Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 363 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

MB allowing you full power for $1200/year on their EVs…

As long as they tell you the program up front, I have no problem with this subscription crap. I won't pay it and if it's something that I really want (like heated seats) I will skip your brand to avoid it but I have no problem with them offering these plans.

There is always the debate over whether you have already paid for the hardware and now they are charging you again. I don't think there is a satisfactory way of determining that. Even if the hardware is unchanged, more power equals more breakage equals more warranty expenses so there may be a real cost to MB when this option is enabled. Ideally, they would offer an upfront lifetime price or subscription and let you pick.

Last edited:
4 hrs of bid time remain......
Aaaaandd time. Two bidders jousting at the end. Sold for $171,000 USD which is ~$225,000 CDN. Leggat is probably a bit high. Getting it across the border/warranty should be worth <<$100k

Aaaaandd time. Two bidders jousting at the end. Sold for $171,000 USD which is ~$225,000 CDN. Leggat is probably a bit high. Getting it across the border/warranty should be worth <$100k
Yowza...I mean if I won LOTTOMAX then sure I'd probably buy it for kicks. But outside of that...I got better things to do with 225k.

Yowza...I mean if I won LOTTOMAX then sure I'd probably buy it for kicks. But outside of that...I got better things to do with 225k.

We’re going halfzies on the Koenigsegg right?

I can take the rest of the week I'll drive it to work and then you can have it on the weekend and do the maintenance

Sent from the future
Looks like I didn’t think this through….but halfsies are halfsies.

3/7 maintenance cost to me…I’m ok with this arrangement.

Be careful in Toronto. Tesla has just unlocked the guided missile option (full self-driving that is in no way, shape or form capable of full self-driving). It will be interesting to see how they deal with construction, cones, needing to push over to get a spot, etc. My money is on more than one cutting through a cone line to get to the open lane beyond.

I guess you will have to be careful "anywhere" in NA...

Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta is now available to anyone in North America who requests it from the car screen, assuming you have bought this option.

If I bought a Tesla, I have a reasonably good idea of what I am in

A car with bumpers that fall off, roofs that fly off, steering wheels that peel, body panels that don't line up, repairs that can take months to complete, and a good chance your car is going to be recalled?

1669428291183.png

MB allowing you full power for $1200/year on their EVs…

Again I'm reminded of the old adage, a fool and their money.....

If I ever bought a car that required a subscription for things like heated seats, you want to bet I'm going to just go underneath the seat and disconnect the wiring and feed + & - 12v directly to the heating elements and just bypass that ****. The hackers are also having a fun time just unlocking all this stuff for free anyways.

A car with bumpers that fall off, roofs that fly off, steering wheels that peel, body panels that don't line up, repairs that can take months to complete, and a good chance your car is going to be recalled?
I didnt say I was getting the most reliable vehicle. There are few surprises though. I know how they feel about rolling things out before they are finished, selling you options that you may never get, not knowing how to design/assemble vehicles etc. I dont think a tesla is the right choice for most people but at least it doesnt have many surprises for an educated buyer.

As for unlocking heated seats, expect the d/a conversion to happen deeper in the seats. If they only give you access to wires that have power and can bus and the controller is buried in the foam requiring you to cut the seat apart to get access to the heating element, for all intents and purposes they have you. Cost and effort to bypass their paywall exceeds what it would have cost to pay.

I dont think a tesla is the right choice for most people but at least it doesnt have many surprises for an educated buyer

Oh, I don't know...based on a lot of the comments on some non-fanboy overrun Tesla forums and such, there's an increasing number of Tesla customers that bought into the Musk reality distortion field and are now left pretty ****** off about the product they received.

The shine isn't what it once was where the teflon was so thick that Tesla could sell a car that broke down at a week of age, spent 3 months in a shop, and the owner still waxed poetic about their beloved car and jizzed themselves at every opportunity to praise-be Musk.

If they only give you access to wires that have power and can bus and the controller is buried in the foam requiring you to cut the seat apart to get access to the heating element,

Never underestimate a determined hacker. ;)

Dodge is getting in on harleys game but with a real performance bump. Stock eCharger is 455 hp. Stage 1 is 495, stage 2 is 535. If you buy a trim up, you get 590 and can upgrade to 630 or 670.

Although theoretically subsequent buyers could upgrade as it's just software, economics probably means it will never be upgraded from purchase configuration (unless a hack is available).

Elon says, any publicity is good publicity.

At this point, They are the only major car maker on earth that doesn't have, need, or waste money on a marketing department, yet they are no 1 in EV sales for many years.....

Back
Top Bottom