Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 193 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Electric pickup trucks?

Well ... here's a preview of what happens. A Tesla Model X can tow. So TFLtruck did.

Oops.

I know what the problem is. The Tesla on its own has a very good drag coefficient. Put a trailer behind ... not so much.

I see these Clarity's on the road every now and then. They are so ugly from many different angles.
That's the thing that turns me off many EVs...and put me towards the Volt. It's one of the cars that looks like a car...not a spaceship!
Right now we're still a single car family...but hell even though I want a fun toy...an EV will be in my future again.

Reactions: nfq
I saw a Kona EV on the road the other day. Hyundai still doesn't quite get it. The EV has lots of weird details on it that the gasser doesn't. The wheels are dimpled like a golf ball (if that works and is not just for looks, why not include it on all vehicles as it should cost nothing) and the rear bumper has tons of waves molded into it (probably just for show).

The wheels are dimpled like a golf ball (if that works and is not just for looks, why not include it on all vehicles as it should cost nothing)

They work on a golf ball. People buying an EV will accept a lot of different ideas and features an ICE vehicle buyer would balk at, like dimpled wheel covers that should provide an aero advantage and fugly, plasticy interiors like the Teslas.

and the rear bumper has tons of waves molded into it (probably just for show).

Like the dimples, they're probably there for a reason. Likely to get the air flow at the rear to act the way they want it to.

and one can get a 2019 lease for .99% too

thats a great deal, on an already cheaper car compared to the price of a Clarity or Volt. You can buy a lot of extra gas with those savings.

For the record, the Insight is rated at 55mpg or 4.2l/ 100km.

I've seen guys get 66mpg or 3.5l/100km

Why bother with the added cost of a plug in?

GM Announced a new EV yesterday based on the Bolt platform. The Menlo. Not fancy on the name, but I do actually like the look for the most part - the back end is still a bit "bubbly", but not a show stopper. And it will please the crowd who want a larger more utility-oriented vehicle.

Chevy-Bolt-EUV-Menlo-EV-electric-car.jpg

That one is China-only, as I understand it. But that's not to say we won't see some variation of it at some point. Surely this will be built in China for the Chinese market - not in Lake Orion MI which is the worldwide assembly plant for the Bolt.

Found dimensions online. It is about half a metre longer than a Bolt, a few millimetres wider (essentially no different), and a smidge lower. The wheelbase is only slightly longer. From looking at it, I betcha the extra length is largely in the nose sticking out further - longer hood. While that perhaps results in a more mainstream outside shape ... it doesn't add anything functionally useful to the interior. I like the Bolt more.

The Menlo is for China only and based on the (also China only) Buick Velite 6 EV. Older architechure, not based on the BEV2 platform that the next GM EV's will use.

I watched this yesterday:

The insight really seems like the perfect DD for the Ontario area.. glad we don't have plentiful hills to necessitate the gasoline generator singing at full hum. Larger than a Volt.. looks like a regular Accord. Essentially a Volt 2.proper?

Sunny, GM may be clueless but looking at the class-action lawsuits against Tesla going on right now, Elon is a bloody shyster.

I watched this yesterday:

The insight really seems like the perfect DD for the Ontario area.. glad we don't have plentiful hills to necessitate the gasoline generator singing at full hum. Larger than a Volt.. looks like a regular Accord. Essentially a Volt 2.proper?

I'd personally spring for the larger Accord Hybrid. you still get 50+ mpg (4.7l per 100km) but a far bigger, better and more refined car.

Back
Top Bottom