Avoiding fortnine now | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Avoiding fortnine now

I spooned a set of new tires onto my bike last night in the garage.
Seems 100X more labour intensive than the last time (2013).
It's done. Me too.
Price difference was less than a buck.....F9 & petes. I used petes.
I don’t know how you guys do that. I did it once - never again.

I.............. as Pete's has usually made you do a stock request to get true pricing. Maybe the gloves are coming off with the manufacturers now?............
I don't know how this works. We seem to have a lot of middlemen in the Canadian motorcycle industry and they take their cut and dictate policies. I think a lot of dealers are unhappy with Pete's pricing and have put pressure on distributors and manufacturers to mask pricing because you don't see this on other sites.

I've ordered from Pete's at 2PM and had tires on my doorstep at 10 AM next day. Fortnine, 2 days. No issue with Fortnine on other products.

I spooned a set of new tires onto my bike last night in the garage.
Seems 100X more labour intensive than the last time (2013).
It's done. Me too.
Price difference was less than a buck.....F9 & petes. I used petes.
Tires are getting stiffer and harder to mount than in the past.

Nope. I wouldn’t have anyway if that was the case. They just shipped the screw type master link. And I’ll keep using the clip style.
Same with mine. Also have a spare set of fork bleeders because they were stated to fit my KTM and they did not so Fortnine contacted the manufacturer who had said they made a mistake in labelling. Fortnine sent me the correct ones and said just keep the other bleeders. Same happened on a chain and they just sent me the new master and I have the clip style one now as a spare.

I've always found Pete's to be the cheapest before shipping (for sport tires). My last quote was $24 to ship one tire, but only about $2 for each additional tire on the same shipment. Order 2 or more pairs with a friend and it works out to less than $8 per tire.

Back
Top Bottom