BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

Yep, rear is generally easier IME. Sometimes the front has a speed sensor to be careful with but shouldn’t be too crazy just more caution needed.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Thanks for the advice. Ive watched a few videos and have a service manual but haven’t had time to look at it yet. Will make sure to take my time. I know there is removal of a speed sensor and recommended calliper removal at least. I have a SV650 so there’s loads of material out there on how to work on it

Thanks for the advice. Ive watched a few videos and have a service manual but haven’t had time to look at it yet. Will make sure to take my time. I know there is removal of a speed sensor and recommended calliper removal at least. I have a SV650 so there’s loads of material out there on how to work on it
Caliper removal? Really? That's annoying. To avoid making a mistake that costs you a lot of hassle, when the brakes don't have discs in them, insert something to keep the pads apart. Steel, aluminum, wood, whatever. Something solid and about the thickness of the discs. That way if someone grabs the brakes the pistons don't pop out.

Sv650 does have a speed sensor on the front so you need to be careful when putting the front wheel back in. It’s nothing too crazy you just can’t be jamming things around too much.

Thankfully as you mentioned there is a lot of info out there on the interwebs. Check out svrider.com if you haven’t already.

It’s a great bike. What year do you have and send pics.

Caliper removal? Really? That's annoying. To avoid making a mistake that costs you a lot of hassle, when the brakes don't have discs in them, insert something to keep the pads apart. Steel, aluminum, wood, whatever. Something solid and about the thickness of the discs. That way if someone grabs the brakes the pistons don't pop out.
I always put a running shoe between the grip and lever.

If that Sv650 is as easy as the VStrom, it’s very easy to remove and remount he front wheel. I find that the rear is slightly more time consuming to remount. These are much easier to swap with a lift.

And no Ted for me. He’s the only tool that will never touch my my bikes again.

So I just had an experience with Ted and found this thread while looking to see if I was alone. Here’s the story.
I needed a new mechanic for tire changes, called around, and found Ted to be the closest and cheapest, $60 with the rim on the bike!
I rode over in the evening and had my brother bring my tire in his car. Ted looked at my bike, talked about how bad it was, propositioned my sister and then me when I said thankfully I don’t have a sister. It was a weird start but some people are like that…I guess.
I stood around for 30 mins while he worked on another bike’s tires. During this time he had me unbox and unwrap my tire. Then he randomly stopped his work and came over to my bike. Looked at my chain and said it needs lube and if you give me $100 I’ll lube your chain and do the front tire. I said I can clean and lube it when I get home and he said ok get the **** out of here I’m not doing anything. I’m thinking it’s a joke and he walks away to finish the tires he was originally working on. So I’m standing there with about 4 other people. I mention that I’m confused, this is my first time here. They tell me that’s how he is but if he said he’s not doing it then he won’t. So I go to Ted and say so you’re not going to do my front tire? He says not unless you do your chain. I told him that’s not what we talked about on the phone and he starts swearing at me a whole bunch and telling me to F off. Also added were some insults about me and my bike.
I’m still confused by this. He tried to swindle me right? How unsafe is a chain not properly lubed? I try every 750km and it was due if that means anything.
I’m trying to figure out if he was worried about my safety. It doesn’t make sense for him to say pay or leave if that’s the case though, right? I’ll be looking over my chain this weekend regardless.
Also, can someone recommend anywhere I can get a tire on the bike replaced for $80? My riding buddies and I used to pay $80 for someone in a garage but the person moved.

He has some kind a lube chain like crazy philosophy. I sold a CB500X once, seller said they will safety it themselves, I said cool. Next day seller calls and says they can't, due to no trailer. I said I'll do it and charge what it costs. Call Ted, says $80, I call seller and say $80...Seller says he called Ted, and ted told him $60, and I was screwing him. I'm like, first of all, I'm taking the time, second, that's what I was told. Called Ted, told him, he said fine, $60... lol. Seller ended up giving me $100 I think and apologized.

Now when ted saftied the CBX, he said the chain didn't have enough lube. I use Maxima Gold and put some the week of, so imo, it was good. He went on to go gung ho on the chain with lube, and said it's supposed to be gooped and swimming in lube. He also told me to never clean it, and keep adding lube on top. I saw a few bikes he had in the shop, gunked in oily chains. I didn't say anything, it wasn't my bike anymore, paid and left.

I try to avoid him, though if he is the only quick option, I just follow his mercy.

Sv650 does have a speed sensor on the front so you need to be careful when putting the front wheel back in. It’s nothing too crazy you just can’t be jamming things around too much.

Thankfully as you mentioned there is a lot of info out there on the interwebs. Check out svrider.com if you haven’t already.

It’s a great bike. What year do you have and send pics.

Yup, SVrider has helped with almost all my projects so far lol. It’s a 2005. Just put lower fairings on it actually. Still have to figure out what I’m doing for the slider holes. I’m trying to avoid the $150 lower fairing slider mount and thinking of how to to make it work / plug them.

Do you have a SV too? Guessing from the name

Last edited:
He has some kind a lube chain like crazy philosophy. I sold a CB500X once, seller said they will safety it themselves, I said cool. Next day seller calls and says they can't, due to no trailer. I said I'll do it and charge what it costs. Call Ted, says $80, I call seller and say $80...Seller says he called Ted, and ted told him $60, and I was screwing him. I'm like, first of all, I'm taking the time, second, that's what I was told. Called Ted, told him, he said fine, $60... lol. Seller ended up giving me $100 I think and apologized.

Now when ted saftied the CBX, he said the chain didn't have enough lube. I use Maxima Gold and put some the week of, so imo, it was good. He went on to go gung ho on the chain with lube, and said it's supposed to be gooped and swimming in lube. He also told me to never clean it, and keep adding lube on top. I saw a few bikes he had in the shop, gunked in oily chains. I didn't say anything, it wasn't my bike anymore, paid and left.

I try to avoid him, though if he is the only quick option, I just follow his mercy.

I think his prices are based on what he thinks he can get lol.
Interesting philosophy on chain maintenance too..glad I didn’t take his offer to fix mine

That reminds me, I should lube my chain. Does anyone have an eyedropper or a bucket I can borrow? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
That reminds me, I should lube my chain. Does anyone have an eyedropper or a bucket I can borrow? ;)
Just disconnect the master link, bathe in kerosene, then put in a bucket of oil over a low temperature fire for a while. Remove after it has cooled and reinstall. Good for at least 100 km afterwards.

Last edited:
This is what I use

Castrol Chainlube Grease, 250-g​

Great guy, never had an issue. Definitely a character. Not sure what bike brand he does like, definitely not jap. He talks **** about every bike it seems.

I needed a new mechanic for tire changes, called around, and found Ted to be the closest and cheapest, $60 with the rim on the bike!

Looked at my chain and said it needs lube and if you give me $100 I’ll lube your chain and do the front tire.

So, Ted was offering to lube the chain for forty bucks??

I'd sure like to hear the other side of the story.

Yup, SVrider has helped with almost all my projects so far lol. It’s a 2005. Just put lower fairings on it actually. Still have to figure out what I’m doing for the slider holes. I’m trying to avoid the $150 lower fairing slider mount and thinking of how to to make it work / plug them.

Do you have a SV too? Guessing from the name

Very nice.

I had a first gen until recently. Essentially the same colour. Loved that bike. It was in amazing condition and never let me down. Plenty of power for the street and lots of fun.

Yours looks beautiful, take care of her and she will take care of you.

Great guy, never had an issue. Definitely a character. Not sure what bike brand he does like, definitely not jap. He talks **** about every bike it seems.

He usually makes a complimentary comment whenever he sees a Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom