Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

F19A26C7-F2B1-45ED-9CA1-0A05260F93CD.jpeg

This is our Neighbourhood. The only set of tire tracks are from a bro-dozer pickup that went down the street at around 2pm when we were shoveling. And he was bottoming out even.

I’m glad I parked at the nearby school as even if I had got home, when the plow goes by, well, this is going to be a gong show and the driveway is going to take hours to shovel out.

I measured the snow in several places tonight while out for a stroll to make sure I’d locked my car, basically about 19 inches + or - a few.

canadian-tired.jpg

The cable tensioner on the cable from the hand controls tensions the belt right? Don’t really want to flip this thing up and play with the innards if I don’t have to. Worked ok today just didn’t drive well into the thicker stuff…I needed to get some momentum up and throw it into the drifts.
While it's running forward, reach down and pull on the drive cable just a little. If it pulls better, just adjust the cable a little tighter.

20220117_205717.jpg

There are 2 buses stuck on our street since 6am. One of them is clearly blocking the only street entrance.

Thinking I should maybe have gotten the driveway plow service this year.
sQOsrXSl.jpg

I'm ****** I'm up North right now - we got zero snow. I worked this weekend so I said eff it, I'm taking the rest of the week off and driving back down to Courtice tomorrow to try and have some fun in the snow before it disappears.

Gotta try and clear some of these 3ft snow banks left by the plows that PP showed in his post. I've got the winch if I get stuck,

gACH8a5.jpg

Subaru outback with Nokian Hakkapeliitas' on it. Rolled out a 6 am, turned off the traction control and floored it. Loved it.

After work...... played it safe because of all the 'non-snow drivers'

The best snow car I ever had was my '93 standard civic hatchback with old school Hakka's on it... that thing threw roostertails in the snow. Drive the thing with the hand brake and fly... I loved it when it snowed.

Markham to newmarket at 7AM - 1.5 hrs. Newmarket to Markham 2PM - 40 minutes.

Getting the last 200' down my unplowed street - 1 hr.

View attachment 52972

View attachment 52973

This is pretty close to what my street and driveway looked like this morning. No snow plow until the afternoon. Our FWD Jetta with new X-Ice tires got stuck as soon as we hit the street, and our neighbors had to help push us back. Our friend a couple blocks away with a Subaru had the same problem - stuck at the end of her driveway. Our MDX with the same tires was able to eventually get through, but even it got stuck a few times going forward and had to reverse and retry. I think the issue was the snow was so powdery and dry that the tires were just floating on it instead of packing it down.

This is pretty close to what my street and driveway looked like this morning. No snow plow until the afternoon. Our FWD Jetta with new X-Ice tires got stuck as soon as we hit the street, and our neighbors had to help push us back. Our friend a couple blocks away with a Subaru had the same problem - stuck at the end of her driveway. Our MDX with the same tires was able to eventually get through, but even it got stuck a few times going forward and had to reverse and retry. I think the issue was the snow was so powdery and dry that the tires were just floating on it instead of packing it down.
Did you disable 'traction control'?
It kills drivability in bad conditions like today.

Yeah, skiing/boarding pow is a much different technique than doing groomers.

Our first time we spent more time flailing around in waist-deep snow trying to get back onto our boards than actual boarding.

But now, pow days are the only thing we look forward to.

Okanagan Champagne Powder FTW!
Being an Eastern skier I don't have too much experience with powder days, so I had to go over to Hockley and give it another try. No cost to me (employee) so why not. By the end of the afternoon I was looking for untracked powder. Man I had fun!

Back
Top Bottom