Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

Just a heads-up courtesy for anyone sledding in the Scugog area:

Police are appealing for information after steel fence wire was found on snowmobile trails.

On Monday, January 20, 2014 at approximately 9:30 p.m., North Division officers responded to the area of Blue Mountain Road and Highway 12 in Scugog after a snowmobiler located a bundle of steel wire on the trail. Three snowmobilers had become entangled in the wire.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014, more wire was found on the groomed trail in the same area, and as many as six other incidents have now been reported.

Police are appealing for information after steel fence wire was found on snowmobile trails.

On Monday, January 20, 2014 at approximately 9:30 p.m., North Division officers responded to the area of Blue Mountain Road and Highway 12 in Scugog after a snowmobiler located a bundle of steel wire on the trail. Three snowmobilers had become entangled in the wire.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014, more wire was found on the groomed trail in the same area, and as many as six other incidents have now been reported.

Damn.

We just ran into DRPS on the trails this past weekend too. Never mentioned it and we were in the area.

Do any of you sled guys know someone with an old Ski-Doo Alpine (or similar "working" style snowmobile) for sale? With this winter I doubt I'll get our tractor back into the bush so I need something else to haul out the sap when maple syrup season FINALLY arives...

Do any of you sled guys know someone with an old Ski-Doo Alpine (or similar "working" style snowmobile) for sale? With this winter I doubt I'll get our tractor back into the bush so I need something else to haul out the sap when maple syrup season FINALLY arives...

I've actually got one for sale ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's a fun nimble machine ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sarcasm I hope... Those Yamaha's are tanks. They've been battling front weight, ski lift, body roll etc. However, with a nice can they sound wicked. And they outpull most other sleds on the top end.
The new Viper is a different cat all together... But then, that's because it's an Arctic Cat chassis and the Yamaha motor and is actually a fun twisty sled.

The new Polaris models are the lightest ones out there, supposedly the best HP too from what I've read.

I'd stick with the eco-tech skidoo myself. Reliable, great power, easy on the fuel, great chassis (was the lightest until Polaris came out with the new models). If I was in the market I'd be looking for a squadron green freeride.

I have a buddy whose entire family has fairly new Apex's and seriously thinks they are a good handling sled. Or, he thought so until he took my REV for a rip (but that thing was running some pricey suspension).

The motors are excellent. The miles you can put on those things is incredible. It's partly why I have a YZ250F for racing, super reliable.

Just an update:

On March 26, 2014, investigators arrested a 64-year-old male from Scugog Township in connection with the deliberate placing of steel wire on groomed snowmobile trails.

The male has entered into a diversion program to ensure he will receive the mental health support program he needs as police look to find a long term solution. Investigators have no additional concerns regarding safety on the snowmobile trail and would like to thank the media and citizens for their assistance in this investigation.

Back
Top Bottom