Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

GreyGhost

Well-known member
Site Supporter
I've never ridden a utility sled but all I know is those Titan's seem HUGE. You ever manage to get one stuck I hope there's a crane nearby. Give me a month and I'll have a rough idea on what I think of the Axys chassis though.
Riding a sled is a great workout. The last trip I went on, we got two sleds stuck in some crap snow. I have never seen anything like it, it felt like you were swimming. It was light pellety snow so the sleds had nothing to push against and more than 6' deep (that was how the second sled got buried, it had enough track and power to cut through anything thrown at it to that point, so it tried (unsuccessfully) to cut an exit track). Needed to shovel a path all the way to the ground back to the trail. I think we were in there for more than four hours.
 

Trials

Well-known member
I rode mostly 250 singles lol people used to get all upset with me after they tried to follow some of my trails.
 

lucky2

Well-known member
Site Supporter
Are you sure? I had to look it up as I didn't know what it was and the closest I get is AC ZR Limited 6000 or 8000.

yeah i'm sure, its a 4stroke, the 6000 and 8000 is a two stroke 2019 is the last yr they built the 7000. the mill is a yamaha

 

blackcamaro

Well-known member
There has been some great deals on 18 and 19 Cat’s. I’m sure you made a good buy on that sled! Love the black and good choice on the 137. I don’t think I would go back to a shorty.

I have to plug Fortnine and FXR. I bought FXR jacket and pants last year. I only wear my sled stuff when I’m riding so it was pretty low use. I did get lucky though and threw the jacket on during the cold snap we got about a month ago and the zipper pulled away from the jacket in about a 3” section. Kind of sucked but I figured just get a tailor to put a new zipper on. Before doing that I decided to reach out to both Fortnine and FXR which was on a Sunday. Fortnine emailed me back that same day just asking for pictures to move forward and FXR Monday morning asking me to contact the retailer. Got a shipping label from Fortnine on the Monday to return. Fast forward a couple of weeks (I was told it could take up to 4 weeks to hear back regarding warranty) and I get a email yesterday that they credited my full purchase price. I couldn’t be happier with both companies, almost zero effort on my part and they more then made up for the defect. I ended up just replacing it with the same jacket in this years model with no cost to myself. Both will continue to get my business.
 

Hardwrkr13

Well-known member
Site Supporter
Anyone ridden a Polaris Titan yet? That's the sled I want to upgrade to from my Skandic eventually, they look SWEEET (for someone who needs a working sled 75 percent of the time but likes to have fun the other 25 percent ;)

I saw a pair having fun carving in the Ganny last season. They were going quicker than most others in there. Look like excellent sleds for what you describe.

Groomers were out Monday in my area after 25cm of snow fell. Managed 100km on the wifes sled as a shakedown test.78932963_10162603988640301_5306147518264901632_o.jpg
 

GreyGhost

Well-known member
Site Supporter
I saw a pair having fun carving in the Ganny last season. They were going quicker than most others in there. Look like excellent sleds for what you describe.

Groomers were out Monday in my area after 25cm of snow fell. Managed 100km on the wifes sled as a shakedown test.View attachment 41472
The wife has a turbo sled? Thumbs up. Most of the wife sleds I know are air-cooled.
 

Hardwrkr13

Well-known member
Site Supporter
The wife has a turbo sled? Thumbs up. Most of the wife sleds I know are air-cooled.
Yup, was moreso looking for a 550Fan or similar for her but managed to pick this clean 1-owner Turbo 750 with dealer maintenance records, trailering cover, 4-piece touring bags and new studded track for $2000 on Kijiji so couldn't pass it up.
Going to see double duty for friends to use so it'll work out well.
 

Top Bottom