom commercials season. If you’re going to leave your xmas lights up, at least leave the damn things off.

We’re in the backside of January and well into Peloton and Noom commercials season. If you’re going to leave your xmas lights up, at least leave the damn things off.
Crazy cat lady across the road leaves her lights up and on till late March every year. Saw her in her driveway last nite very late taking selfies with her lites in the background i assume. She wears a bunch of coloured runners safety lights on her late nite walks. Lol

Back
Top Bottom