Anyone know reputable pool installers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone know reputable pool installers

DownUnder

With the whole lockdown thing the Missus has decided she wants a pool. I've narrowed it down to a fiberglass one and have a couple appointments to see some installers about it, however looking at Google reviews even the bigger installers get some pretty damning reviews.

Pool won't go in this year as everyone we've call is backlogged till at least next spring.

Anyone here a pool guy or know of trustworthy pool installers that back their product?

My sister is getting a pool designer coming to her house soon and I’ll ask if they have any pool installers recommended on their list.

Our house came with a fibreglass pool. Definitely some plusses and minuses. Installed by a company that has done only fibreglass pools for decades. Tapping on certain places like steps shows that they are unsupported from below (no idea whether they were never supported or if proper compaction was not done). No floor drains in fibreglass pools which is not ideal (water drops below skimmer or it gets plugged and pump burns up, need one jet aimed down into the deep end and decent pump speed to mix the water, etc). Ours has steps at both ends and no ladders. Not a bad approach but if I was buying one, I'd get one with the steps in the corners allowing you to actually swim up the center without dealing with steps at each end. Also, I'd get a rectangle. The bent sides look nice but make covers more expensive and more annoying.

EDIT:
It may be impossible but try to find someone that will do the install properly. Most pool companies screw up all the details. You want 2" pipe, sweep elbows, proper distance from last elbow to pump, check valve between chlorinator and heater, everything bonded, etc. Every pool I have ever seen screwed up all of those. Mine was typical with 1.5" pipe, street elbows, poor routing with unnecessary elbows, elbow right at the nose of the pump, bonding wires on equipment thrown behind heater but not connected together, no check valve protecting heater, etc. Pump died last year so I put in a variable speed pump (highly recommended) and threw out all of the piping on the equipment pad and redid it properly. I am stuck with 1.5" supply/return to pool.

Last edited:
A guy I grew up with was a pool builder for some really high-end jobs, but he has moved back to maintenance only for better work life balance. He might know someone who he trusts and would recommend.

Also I know someone getting a pool installed right now (in Georgetown) and they have an east end crew who could do the work. He will let me know once his job is complete if he would recommend them - probably in 10 days or so. So far he's been really happy with them and their work crews.

Last edited:
Haha, the upside and downside to a fibreglass pool is you need a crane. Fast but you need some help.
I have a dolly and a couple mates, we should be good... 😀

I have a few friends with concrete liner pools and they have all had to replace the liners and had leaks over the years.

The pool guys seem to charge a LOT for what will end up very little landscaping, may get someone else to do that part.

Why not just get a temporary pop up one for now to see if you're going to like and use it?...that's what my ex and I did, we found out we didn't use it as much as we thought we would, so ended up selling it for almost as much as we paid for it...

I have a dolly and a couple mates, we should be good... 😀

I have a few friends with concrete liner pools and they have all had to replace the liners and had leaks over the years.

The pool guys seem to charge a LOT for what will end up very little landscaping, may get someone else to do that part.
Again, we didn't design/spec our pool but something I like is the pool is slightly above grade. Ours is a few steps up in a patio but one step is probably sufficient. Neighbours with grade level pools get a lot of worms, frogs and leaves in their pool. We get no worms or frogs and less leaves. I think it is because we are elevated.

We have a onground pool at the same level as the house floor. If it was at ground level it would be full of animals etc. Bosco pools is good they are in Stratford.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

We have a onground pool at the same level as the house floor. If it was at ground level it would be full of animals etc. Bosco pools is good they are in Stratford.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Another story…

Some other neighbours in another house we lived in had a pool…a really nice one. One summer we had a bit of an ant problem with a big bag of dog food we kept in a cupboard so, my wife being very animal friendly said she didn’t want to just throw it out, she’ll let the wildlife have it. So a pile of dog food was placed at the end of the driveway nearest our garden. Fast forward a night or two and I’m outside watching a parade of skunks trot across our garden, stage in the shed, then meander ninjalike over to the pile of dog food for an all you can eat buffet. There were quite a few of them.

Fast forward another day or two and we chat to the neighbour who seems upset about something. Oops…he has a drowned skunk in his pool and the skunk did his skunky trick as he drowned.

”Oh no” says the wife, “that's terrible” she says…slinking away back inside the house.

Again, we didn't design/spec our pool but something I like is the pool is slightly above grade. Ours is a few steps up in a patio but one step is probably sufficient. Neighbours with grade level pools get a lot of worms, frogs and leaves in their pool. We get no worms or frogs and less leaves. I think it is because we are elevated.

I always wanted to put one of those electric catfish in someone’s pool. Drunk me thinks it would be very funny.

Back
Top Bottom