Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 339 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

So, long story short….my son bought back our original Volt and boom, it’s back in our driveway 3 years and ~35,000km later.

It has some quirks that we may have to work through (I’ll save it for another day, not directly battery related FWIW) but the price was VERY (very) right, so it was a very worthwhile gamble.
I’m hoping this shortage lasts a bit longer.

BIL is looking at the new Z and if he puts in an order it would be 8-12 months.

I plan on buying his 6MT GTI as my last ICE car and selling my Volt.

Next car will be full EV.

We eventually want to go back to at least one full EV (I do miss the Ioniq for the longer trips where we would have gone full electric instead of using gas again on the Volt), but I think we'll keep our 2017 until it dies, or can't be repaired any longer. The fact we're running on electric close to 95% of the time, but having the flexibility of gas for towing, well, that's just impossible to beat. I'm not sure another car like it with that same flexibility will ever come along honestly - a lot of the current crop of PHEV's don't have the same electric range (we went 105km on it yesterday all electric, zero gas) or the sleeper towing-prowess it has.
Anyhow, still loving my Gen1 as well. 58km yesterday and still 6km left on the GOM when I pulled into my driveway. The 11 year old battery is still rocking it.

1654956438245.png

At current gas prices, both of these cars are saving us a ****-ton every single day. With our typical daily driving recently we'd be burning close to $700-$800 of gas every month right now.

I’m hoping this shortage lasts a bit longer.

BIL is looking at the new Z and if he puts in an order it would be 8-12 months.

Next car will be full EV.

Get the Corolla GR... I don't think you gonna be happy with GTI build quality and upkeep

Get the Corolla GR... I don't think you gonna be happy with GTI build quality and upkeep
But I don’t want a Corolla GR…maybe the 86…or an ND MX5. His buyout on the GTI will be 20k. I’m 100% sure I can buy the GTI, drive it for a year and flip it for minimal loss before my full EV.

What I really want is a muscle car (Mustang GT) as a third car.

And I can justify it because I can fit all 3 kids into it…so practical!

But alas….haven’t won the LOTTOMAX yet.

What I really want is a muscle car (Mustang GT)

Just the thought of the gas prices on something like that makes me cringe now. Don't get me wrong, there are times I miss the growl and such from my old Magnum, but I certainly don't miss 15L/100KM which would be close to $40 every 100km now.

I still don't get how all the pickup truck drivers are still blasting along the 401 at 140, or driving in the city just hammering on it at every green light and such. ~$250 to go a few hundred KM has to sting a little.

Just the thought of the gas prices on something like that makes me cringe now. Don't get me wrong, there are times I miss the growl and such from my old Magnum, but I certainly don't miss 15L/100KM which would be close to $40 every 100km now.

I still don't get how all the pickup truck drivers are still blasting along the 401 at 140, or driving in the city just hammering on it at every green light and such. ~$250 to go a few hundred KM has to sting a little.
It would def not be a daily. More of a weekend cruiser. But an ND MX-5 would scratch that itch…without the power, and the 5 seats.

I guess im past the age where that itch is very bothersome anymore, or perhaps my cheapness overpowers it lol.

just saw a Ram TRX yesterday. now that'll hurt your wallet. ~20L/100km. premium only.

just saw a Ram TRX yesterday. now that'll hurt your wallet. ~20L/100km. premium only.

I am convinced that these people don't understand the concept of "use less". They're gonna do whatever they want and then complain that the mysterious "they" (government? big business? oil companies? ??) are ripping people off, and refuse to lift a finger to change anything that's under their control ... like using a more economical vehicle, or driving slower, or combining trips, or (gasp) switching to electric.

I am convinced that these people don't understand the concept of "use less". They're gonna do whatever they want and then complain that the mysterious "they" (government? big business? oil companies? ??) are ripping people off, and refuse to lift a finger to change anything that's under their control ... like using a more economical vehicle, or driving slower, or combining trips, or (gasp) switching to electric.
When the lightnings start to appear and hand the TRX it's ass on a platter, they may start to switch. I haven't heard a TRX driven in anger but when driven gently, it sounds like every other moron in a truck with a loud exhaust. I accidentally got my kids calling them "small pee pee man" and my wife got me in trouble (it started with a knob in a cigar boat randomly revving his boat while doing pointless laps in a narrow no-wake zone).

Last edited:
When the lightings start to appear and hand the TRX it's ass on a platter, they may start to switch. I haven't heard a TRX driven in anger but when driven gently, it sounds like every other moron in a truck with a loud exhaust. I accidentally got my kids calling them "small pee pee man" and my wife got me in trouble (it started with a knob in a cigar boat randomly revving his boat while doing pointless laps in a narrow no-wake zone).

These people want loud and obnoxious, lightning is too tame. I never understand people with the loud, fast vehicle and never push it. Or maybe I'm just an ******* racing on the street. 🤷‍♂️

I just taught my wife the same thing: correlation between penis size and trucks. The bigger and taller a truck, the smaller the penis.
My kids will probably know this too as they grow up.

These people want loud and obnoxious, lightning is too tame. I never understand people with the loud, fast vehicle and never push it. Or maybe I'm just an ******* racing on the street. 🤷‍♂️

I just taught my wife the same thing: correlation between penis size and trucks. The bigger and taller a truck, the smaller the penis.
My kids will probably know this too as they grow up.
A guy in the subdivision drives an RS Q8. On the plus side, he's not one of the knobs that pulls out of the driveway and unloads it. On the minus side, I've never heard it above 2000 rpm. Not sure why he spent that much money when the cheapest motor would be more power than he uses. Maybe he gets into it when far from home.

I am convinced that these people don't understand the concept of "use less".

They all seem to be the “ones” driving with their left wheels 1” from the center line and their trailer mirrors deployed (and no trailer), so I’m pretty sure they embrace useless as a lifestyle.

They all seem to be the “ones” driving with their left wheels 1” from the center line and their trailer mirrors deployed (and no trailer), so I’m pretty sure they embrace useless as a lifestyle.
ha the good ole Ram Horns, flipped up trailer mirror for no goddamn reason.
truck drivers know where the lines are? ones in my area would work a colouring book worse than my toddler.

Back
Top Bottom