BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

You guys DO know that Ted is NOT a good motorcycle mechanic. In some ways Ted is the epitome of a BAD motorcycle mechanic.
I know two people that Ted apprenticed with, both wouldn't like that knowledge to get out, as it would affect their reputations, not in a good way.
If you're looking a dodgy vehicle inspection: Ted's your guy.
If you're looking for quality repairs, a decent price and integrity: look somewhere else.

I wouldn't take MY bike to Ted for an oil change.

If you like getting yelled at: Stevie Lewis recently opened a shop at 1730 Dundas E, Miss.
Stevie is good at yelling at customers. When he yells at you, you're YELLED at. He could make you cry.
Quality repairs AND quality yelling

Not to make fun of anyone here, but I can't imagine pulling up to Rosey Toes in an R1 of any vintage, taking a look at the facade, the bikes lined up outside and the staff working inside, and deciding "yep, this is the right place for my baby". The whole place is straight out of a Coen Brothers movie, if the Coen Brothers ever did a flick about sketchy Ontarian greasemonkeys. I went there three times and struggled to keep a straight face every minute of every visit.

I don't mind them for quick tire changes. That's about it. $20 a tire, boom.
Meh, my wife's rims are deeply scratched and she was ****** at me.
Then again, it was only 40 bucks.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I've used Ted for carry in tire changes about 4 or 5 times over the years. He does a good job of that IMO. No issues.

Other than tires or a quickie worthless "safety" I'd never use him for anything else unless I was riding a junker and didn't care about the quality of the work done.

Does anyone here believe Ted cares about what we think ?
Probably not. The bottom line is.... there will always be enough people for him that want "cheap".

Not to make fun of anyone here, but I can't imagine pulling up to Rosey Toes in an R1 of any vintage, taking a look at the facade, the bikes lined up outside and the staff working inside, and deciding "yep, this is the right place for my baby".
I guess different people have different risk tolerance. My brother in law that lives in Asia has a brand new MB S500. Last time i visited him he took me on a ride when he dropped it off at a "shop" for a set of aftermarket shocks. I said "shop" because the shop is the size of a sled and all the cars being serviced were parked on the side of the roads. There were kids jacking up the cars and air hoses and tools lying all over the sidewalk.

If i have a 100k+ car i am not sure i would have the gut to bring my car there, but according to my BIL the shop is "highly recommended". :p

I guess different people have different risk tolerance. My brother in law that lives in Asia has a brand new MB S500. Last time i visited him he took me on a ride when he dropped it off at a "shop" for a set of aftermarket shocks. I said "shop" because the shop is the size of a sled and all the cars being serviced were parked on the side of the roads. There were kids jacking up the cars and air hoses and tools lying all over the sidewalk.

If i have a 100k+ car i am not sure i would have the gut to bring my car there, but according to my BIL the shop is "highly recommended". :p
Things are different in Asia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 71764DF2-4A82-4207-BD89-C4901BE77E01.jpeg

You guys DO know that Ted is NOT a good motorcycle mechanic. In some ways Ted is the epitome of a BAD motorcycle mechanic.
I know two people that Ted apprenticed with, both wouldn't like that knowledge to get out, as it would affect their reputations, not in a good way.
If you're looking a dodgy vehicle inspection: Ted's your guy.
If you're looking for quality repairs, a decent price and integrity: look somewhere else.

I wouldn't take MY bike to Ted for an oil change.

If you like getting yelled at: Stevie Lewis recently opened a shop at 1730 Dundas E, Miss.
Stevie is good at yelling at customers. When he yells at you, you're YELLED at. He could make you cry.
Quality repairs AND quality yelling
What’s the name of said shop? Near me and I may need some work done soon.

