Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 448 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

1707790903040.png

Oh boy, that sounds like a fun ownership experience. Dude who just got the car wet in rain had rust spots showing up, much less road salt.

owners manuals for other vehicles say similar things..

They don't immediately start to rust if you don't do those things however. Read the linked article and look at the photos.

They don't immediately start to rust if you don't do those things however. Read the linked article and look at the photos.

Just pointing out that other manuals say similar things as the tesla manual...
I did.. and I did... and wasn't surprised.
Are the panels actually starting to rust.. or just showing the surface grime that you can't see on most painted vehicles?

My white evo was always covered in little orange-ish dots.. most came off when washed.. some needed extra care. The markings in the pics look similar to the dots on my evo?

Time will tell. I understand there's a few running around up here in Canada that have seen salt by now, so now it only comes down to if the owner is willing to share the results online or not.

View attachment 66051

Oh boy, that sounds like a fun ownership experience. Dude who just got the car wet in rain had rust spots showing up, much less road salt.
I think Tesla uses a 301 Stainless which is cheaper due to higher carbon and lower chromium and nickel content. 301 has better tensile strength but it's and has similar corrosion resistance to 304 in non-corrosive environments -- but add salt or any corrosive stuff and you're gonna see corrosion on 301

Delorean found that 304 wasn't good enough for body metal and went to 316 because it is highly resistant to corrosion by salts. This is what the 2 alloys look like after 5% salt spray test for 240hrs (which is what an unwashed car would see over a year in the GTA.

1707839502992.png

Probably not going to rust out, but keeping 301 shiny like a kitchen sink will take some elbow greasy if you live anywhere that uses salt.

Hahaha

lol. It says a lot about Teslas QC that this **** is leaving the factory to begin with.

Can you imagine one of the big 6 shipping cars like this?

Just read more into that link. Of COURSE the first response is apologist garbage telling people to "give Tesla some slack because there a lot of parts".

Good lord, the Tesla evangelicals are crazy.

So my Bolt needed a new battery today.

Upon establishing this, I walked into the service counter at the GM dealer, said "I think my EV needs a new battery" ... then after seeing the service adviser's jaw drop ... I set my sometimes-works-and-sometimes-not key fob down on the counter. I have been kinda suspicious of it for the last couple of weeks, first with remote start sometimes not working, then the car once complaining "Key not in vehicle" when it clearly was, then today taking 4 or 5 tries to unlock with the remote.

10 bucks, in and out, fixed.

LOL

Grrr.

In all my years of working in the auto industry, in all the assembly plants I've seen, in all the supplier plants I've seen ... I have never seen anything like this. Everyone has a scrap bin here and there ... "stuff happens" ... but not like this.

Grrr.

In all my years of working in the auto industry, in all the assembly plants I've seen, in all the supplier plants I've seen ... I have never seen anything like this. Everyone has a scrap bin here and there ... "stuff happens" ... but not like this.
Clueless?

To double-check the above ...

Tesla Fremont (It looks like there are a few areas like this out back of the plant) Tesla · 45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538

The Texas Gigafactory. WTF is all this? There's way more if you pan south. Tesla Giga Texas · 1 Tesla Rd, Austin, TX 78725

For comparison, here is Stellantis/FCA Brampton Assembly: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Brampton Assembly Plant · 2000 Williams Pkwy, Brampton, ON L6S 5R7, Canada

Zooming in, they have an area out back near the maintenance shops with some outside storage ... you need some areas for trucks going in and out (and this plant is going to look like a construction zone for the next year or so): Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Brampton Assembly Plant · 2000 Williams Pkwy, Brampton, ON L6S 5R7, Canada

Here's Honda Alliston ... no outdoor untidiness allowed. Honda of Canada Mfg. · 4700 Industrial Pkwy, Alliston, ON L9R 1A2, Canada

Here are two Magna plants next to each other in Milton - both of them have an outdoor area for handling empty parts racks etc near shipping and receiving but it isn't a disorganised mess: Google Maps

Back
Top Bottom