Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 450 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Seems like software is the biggest hurdle.
That's definitely a big part of it. They also need to be brutal at the stage where they are planning features. That stupid solar panel roof should have been cut at the brainstorming meeting. How much time and energy was spent on designing tiny interrupted panels on a moving substrate? The reason the output probably doesn't show up on screen is it adds negligible range (maybe 5 km per day if you're lucky) and it is far better suited to running fans to keep the cabin cooler while parked in the sun.

Last edited:
"Clean slate" is fine and all as long as it makes sense. @GreyGhost's solar panel comment is on point as something stupid that should never have made it past the "dumb **** we thought up in the planning stages" meetings.

Things like single-wire communication systems (like the Cybertruck has) *sound* great on paper, but create what is commonly referred to in the IT world as a "SPOF" - A "single point of failure". Having one single communcations wire running front to back in a vehicle sounds super awesome to a layperson who doesn't understand the ramifications of a SPOF, but watch what happens when that single wire gets damaged somewhere in the front half of the vehicle by a rodent, or corrosion, and suddenly nothing behind the steering wheel works anymore because that single line of communication has been severed.

There's a reason legacy automakers still use "big complicated spider nest" wiring looms...it's so that when a mouse chews on the wire for your power windows, your entire HVAC, or dashboard, or whatever else was downstream of that single wire from the ECM doesn't also die as a result.

This would be akin to Rogers or Bell or Telus running their entire north american infrastructure through one single router in Toronto somewhere, and if someone trips over the power cord everyone loses their home internet, cellphones, TV, etc etc etc across the entire country.

He still want's to fight Zuck? What is he gonna do? Sit on him?

6dcccc861f2a312c86791a0aec8ef088.jpg

Oh, the best one is still the yacht ones.

1708736061540.png

To be fair, I *totally* live in a glass house on this topic, but at least I have enough colour that I don't look like I'm deceased.

30,000 Australian dollars not quite as cheap as the article makes it seem but could be a good choicd

Sent from the future
30k USD/AUD/CAD is much better than current offerings out there.

All they need is for the cars to not suck.

Grrr.

In all my years of working in the auto industry, in all the assembly plants I've seen, in all the supplier plants I've seen ... I have never seen anything like this. Everyone has a scrap bin here and there ... "stuff happens" ... but not like this.

LOL @ the TSLA-Q club.

Those guys have lost their houses, wives and girlfriends shorting the stock since IPO. Looks like they finally gave up in 2022 LMFAO

Trying to convince partner to try a BYD for a replacement for the CRV but she seems set on Tesla and does not want to "support China".
Did not get into the reality that any Tesla she bought here would be made in China and then was all the Apple gear. Not worth the friction when we are not going to change out for 4-5 years as we do so little driving.
She's renting a Tesla Y for Tasmania in June. (y) Give it a go for a week or so .....lots of chargers available and Tas is simply not very big. 🍿

LOL @ the TSLA-Q club.

Those guys have lost their houses, wives and girlfriends shorting the stock since IPO. Looks like they finally gave up in 2022 LMFAO

The enormous amount of BS flying around is why I did a google-maps check separately. Links posted above.

I've never owned a single share in TSLA, either long or short, or any option relating to it, and I'm quite okay with staying out of it.

Trying to convince partner to try a BYD for a replacement for the CRV but she seems set on Tesla and does not want to "support China".
Did not get into the reality that any Tesla she bought here would be made in China and then was all the Apple gear. Not worth the friction when we are not going to change out for 4-5 years as we do so little driving.
She's renting a Tesla Y for Tasmania in June. (y) Give it a go for a week or so .....lots of chargers available and Tas is simply not very big. 🍿
Cousins in Australia have both a Model 3 Performance and a Model Y.

They love them both and my cousin is debating selling his low mileage Holden Commodore V8 as he just loves his M3P so much.

I had the Pontiac version of that, the G8 GXP for a few years ...
Nice! Always wanted one of those...but never worked out unfortunately.

Love those cars (the look of em anyway), but never drove it.

My cousin had the Holden Commodore Supercharged V6 previously, then he bought the V8. He said the lack of kms on his V8 will fetch him more money than he paid for it 10+ years ago. But it's a beast.

Back
Top Bottom