So I just had an experience with Ted and found this thread while looking to see if I was alone. Here’s the story.
I needed a new mechanic for tire changes, called around, and found Ted to be the closest and cheapest, $60 with the rim on the bike!
I rode over in the evening and had my brother bring my tire in his car. Ted looked at my bike, talked about how bad it was, propositioned my sister and then me when I said thankfully I don’t have a sister. It was a weird start but some people are like that…I guess.
I stood around for 30 mins while he worked on another bike’s tires. During this time he had me unbox and unwrap my tire. Then he randomly stopped his work and came over to my bike. Looked at my chain and said it needs lube and if you give me $100 I’ll lube your chain and do the front tire. I said I can clean and lube it when I get home and he said ok get the **** out of here I’m not doing anything. I’m thinking it’s a joke and he walks away to finish the tires he was originally working on. So I’m standing there with about 4 other people. I mention that I’m confused, this is my first time here. They tell me that’s how he is but if he said he’s not doing it then he won’t. So I go to Ted and say so you’re not going to do my front tire? He says not unless you do your chain. I told him that’s not what we talked about on the phone and he starts swearing at me a whole bunch and telling me to F off. Also added were some insults about me and my bike.
I’m still confused by this. He tried to swindle me right? How unsafe is a chain not properly lubed? I try every 750km and it was due if that means anything.
I’m trying to figure out if he was worried about my safety. It doesn’t make sense for him to say pay or leave if that’s the case though, right? I’ll be looking over my chain this weekend regardless.
Also, can someone recommend anywhere I can get a tire on the bike replaced for $80? My riding buddies and I used to pay $80 for someone in a garage but the person moved.

Last edited:
Agreed. Easy option if you want cheap service is to take the wheel off the bike and he can’t judge anything else

I’ve never used his business so no skin in the game

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
I keep hearing this, seems like the best option. I’ve been weary because I haven’t ever removed a wheel myself..doesn’t hurt to learn though. I’ll give it a go on the weekend.

So I just had an experience with Ted and found this thread while looking to see if I was alone. Here’s the story.
I needed a new mechanic for tire changes, called around, and found Ted to be the closest and cheapest, $60 with the rim on the bike!
I rode over in the evening and had my brother bring my tire in his car. Ted looked at my bike, talked about how bad it was, propositioned my sister and then me when I said thankfully I don’t have a sister. It was a weird start but some people are like that…I guess.
I stood around for 30 mins while he worked on another bike’s tires. During this time he had me unbox and unwrap my tire. Then he randomly stopped his work and came over to my bike. Looked at my chain and said it needs lube and if you give me $100 I’ll lube your chain and do the front tire. I said I can clean and lube it when I get home and he said ok get the **** out of here I’m not doing anything. I’m thinking it’s a joke and he walks away to finish the tires he was originally working on. So I’m standing there with about 4 other people. I mention that I’m confused, this is my first time here. They tell me that’s how he is but if he said he’s not doing it then he won’t. So I go to Ted and say so you’re not going to do my front tire? He says not unless you do your chain. I told him that’s not what we talked about on the phone and he starts swearing at me a whole bunch and telling me to F off. Also added were some insults about me and my bike.
I’m still confused by this. He tried to swindle me right? How unsafe is a chain not properly lubed? I try every 750km and it was due if that means anything.
I’m trying to figure out if he was worried about my safety. It doesn’t make sense for him to say pay or leave if that’s the case though, right? I’ll be looking over my chain this weekend regardless.
Also, can someone recommend anywhere I can get a tire on the bike replaced for $80? My riding buddies and I used to pay $80 for someone in a garage but the person moved.
5714f3f314a3c8ce1795a858033729baa1-06-soup-nazi.rsquare.w330.jpg

I keep hearing this, seems like the best option. I’ve been weary because I haven’t ever removed a wheel myself..doesn’t hurt to learn though. I’ll give it a go on the weekend.
do you have the owners manual, or even better, a shop manual ? R & R the front wheel is a job that has to be done properly. worth a study..

next thing you know, you'll own a pair of tire irons too. done w some cash in the swear jar.

Back
Top Bottom