Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 318 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Well the Japanese and Koreans took a huge market share from them before Tesla, but no one has taken a piece of their pie for full size trucks. Mighty big task.

Very true. But the Koreans and Japanese focus on lower end of price point where the big 3 have no hope. The big 3 declared mid and full size sedans as dead. Tesla proved this isn't true.

With trucks, I suspect the big 3 will win share on "price" and brand loyalty over tech goodness and superiority.

Question for those who have owned EVs for a while, is there a maintenance schedule for the actual motors, e.g. brushes, commutators?

Question for those who have owned EVs for a while, is there a maintenance schedule for the actual motors, e.g. brushes, commutators?

Zero, because there isn’t any. EV’s use brushless motors that need zero maintenance for the life of the vehicle. In the case of the Volt there’s transmission fluid that needs changing every 160,000km or something like that. It’s not even used like a traditional transmission fluid would be in a regular car, it’s just for cooling in the Volts transmission for the most part.

Wow....no WFH option on a day like today? At least your drive home should be easier....if the highways are open.

Nope, only the senior people get wfh laptops. If I don't show up I do not get paid :(

I saw soo many different type of cars in the ditch, people shovelling and there was a pile up of freight trucks by the lakeshore exit

Tried to call in to work. No answer. No one made it in.
I remember a few jobs ago...boss would email everyone the night before a snow storm

'as there is a snow storm tomorrow, I expect everyone to leave their house early so you're in the office on time.'

Different times.

Just got a call from the office, we are closing at 2:30. Oh ok , why are still there ? All the phones can be forwarded to cell, just push the big white button on the switchboard.
Me I'm on episode 27 of Cobra Kai

Seriously 😭😭
i don't doubt it, saw plenty of people proper stuck, most made poor decisions. Coming home one guy was stuck in our driveway, i had to push him out then let him follow my big SUV in as i plowed the way.

Hope you’ve got one of those small shovels! Or at least a few people around to push you out.
That is where EV will really have a downside. On the upside, they can do accurate four wheel torque control (and could even do it remotely so you could push your own car out) but they are heavy pigs.

but they are heavy pigs.

That can also be an advantage.

Already posted this photo in one of the other threads, but this was my Volt at 9:30AM this morning at work:

IMG_9183.jpeg

To clarify, I do not have snow tires on this winter. I not only drove out of the snow in that photo, but then got 99% of the way home. Passed *tons* of cars and trucks stuck on the way.

Our street is physically impassable - there's a guy with a 4x4 down at the corner who struggled to get down the street. I think we got close to 50cm here.

Back
Top Bottom