Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

Hell of a day to ride in the wind. Indoors won’t give you that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referring to the service they needed. Fixing bikes. Regardless of the look. Unless you only accept good looking clients. :ROFLMAO:
What other services you offer as a package is up to you.

All kidding aside, lots of people offer these services from home on Kijiji and bike shops are actually permitted to be open as an essential (repair) service, although many I frequent for parts have chosen to close. There are also mobile services that may still be running. So I find it a little fishy someone needs to post a wanted ad... Then there is social/physical distancing... Pretty lady in the ad is annoying click bait IMO....

Personally, I do invitation only (people I know) for liability reasons, and to limit volume. Sometimes, depending on the person's situation, I don't charge at all, labour and/or parts...

Last edited:
All kidding aside, lots of people offer these services from home on Kijiji and bike shops are actually permitted to be open as an essential (repair) service, although many I frequent for parts have chosen to close. There are also mobile services that may still be running. So I find it a little fishy someone needs to post a wanted ad... Then there is social/physical distancing... Pretty lady in the ad is annoying click bait IMO....

Personally, I do invitation only (people I know) for liability reasons, and to limit volume. Sometimes, depending on the person's situation, I don't charge at all, labour and/or parts...

Agree and same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy ****, went for a moto ride and there were SO MANY cyclists out. Middle of the day on a friday. This is kinda cool to see.

Was out for a ride last night on some waterfront bike trails and one thing that caused some head shaking was the smell of alcohol coming from many of the pedestrians using the trail.
Combination of wow there is some serious drinking going on along with damn I'm breathing their air then hmm most of them are driving home.

Holy ****, went for a moto ride and there were SO MANY cyclists out. Middle of the day on a friday. This is kinda cool to see.

As long as they are riding solo and not in wannabe TdF Pelotons...

In general I am also seeing a lot more bicycles on the road now, a combination of furloughed people taking a ride, and commuters getting off the biohazzard TTC...

As long as they are riding solo and not in wannabe TdF Pelotons...

In general I am also seeing a lot more bicycles on the road now, a combination of furloughed people taking a ride, and commuters getting off the biohazzard TTC...
Nah, i saw 2 riders together at most whole were still at a bike's distance from each other. But i guess people working from home are using alternate methods of transportation too, keep fit to keep the immune system strong right!?

I am going to start riding again after many years, because my hip has a nagging thing going on that is no good for running longer than 30 minutes. I have a Felt F85 road bike which I like, but holy smokes my butt hurts after 30 minutes. Do they make Corbin seats for bicycles?

Seriously though, my wife has ridden a fair bit and has done a few Ironman's and was out the other day and found a gel seat cushion on the side of the road and brought it home for me. So I put it on my bike and it's a perfect fit over my seat. I will try it out tomorrow on the trainer and see how it feels.

If I could get up to 1 hour without it hurting that would be all I want.

Any other tips?

I am going to start riding again after many years, because my hip has a nagging thing going on that is no good for running longer than 30 minutes. I have a Felt F85 road bike which I like, but holy smokes my butt hurts after 30 minutes. Do they make Corbin seats for bicycles?

Seriously though, my wife has ridden a fair bit and has done a few Ironman's and was out the other day and found a gel seat cushion on the side of the road and brought it home for me. So I put it on my bike and it's a perfect fit over my seat. I will try it out tomorrow on the trainer and see how it feels.

Any other tips?

Ride more.

One of the most comfortable seats I've ever owned.

1248b79e4b_3.jpg

Any other tips?
Bike fit can make a big difference. Also different seats fit different people. Finally as FM says, ride more.

Any other tips?

It takes some time to get use to it if you have not been riding for a long time.

Besides that, are you wearing cycling shorts with a shammy? If not they will help a lot. You don't have to become TdF lycra guy (not that there is anything wrong with that)...they sell MTB shorts with it built in, I even have underwear with the shammy, I just wear whatever over top of those.

Next I would look at saddle fit to make sure it is the correct size. Saddle comfort can be counter intuitive, big "comfort" saddles tend not to work well. Softer saddles (maybe I should say too soft) are also not always better. Fit is most important. Personally I am not a fan of those gel seat covers, but if it works for you...

Any other tips?
The trainer hurts more than outside rides

The butt requires butt shorts. I have a few pairs of 'inner shorts' as they call'em that can be work below you regular shorts so you have padding for the nether region while looking casual (that's what i use mainly when i commute)

You also build resistance to it eventually but at first it's definitely unpleasant. Just give yourself breaks between rides.

The thing with gel seats is they work for casually riding around. But they eventually lose some of their cushioniness but hopefully by then you'll be able to transition back to your regular saddle :)

The trainer hurts more than outside rides

The butt requires butt shorts. I have a few pairs of 'inner shorts' as they call'em that can be work below you regular shorts so you have padding for the nether region while looking casual (that's what i use mainly when i commute)

You also build resistance to it eventually but at first it's definitely unpleasant. Just give yourself breaks between rides.

The thing with gel seats is they work for casually riding around. But they eventually lose some of their cushioniness but hopefully by then you'll be able to transition back to your regular saddle :)
I'm glad I don't want anymore kids. The trainer plus some added weight and it's lights out. May try to make quarantine rocker plate out of things in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom