Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 254 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Heard we may have to go to work earlier than expected (June possibly). Time to start really looking for a diff commuter lol.

on the radar:
- VOLT
- BOLT
- Ioniq

Need/want 100km round trip range on electric.
In a perfect world I could make the cottage (140km) each way.
Would like the Tesla M3 but out of price range.

If the WRX gets totally destroyed on trade then it’s cheaper to just keep it and eat the gas.

Heard we may have to go to work earlier than expected (June possibly). Time to start really looking for a diff commuter lol.

on the radar:
- VOLT
- BOLT
- Ioniq

Need/want 100km round trip range on electric.
In a perfect world I could make the cottage (140km) each way.
Would like the Tesla M3 but out of price range.

If the WRX gets totally destroyed on trade then it’s cheaper to just keep it and eat the gas.
Just sell the WRX privately.

Maybe, huge tax implications though. He should get more privately (although it's not cheap so selling privately isn't easy) and he will owe an extra 5000+ in tax on the next car. It will be interesting to see what they offer for the trade.

Thought about it...but so many people to deal with. I'll go check out a few cars to get my bearings and see what I can wiggle down.

Volt I can probably get 4-6k difference (in my favour) - motorcycle money
Bolt would probably be a wash for me to buy it - motorcycle money with the gas/maintenance savings
Ioniq/KONA I haven't looked into deep enough to see if it's appropriate for me

This week I hit 3 years of my Volt ownership and am finally done paying it off.

Gotta say I've been really happy with this ride. Probably about 80% of my driving has been on electric, which is pretty sweet considering only use this vehicle in the winter.

Next car for us will probably be the Bolt.

This week I hit 3 years of my Volt ownership and am finally done paying it off.

Gotta say I've been really happy with this ride. Probably about 80% of my driving has been on electric, which is pretty sweet considering only use this vehicle in the winter.

Next car for us will probably be the Bolt.
The Bolt is really at the top of my list...I just don't like the way it looks....but the price for used ones is around where I think I can make a straight switch with the WRX. Will have to go see.

Realistically...I don't drive anywhere where I'll extend the 300km range of the Bolt. Furthest is my buddy's cottage in Algonquin Park...but I could just plug it in once I get there, and keep it plugged until I leave on Sunday. 24hrs at 110V should top it up. 260km one way.

I agree that the Bolt is hideous. It's one of the few vehicles out there that my bike looks good parked next to.

I also think that the range is good enough for 99% of my usage. For the off chance I need to go further than the electric range, I can just rent a car - or take the Volt!

Not a biggie. The real gain is from learning to maneuver the craft, which they have done very successfully.

Sunny.

Sunny.

Sunny?

200.gif

Progress
I'll start a "go fund me" for poor Elon.

NOT

Save your pennies, He won't need it.

Even after today's losses...

"Tesla now has a market value of about $575 billion, still far richer than any other automaker." down from 700 billion. shucks...

Someone didn't bother to read the article.

Last edited:
When the value is based on hysteria and stupidity, it can just as easily do down as up (see GME). There are no fundamentals that support Tesla valuation even remotely close to where it is.
Diamond hands? Is that the term the youngens are using?

Back
Top Bottom