Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 320 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Ford wanna make A hybrid ICE Mustang with like 800 hp?
It won't be 800 hp to start but the next gen of Mustang will feature a V8 powering the rear wheels and an electric motor powering the front.

I doubt I'll sell my 2020 Bullitt but I've said that before on other cars/bikes. For me it's got to have the V8 minimum.

In fairness, there is no such thing as an "unhackable [system] that never fails". They are asking for the impossible.

I deal with industrial safety systems. There is no human activity without risk. The old term "failsafe" has been recognized as unachievable in practice, and that concept has been replaced with a failure-probability approach. The theoretical MTBF for a high-integrity system can be a very long time...but not infinite. Tesla needs to do better than minutes to hours, though.

In fairness, there is no such thing as an "unhackable [system] that never fails". They are asking for the impossible.

I deal with industrial safety systems. There is no human activity without risk. The old term "failsafe" has been recognized as unachievable in practice, and that concept has been replaced with a failure-probability approach. The theoretical MTBF for a high-integrity system can be a very long time...but not infinite. Tesla needs to do better than minutes to hours, though.
I doubt they are anywhere near hours if reviewed objectively. Probably more like seconds to minutes between bad decisions when used off a controlled access highway.

Pretty funny.

271719698_4728034153956094_2188369206752103814_n.jpg

The upcoming electric Ultium-based Equinox is supposed to start around the same price, and it is a good-looking vehicle. Chevrolet Previews Equinox EV

Equinox is mass-market high-volume, and with what else is going on, going EV-only in that segment is a big move. The current assembly plant for the gas engine Equinox - CAMI Ingersoll - is being retooled for the Brightdrop electric van, and the Equinox is supposedly going into Lake Orion where the Bolt is - was? - built. The GMC Terrain - Equinox platform-mate - is hecho en Mexico ... I have a feeling that GM will be covering their bases by leaving the gas-engine Terrain in production for a while after the EV Equinox starts production. The BT1XX Silverado EV is also going into Lake Orion.

I really hope GM comes up with an Ultium-based replacement for the Bolt in its current (Bolt/Trax/Encore) size class. Equinox is too big and too CUV for me.

They are making some real big noises about this new Ultium system. Time will tell if they got it right this time.

I like (hope?) to think that Honda saw something good in this system for them to commit to this platform for a future Honda and Acura electric product.

GM can't afford another Bolt fiasco.

Last edited:
GM can't afford another Bolt fiasco.

They have 50 billion in liquidity right and an 80 billion market cap . They could technically “afford” it just fine.

Wouldn’t help their reputation, sure. But they can afford it in a pure dollars and cents aspect.

Let’s all remember the fault on this lies with LG as well, not GM. Which is why despite the estimated $2B cost of fixing the Bolt batteries, LG is paying $1.9B of it.

They have 50 billion in liquidity right and an 80 billion market cap . They could technically “afford” it just fine.

Wouldn’t help their reputation, sure. But they can afford it in a pure dollars and cents aspect.

Let’s all remember the fault on this lies with LG as well, not GM. Which is why despite the estimated $2B cost of fixing the Bolt batteries, LG is paying $1.9B of it.
Stop making sense Pilot and post based on your biases only, please.

They couldn't last time.....

2009: The big one. The federal and Ontario governments provided $13.7 billion to GM and Chrysler (with about $10.5 billion for GM) to bail out the auto industry amid the economic downturn—and essentially save the company. They received equity stakes the car-makers in exchange, which were later sold, while some loan portions of the bailout were repaid. Still, in a 2015 report for the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, policy analyst Mark Milke estimated that Ontario and federal taxpayers took a $2.8 billion loss on GM’s portion of the bailout. Documents obtained last summer by CBC through access to information suggest that as of March 2017, Ottawa was still owed $1.2 billion by auto sector, though GM’s share was not disclosed.

Last edited:
Sure. That was then, this is now.

Tesla almost went bankrupt at the same time, and again not that long ago as well during the lauch of the m3.

And with a price to earnings ratio insanely off in left field, if the stock collapses, it could be a risk again.

Sure. That was then, this is now.

Tesla almost went bankrupt at the same time, and again not that long ago as well during the lauch of the m3.

And with a price to earnings ratio insanely off in left field, if the stock collapses, it could be a risk again.

Tesla didnt need a gov bailout. Elon figured it out.

GM did, if it wasn't for the govt assistance (US Gov were majority shareholders of GM for a few years, remember?) , they wouldnt exist today. simple fact.

Tesla didnt need a gov bailout. Elon figured it out.

GM did, if it wasn't for the govt assistance (US Gov were majority shareholders of GM for a few years, remember?) , they wouldnt exist today. simple fact.
Honest question. How many people does Tesla employ vs GM?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
They programmed them to run stop signs at up to 5.6 mph? The mind boggles that this crap is allowed on public roads at all. Tesla can obviously not be trusted without iron fisted oversight.

Back
Top Bottom