Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 56 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

I have the older generation Park PCS 9, I got it at Browns when the new ones were coming out for $129 but it is a meh stand.

My Feedback one is way better but like everything else these days they cost way more now. It is better than the park in every way IMO.

One thing to consider is how easy and compact the stands fold up if you don't have a dedicated bike repair set-up. They can take up a lot of space. I have a dedicated set-up and the Park lives there as it does not fold away easily (the new vesrion looks a little better in this area). I use the Feedback in the good weather outside, as it is super easy to fold up and set-up.

I built one for gas pipes from Home Depot. It is heavy enough but comes apart. I think I spent $50 (pre COVID). The most expensive part was the clamp

Attachments

• IMG_4006.jpeg
    IMG_4006.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4007.jpeg
    IMG_4007.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4008.jpeg
    IMG_4008.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 9
I have the older generation Park PCS 9, I got it at Browns when the new ones were coming out for $129 but it is a meh stand.

My Feedback one is way better but like everything else these days they cost way more now. It is better than the park in every way IMO.

One thing to consider is how easy and compact the stands fold up if you don't have a dedicated bike repair set-up. They can take up a lot of space. I have a dedicated set-up and the Park lives there as it does not fold away easily (the new vesrion looks a little better in this area). I use the Feedback in the good weather outside, as it is super easy to fold up and set-up.

I've had my Ultimate for 27 years (Predates the Feedback and Wrench Force - w. the knob vs. handle crank on the clamp which I prefer). Years of being dragged to OCA races and Quebec road trips, it's more than paid for itself. Then again, the old boy always said "Spend the money on good tools. You only buy them once." There's that.

AIL4fc8vpRKdF9ZKdtdSPM6Gx3ybtVKicNDiIq5pbWs_6-2WrNeHwE0vpZkXzS9z0RQrjFEhiZvNoOtmTyC1f_QaeFZNT3hc0ahU-FL0iz-mkraYxQ6OCJVApqwCBXbevnYRgXcGJbhX7PSD4vz78ZfQ99oN=w695-h931-s-no

Found a vintage shot of it at the 24 Hrs. of Adrenaline. Red Mountain Cycle San Andreas would have been 1996.

AIL4fc9wSjwfvTF4-RFsVNhRp9YSYGWRYmZimn61wMUI4EeDIQaFH3Yeeu46ArFNGnEFjdJFYHSsQIFQDe47ng-JlHZYPjXD_1NGPu19Rdcg5RgAYrKEpc0TS-3bixL6V6QhAmbgn-cDV6QZCFLG70mcp9fO=w612-h420-s-no

Last edited:
I’ll check the tire sizes today. Def not slicks. Something…’urban’ I guess is the best word to use.

Anyone thoughts on this?

With my well used shoulders elbows and wrists i find that anything without some front suspension puts my hands to sleep and that takes a lot of the luster off longer rides.
If any of this applies to you i would recommend a full suspension MTB .
Its easier to enjoy the ride if you bike isn't beating the hell out of you.

Just because someone is doing something illegal, does not automatically put you in the clear.

he was in the wrong riding illegally, and unfortunately you (an insured rider) made contact (regardless of who’s at fault) with a vulnerable road user without insurance.

Consult a lawyer. Delete this post. Be prepared to lawyer up.

You won’t be paying anything, but your insurance will ask why this wasn’t reported in a timely manner.

I was on a bicycle. Not an insured rider as far as I know?

check with your homeowners policy.

I suggest your delete the posts that describe the incident.. It's a long shot but better safe than sorry.
On that note, I went back and cleaned up my quoted posts. Not sure if there is an easier way. I suspect either each user has to do it for their own posts or a mod could manually do all of them. Mods may not want to wholesale change posts as that adds complication to their lives.

Last edited:
Another e-scooter collision. I'm curious what the law says about these things hitting a car. Who pays? They're not insured or registered so the 'rider' can just shrug off and leave (in case he's not injured after hitting something).

I'm pretty sure they're legal in Mississauga, so there's that aspect that's not an issue.

Yup they are. Currently still in trial period from what I understand.

What’s a proper (or close) MTB frame size for a 5’6” lady? My wife needs something to ride alongside the kiddo and since it’ll see basic use we’re going used so it’ll just be me going to grab one.

What’s a proper (or close) MTB frame size for a 5’6” lady? My wife needs something to ride alongside the kiddo and since it’ll see basic use we’re going used so it’ll just be me going to grab one.
I expect a small to maybe a medium size frame will fit, depends on the person and the bike.... Best to try them out of course.

Used 26 inch tire mountain bikes can be had for cheap and may be a good solution based on usage. When buying used make sure that everything is in good shape. I rebuild and restore a lot of bikes.... The average cost over the years for parts only is $80. Things can add up quickly if they need replacement, tires, chain, cables, brake pads.... on really old bikes or ones that are tired.

Sizes /geometry vary wildly from one manufacturer to another.
So i'd definitely get her to try as much as possible.

Also if you're not going on trails, i'd suggest a hybrid bike; 99% of people don't need front suspension (even more don't need rear suspension) for the casual ride with kiddo. It's just another part that can break and needs to be maintained possibly and that adds weight to the bike.

Back
Top Bottom