Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

CRC ended up sending me 700x43s. They fit like a glove.

Not I need a cassette, but I am considering going 11sp from 10. I want to keep my wheels and try to grind the cassette. Anyone have a garbage 11sp to experiment with?
59f9e6d67b2e43455d964f76ebb9877f.jpg

Is the shimano 10 speed derailleur compatibile with the 11 speed shifters? I'm reading very mixed info.

Is the shimano 10 speed derailleur compatibile with the 11 speed shifters? I'm reading very mixed info.

It will shift fine. Whether it will handle the cog spread is a different story.

Stupid spoiled unionville brat (25 yo) ran over and killed a 50 something year old cyclist and took off. Then she filed a false police report (not sure if this was to get insurance to cover the damage or try to hide that she was a murderous pig from her parents/SO).

Stupid spoiled unionville brat (25 yo) ran over and killed a 50 something year old cyclist and took off. Then she filed a false police report (not sure if this was to get insurance to cover the damage or try to hide that she was a murderous pig from her parents/SO).

well if anyone was looking for bad karma, she's kinda hogging it all this week

Just like when a motorcyclist is killed, I expect something like plead down to failure to yield, slap on the wrist is my prediction. Hopefully they stick the leaving the scene but I have my doubts.

Just like when a motorcyclist is killed, plead down to failure to yield, slap on the wrist is my prediction. Hopefully they stick the leaving the scene but I have my doubts.
These hit and runs are becoming more and more frequent. Courts need to substantially step up their game to try to convince people it's not worth it. A lifetime driving ban would be a great first step. A hit and run penalty needs to be at least an order of magnitude harsher than a penalty for staying.

In this case, we don't even know if she is at fault for the crash, I am just judging her on the horrific chain of events she guided afterwards.

My understanding is the lane designs in the area are confusing (stupid). They have white lines painted away from the curb/shoulder every so often to narrow the driving lanes as some sort of poor man's traffic calming. They look a bit like bike lanes but are not, and they come and go in width along the road.

Still no excuse assuming the cyclist did not unexpectedly swerve into the lane etc.

Criminal charges will forever be soft due to how the legal system works, but a lifetime ban is a great idea. Driving is a privilege. Hitting someone can be a mistake, but running is now a mistake. It's proof that the person is incapable of being behind the wheel.

Just like when a motorcyclist is killed, I expect something like plead down to failure to yield, slap on the wrist is my prediction. Hopefully they stick the leaving the scene but I have my doubts.
The sick part is she'll be punished the most for insurance fraud....fatal hit and run is so so....but don't try and screw your insurance company.

Close to home. My daughter works at a Unionville golf course with the victim's son-- very sad. The kid lives in a pretty posh part of Unionville, a 2 minute walk from where she hit the rider.

I don't think there is room for mercy in this one. Some long form of punishment and rehabilitation is necessary for the gal.

There is no excuse for leaving the scene of an accident. Ever. Man up, stop, and face the music.

Last edited:
Mystery "Tool". Anyone have any idea what this is????

I got a box miscellaneous cycling parts and tools many many moons ago. In the box was this red thing. Branded Specialized (so a good chance it is cycling related), I just have no idea what it is or what it is for. It works nice to grab old stubborn quick release "nuts" (ones that don't want to unthread easily as they have been together for decades....) when removing the skewer (spinning the lever side). But I really doubt that is the purpose... I have tried lots of searches, no matches. Not that important other than it is a mystery.

Could be part of something else that was not in the box, anyone recognize it? Plastic T-handle with three metal points inside.
Specialized Thing 1.jpgSpecialized Thing 2.jpg

yep 100% for the toe cleats on a mountain bike SPD shoe. They sell them as "toe studs". Most manufacturers have switched from the 3 slot pattern you have to a Hex base / over-sized phillips head sorta thing. Probably came with a shoe manufactured closer to 2010.

any opinion on Salsa bikes?

like this one?

Company is owned by QBP now. Pretty much the same as all the other bikes coming out of the Giant factory in Taiwan. They're decent bikes. Nothing glaringly wrong with it, nothing stands out.

FWIW, THIS is a Salsa. Hand built by Salsa founder Ross Shafer in Paradise, CA with the iconic Jelly Bean paint job.

50022327071_3e6047ff42_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom