Any GTAM'ers have a tiny/micro camper? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers have a tiny/micro camper?

Anyone find a weight on the website? I couldn't find one. They like 1000lbs for the 5x8?

If you go to the quote page, I found this.
b5f5762286a71626f71ddec62d515a2e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you go to the quote page, I found this.
b5f5762286a71626f71ddec62d515a2e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are designed to function off-grid but chargers, solar panels and inverters are optional extras? By definition that means your time off-grid is quite limited. It may be fine, just stupid marketing.

The off grid thing is a tough one....a lot of teardrops despite their size have niceities like AC and such which isn't going to run off-grid on the amount of solar panels you could possibly squeeze on the roof of a teardrop trailer (or most any trailer, honestly) for very long.

We've done a ton of "off grid" type travelling...and there's no replacement for a nice quiet inverter generator and some jerry cans full of gas. ;)

"Off grid" means different things to different people. It is quite possible to go camping without air-con, television, internet, etc and use no electricity. If you start wanting to have lighting at night, then you're starting to want power (e.g. solar) and energy storage (e.g. battery). If you start wanting to run more stuff then the electrical demand gets bigger.

Indeed. "Off grid" for us when we had out big 5th wheel was A/C, TV, lights, and use of all our appliances.

For others, it's the ability to just charge their cellphone.

Many people find out the hard way that their desire to go off grid with just a solar panel or two and the electricity demands they end up having are quite far apart, however. Solar is awesome, but very limited...more so if you get a stretch of bad weather.

Indeed. "Off grid" for us when we had out big 5th wheel was A/C, TV, lights, and use of all our appliances.

For others, it's the ability to just charge their cellphone.

Many people find out the hard way that their desire to go off grid with just a solar panel or two and the electricity demands they end up having are quite far apart, however. Solar is awesome, but very limited...more so if you get a stretch of bad weather.
Yeah, it's a very vague term. In regard to the base option provided by the trailer, powerless is probably a better term. Basically you are not far from camping and running things off their own batteries. A solar panel or trickle charger from a vehicle should be sufficient to charge a battery for some leds lights and usb plugs. If you want to start running appliances, you very quickly end up with a generator. I like your A/C idea so that would stick with with an 2000 watt or so anyway. Once you put a hard shell on something, for me the heat becomes horrendous. It seems more bearable in a tent. How does A/C get installed? Window A/C below kitchen?

Roadtrek 190 - fits in regular parking spot and ALL the comforts of home. After covid we hope to attach an enclosed trailer with bike and live out of it for three months in the southern US while taking in as many good roads as possible.

Last edited:
IMG_5978.jpeg

So, we bought a thing. Well, we will once we go pick it up (pending inspection) Saturday.

We looked at a ton of teardrops and squaredrops and just didn't find anything that was ideal. My wife was more and more stuck on the lack of a toilet and the idea of crawling out to go to an external bathroom once or twice a night was increasingly irksome I could tell..

Then we came across this critter. For anyone who kinda recognizes it, it's basically a Helio - same manufacturer but previous to a restructuring. 2010 model. Original owner. Has a wet bath (shower/toilet combo), queen bed, a propane /120 fridge, hot and cold running water (with a small sink), and some storage.

And it's only 420Kg empty believe it or not because of the all fibreglass and aluminum construction. At 950lbs it's actually *lighter* than some of the squaredrop trailers we looked at.

Anyhow, how the Volt tows it remains to be seen, but there's tons of Helio owners pulling with tiny 4 cylinder cars and they report because of the aerodynamics and lightweight they pull great. The guy who is selling me this one says he pulled it with a 4 banger.

Paid more than we really wanted in the end....but fack, can't take it to the grave with you I guess....and I expect these trailers will always hold their value same as things like Bolers and Trilliums that are actually worth more now than they were new because of the fact they last.

That’s all you need if you’re gonna be weekending

Enjoy

View attachment 46997

So, we bought a thing. Well, we will once we go pick it up (pending inspection) Saturday.

We looked at a ton of teardrops and squaredrops and just didn't find anything that was ideal. My wife was more and more stuck on the lack of a toilet and the idea of crawling out to go to an external bathroom once or twice a night was increasingly irksome I could tell..

Then we came across this critter. For anyone who kinda recognizes it, it's basically a Helio - same manufacturer but previous to a restructuring. 2010 model. Original owner. Has a wet bath (shower/toilet combo), queen bed, a propane /120 fridge, hot and cold running water (with a small sink), and some storage.

And it's only 420Kg empty believe it or not because of the all fibreglass and aluminum construction. At 950lbs it's actually *lighter* than some of the squaredrop trailers we looked at.

Anyhow, how the Volt tows it remains to be seen, but there's tons of Helio owners pulling with tiny 4 cylinder cars and they report because of the aerodynamics and lightweight they pull great. The guy who is selling me this one says he pulled it with a 4 banger.

Paid more than we really wanted in the end....but fack, can't take it to the grave with you I guess....and I expect these trailers will always hold their value same as things like Bolers and Trilliums that are actually worth more now than they were new because of the fact they last.
Brave post PP. I thought you'd learned about letting GTAM know before it was in your driveway?

It looks like fun. Congrats.

Should have no problem pulling that with a 4banger

Looks like it’s in really great condition from the picture

Brave post PP. I thought you'd learned about letting GTAM know before it was in your driveway?

It looks like fun. Congrats.

Well, it’s in another province to start.

And unless the person speaks French they may have difficultly trying to buy it out from under me.

And I have a deposit on it.

So whoever’s thinking about it, piss off. ?

Well, it’s in another province to start.

And unless the person speaks French they may have difficultly trying to buy it out from under me.

And I have a deposit on it.

So whoever’s thinking about it, piss off. ?
Are you saying someone bought something you was looking at buying that you spoke about on here?

If so that’s low

Ya'll are funny lol.

If I don't take it for some reason on Saturday you're all welcome to it, but if we don't take it...it means there's some damn good reason for it, IE something isn't right. ;)

Ya'll are funny lol.

If I don't take it for some reason on Saturday you're all welcome to it, but if we don't take it...it means there's some damn good reason for it, IE something isn't right. ;)
Why a teardrop instead of a square back?

There's a place in listowel called longhaul trailer, they have some good deals on new RV's

I don't think you can go to wrong with a unit like that, they seem to hold value really well ( once your not the original purchaser) and I'm with your missus on the walk 150m to the loo at 3am, in the drizzle, with the raccoons, hard no.

Back
Top Bottom