Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 219 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Another "autopilot" win. It didnt see an overturned truck and crashed into it. It looks like elons push for machine vision only to avoid lidar/radar is not working out well. The cars are cool but I wonder how many people need to get hurt or die before regulators stop this deadly public experiment.

Another "autopilot" win. It didnt see an overturned truck and crashed into it. It looks like elons push for machine vision only to avoid lidar/radar is not working out well. The cars are cool but I wonder how many people need to get hurt or die before regulators stop this deadly public experiment.

Beat me to it!!!

Unfortunately it'll end up with a kneejerk reaction and other companies that are not beta testing their products on their customers will pay the price...with actually superior products ending up sitting mothballed due to government reaction to this.

Unfortunately it'll end up with a kneejerk reaction and other companies that are not beta testing their products on their customers will pay the price...with actually superior products ending up sitting mothballed due to government reaction to this.
It's not exactly knee jerk when people are dying in public beta testing (hell, for some modes it is probably better called alpha testing).

There needs to be a standard that systems can pass before they are allowed on the road. Something that runs the car through a variety of situations (with enough randomness that the system cannot be programmed for the test). If your system can pass you are allowed put and can continue refining. Being able to see and react to the broadside of a truck is a pretty low bar that tesla seems unable to do quite often. Most of these systems can have a brainfart and drive in a gore straight into a bull nose (this has killed people in Tesla's before).

I won't disagree, but my concern about a kneejerk reaction is that some backwards 80 year old law maker will do exactly that - rant about "newfangled half baked technology we don't need and is clearly going to continue to kill people!" and just put a blanket ban on the tech to the point that nobody else can even demonstrate their version that might be 1000% safer.

If some people had their way we'd still be starting our cars with crank handles.

I agree a happy medium needs to be found, but using customers as beta testers is a bad start.

It is strange the Elon's technology just sent the Crew Dragon to the ISS mostly on autopilot.But then there wasn't anything in the way.

Edit: Doug Hurley (not on autopilot) hit his head on a bulkhead entering the ISS. Stupid human!

Bob and Doug went to space makes me giggle a little everytime I hear it.

Americans have no idea why Canadians think this is hillarious.

The path of a spacecraft from takeoff to docking and back is almost fully predictable from start to finish. (Almost. Not 100%. But close.)

For that matter, operation of a train on a set of privately-owned tracks with controlled access is almost fully predictable, and you can't change directions even if you wanted to. This is the sort of thing that lends itself to automation.

Traffic on public roads, not so much.

Rick Moranis was great.I saw him with the Second City troupe at the Old Firehall back in the 80's.Hilarious stuff.Too bad his life had such a tragic turn.

Reactions: nfq
Bob and Doug went to space makes me giggle a little everytime I hear it.

Americans have no idea why Canadians think this is hillarious.
Some would know it; when I was in school down south, I had a Canadian film fest party where we watched Strange Brew and half knew Bob and Doug (they were from northern states) and the other half got educated on why you check the date on chocolate milk from a vending machine.

Leno hung out with the Canoo guys. I'm still not sure about this thing, but it is an interesting idea.

72658705.jpg

Damn. Volts hold their value pretty well. :D Obviously this person likes the pipe.

In Phoenix, 2013 for $30,000 with 170,000 miles. Includes in ad that original price was $40,000.

Good god....someone needs to pull this guy aside and have a heart to heart with him and break the bad news he has basically a $5K (USD) car on his hands. I sold my wife's Volt with about the same mileage for $8.5K CDN.

It's still as funny today as it was years ago.

Any other manufacturer have trouble with parts flying off in a few inches of water?

Happy to report that all the bumpers on not just one...but BOTH of our EV's are still firmly attached!

Hahaha. I know where there is an identical suitcase that is worth 5K. It contains an instrument data recorder.
I'm messing around with a 10-15k laser target unit...does that count? LoL

Seen some guys selling 'vintage wood' doors from old Toronto houses on FB...went down from 1500 to $800 but he 'knows what I have so don't lowball' type of deal.

Long, but extremely thorough, review of VW's new ID3 electric car.

I'd drive that. Unfortunately, North America isn't getting this version ... only bigger SUV-themed versions.

Back
Top Bottom