Any GTAM'ers have a tiny/micro camper? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers have a tiny/micro camper?

In highway driving, weight of trailer isn't as much of an issue as how much of a barn-door it is in terms of aerodynamics. We've noticed when towing enclosed trailers in the 5-by-10-foot size range that they have less of a fuel consumption impact behind my van than they do behind a pickup truck ... they mostly fit within the frontal area of the van and the long roof of the van extending all the way to the back should lead to less flow disruption when it in turn hits the top of the trailer (which is same-height or perhaps below the top of the roof of the van).

It's very easy with pickup trucks with gasoline engines to send consumption into the 24 - 25 litre per 100 km range by towing a big-brick-shaped enclosed trailer.

I’m usually pulling a boat , I’m guessing hydrodynamic and aerodynamic transfer , anyway it’s a really big wedge not a block .
@scubasteve , you must have a chev ( teasing , I’ve seen it)

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I had a 2016 Rockwood 192HW A-frame camper that I bought new, the thing was great, would set up in less then 2 minute and very easy to tow, would average 12.2 L per 100 with a 5.0 with 3.55 gears to Haliburton from Alliston, which I thought is not too bad. These are fully loaded less washroom, was great for the Wife and myself. Sold it last Aug when I bought my Mattawa property. I would highly recommend and A-frame for a small Camper.

20200701_115102.jpg
20200701_195208.jpg

This thread is reminding me that I’d like something like shown by @GP_RZ as it looks fairly easy to transport and tow behind the Odyssey.

Not planning on a full size trailer, but a small one that will sleep at least 2-3 as the eldest can be in a tent on his own in a year or so.

This summer will probably determine whether we continue to haul our enduros on the back of the pick-up, Adventurize them with additional gas+luggage, or opt for some kind of camper van setup.

Highly unlikely we'll go with the third option, but I did spend a couple of nights researching MotoVans:

There's a company out in Lethbridge, AB, less than a day's drive from here, which makes a camper-van conversion specifically for motorcycles:

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

I'll just bookmark this for when we get too old to sleep on the ground in a tent. But it's nice to dream sometimes.

This summer will probably determine whether we continue to haul our enduros on the back of the pick-up, Adventurize them with additional gas+luggage, or opt for some kind of camper van setup.

Highly unlikely we'll go with the third option, but I did spend a couple of nights researching MotoVans:

There's a company out in Lethbridge, AB, less than a day's drive from here, which makes a camper-van conversion specifically for motorcycles:

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

I'll just bookmark this for when we get too old to sleep on the ground in a tent. But it's nice to dream sometimes.
I'll guess there's one in your driveway by end of March!
Early Congrats!!! It's a beauty.

I'll guess there's one in your driveway by end of March!
Early Congrats!!! It's a beauty.

Haha, no.

Especially since they are currently taking bookings for Summer 2023 delivery. Not that I was checking, or anything.

So even if I wanted one... 😢

Also, there are a few other things in the pipeline ahead of the MotoVan.

This thread is reminding me that I’d like something like shown by @GP_RZ as it looks fairly easy to transport and tow behind the Odyssey.

Not planning on a full size trailer, but a small one that will sleep at least 2-3 as the eldest can be in a tent on his own in a year or so.

The reson I wanted this over vanvas pop up was could close down in rain.....no mold issues, and warm enough to do some cold weather camping! very light at 2250lb.

The reson I wanted this over vanvas pop up was could close down in rain.....no mold issues, and warm enough to do some cold weather camping! very light at 2250lb.
Thanks. I’ll have to look into it with time. A family of 5 will need some space eventually.

Although those big van conversions entice me…I don’t have the skills to perform that work.

Back
Top Bottom