Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

So - who's excited for this season of sledding??? What are you guys riding this year, any new toys???

I was thinking of getting a mono suit this year until I saw the prices... holy crap, almost a thousand bucks for a NON INSULATED SUIT??? WTF?

grooming has started in shelburne on the rail trail going towards dundalk, plus they are packing the trail around wasaga and collingwood

So - who's excited for this season of sledding??? What are you guys riding this year, any new toys???

I was thinking of getting a mono suit this year until I saw the prices... holy crap, almost a thousand bucks for a NON INSULATED SUIT??? WTF?

How do you take a poop in those?

Completely stoked for the upcoming season. Riding my Viper still, considered a turbo sidewinder.

Everything is slowly turning yellow on the OFSC map, and hali forest is now open with great conditions. Thats where im headed first ..

Anyone ever tried a timbersled? (from Polaris I think?)

http://www.timbersled.com/en-ca

I'm very tempted but there's no way I'd buy one before trying it... the videos make it look fun and very capable, but I'd still like to ride one to see how it compares to sledding before buying a kit for my Husky...

Last edited:
I've been riding in New Brunswick all week. Going to pick up a used EFI smoker or Yammie 4T when I get back just to play on a few times a year.

If you happen to be a 2XL and like yellow, my work has a Ski-Doo one on sale for $199.99

Anyone ever tried a timbersled? (from Polaris I think?)

http://www.timbersled.com/en-ca

I'm very tempted but there's no way I'd buy one before trying it... the videos make it look fun and very capable, but I'd still like to ride one to see how it compares to sledding before buying a kit for my Husky...

There was actually a demo day in Huntsville yesterday I believe. I mentioned it in another thread but unless these things get the green light for trail use I have no interest in them. Even then with no real back country here I'd stick to a sled for the trails.

I agree trying one would be a blast though.

Out today around the property on the wifes sled, damm cold but lots of fun!

20171216_143313.jpg

Out today around the property on the wifes sled, damm cold but lots of fun!

20171216_143313.jpg
[/QUOTE

i had one of those, triple triple fast sleds on the lake but beats you up in the moguls

Anyone have an "on the trail" fix/tip for frozen throttle cable? With all this powder around, I had an issue where my throttle cable stuck pretty bad after sitting for a couple hours. Luckily I was close enough to home to get some WD40 and after laying the sled on it's side and dripping wd40 down the cable end I was eventually able to get it unstuck enough to start the sled (wouldn't even start because of TPS - then again, I wouldn't have wanted it to start anyhow until the problem was fixed!). The throttle cable is practically brand new and was never sticky before, so it's purely due to the powder getting stuck on the bare cable that is exposed during WOT, then freezing solid after sitting for a bit. It might just be coincidence, but I think it is worse when I use the thumb warmer.

I'm going to keep a bottle of lock de-icer and wd40 in my trunk - any other/better ways to unfreeze it on the trail? I'd bring along a hair dryer but I have no way of powering it :p

Last edited:
I have a small butane torch I use at work for frozen cables and water lines. Works well, fits in a pocket. Twenty five bucks at Princess Auto.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If you happen to be a 2XL and like yellow, my work has a Ski-Doo one on sale for $199.99

Thanks for the lead! I'm only a size large though, but I ended up snagging an older discontinued version of tobe's suit and got a good deal on it during a boxing week sale:

EHB8oia.jpg

BTW - if anyone has a use for a $40 gift card code from snowbigdeal.com send me a PM. It has to be used by Jan 13th and I won't be using it - first come first served. No minimum order, but it will cost at least $20 shipping to send to Canada so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lead! I'm only a size large though, but I ended up snagging an older discontinued version of tobe's suit and got a good deal on it during a boxing week sale:

EHB8oia.jpg

BTW - if anyone has a use for a $40 gift card code from snowbigdeal.com send me a PM. It has to be used by Jan 13th and I won't be using it - first come first served. No minimum order, but it will cost at least $20 shipping to send to Canada so keep that in mind.

Looks like it will cut out the wind, but being purple it kinda looks like a Barney costume:D

Ooooo pretty snow outside! maybe I should see if the Skidoo or the Bravo will start :D
citation.jpg

Back
Top Bottom