Annual Christmas Whatcha Get Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Annual Christmas Whatcha Get Thread

Not super glamorous but we may buy ourselves a battery powered lawnmower this year if we can find a decent one on sale. I’m just about done with messing around with spark plugs, filters etc every time I fight with our ancient gas mower. Looking for something with a steel deck, good power, doesn’t have to be self propelled if it’s light, vertical storage option and also reasonable customer support in case it goes tits up or needs parts.
I'm at that point with my snowblower, Pain in the butt to get this thing running properly every winter. Even after putting retainer and running it and draining fuel bowl

Not super glamorous but we may buy ourselves a battery powered lawnmower this year if we can find a decent one on sale. I’m just about done with messing around with spark plugs, filters etc every time I fight with our ancient gas mower. Looking for something with a steel deck, good power, doesn’t have to be self propelled if it’s light, vertical storage option and also reasonable customer support in case it goes tits up or needs parts.
I was waiting for Milwaukee to release one as I have a couple of their other lawn tools in battery form.
But at approx $1500 it was a hard pass.

I'm at that point with my snowblower, Pain in the butt to get this thing running properly every winter. Even after putting retainer and running it and draining fuel bowl

I wasn’t looking for one but there‘s a Canadian Tire deal today and for a bit with Can Tire points and electric snowblowers. I’ll get the rfd thread link…

Not super cheap but maybe it’s a deal [Canadian Tire] [Boxing Day] Ego 24" two-stage snowblower 56v (50x ctm) ($1799+tax-multipliers) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

OK I see the deal now. It’s 10% off then stacking a bunch of crappy tire money offers to get up to $630 in can tire money back.

Last edited:
That is so true!
It is a pain to get the first start, but after that it fires up. I found that using the snake-oil (my terminology for those gas additives) doesn't help. Drain the tank and float bowl , clean and gap the plug in spring and put in fresh gas the following winter and that makes it easier.
Hopefully you have a starter motor and don't have to pull-start.

(sorry OP, this is off-topic)

As I mentioned in another thread, we don't buy presents for each other...however, we did buy a trailer a month ago and are slowly getting stuff for it as well as planning our adventures for next summer...

View attachment 65154
Wow congrats! That sure puts my socks to shame…

As for gifts…does a hangover 3 days in a row count?

EDIT: and about an additional 5lbs

Wow congrats! That sure puts my socks to shame…

As for gifts…does a hangover 3 days in a row count?

EDIT: and about an additional 5lbs
We've been looking on and off for about 5 years, seriously for 1...it was a great deal and I can't wait to get out and have some fun...

P.S....my mom used to buy me socks and underwear every year for Christmas...I sure miss opening up those packages and acting surprised for her...

Hope you had a merry Christmas with the family and made some great memories...

I was waiting for Milwaukee to release one as I have a couple of their other lawn tools in battery form.
But at approx $1500 it was a hard pass.
Everything Milwaukee makes is 18 volt or their XC pack, 72 volts unless there is something new.

I downsized my blower to a 120 volt plug in single stage. Easier to store than the big units and my driveway isn't that big.

I wasn’t looking for one but there‘s a Canadian Tire deal today and for a bit with Can Tire points and electric snowblowers. I’ll get the rfd thread link…

Not super cheap but maybe it’s a deal [Canadian Tire] [Boxing Day] Ego 24" two-stage snowblower 56v (50x ctm) ($1799+tax-multipliers) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

OK I see the deal now. It’s 10% off then stacking a bunch of crappy tire money offers to get up to $630 in can tire money back.

@jc100
I’ve had an EGO mower for 8 years now and it’s a boss. Only things I had to replace are the blade (battery mower blades are thin and not worth sharpening at $25 ea.) and the rubber rear flap piece. The EGO support rep was amazing and got it to me direct for $15 CAD including shipping.
I also have the string trimmer, leaf blower, and hedge trimmer. I can completely cut and trim both my front and back yards on 1 charge.

@jc100
I’ve had an EGO mower for 8 years now and it’s a boss. Only things I had to replace are the blade (battery mower blades are thin and not worth sharpening at $25 ea.) and the rubber rear flap piece. The EGO support rep was amazing and got it to me direct for $15 CAD including shipping.
I also have the string trimmer, leaf blower, and hedge trimmer. I can completely cut and trim both my front and back yards on 1 charge.

The Ego ones seem to be the highly recommended ones. Is yours a steel deck? Any issues with the mower if it hits a stump/thick branch hidden in the lawn etc? The only thing I like about the gas mower is that once it’s running it’s bullet proof. What voltage battery model is it and does it have enough power? I was looking at the greenworks 80V ones with two 2amp/h batteries.

@jc100
I'll vouch for EGO as well. Leaf blower and trimmer. They both smoke my previous Stihl machines. Not even close.

The Ego ones seem to be the highly recommended ones. Is yours a steel deck? Any issues with the mower if it hits a stump/thick branch hidden in the lawn etc? The only thing I like about the gas mower is that once it’s running it’s bullet proof. What voltage battery model is it and does it have enough power? I was looking at the greenworks 80V ones with two 2amp/h batteries.

Plastic deck. But extremely durable.
No issues with that whatsoever, but I’m not using it on fields or areas where I can’t see obstacles other than sticks.
Plastic keeps it light and manoeuvrable.
Also folds in half, handle collapses and stores upright.

56V - plenty of power
Variable speeds - ramps up as it hits thicker grass and then down again.

I bought the self-propelled, but likely wouldn’t again as it’s light enough to push.

A new Espresso machine to replace my expired Nespresso unit that lasted 7 years.

That’s some good life out of the Nespresso unit. I find the key with getting longevity out of them is to clean fairly frequently which a lot of people can’t be bothered to do.

That’s some good life out of the Nespresso unit. I find the key with getting longevity out of them is to clean fairly frequently which a lot of people can’t be bothered to do.
Same goes for real espresso machines. I revived a dead one for a friend. It had never been cleaned (2+ shots per day for years). It was hard to figure out which parts were supposed to come apart and which were one piece. It took some mechanical persuasion to get it apart to clean.

I am not sure of the model, but my cousin in Poland had to send his coffee machine in for service because it wasn't working anymore.
Turns out that the pumpkin spice flavoured coffee I had sent him was causing the damage. They were told not to use any flavoured coffee as the oils in the falvour would clog up the internals.

Not sure if this is the same here.

Agree, I used their descaling fluid every 6 months, but finally a pipe ruptured according to Nespresso Custumer service who did an over the phone video inspection.

The new Phillips 3200 I purchased has a water filter that needs to be replaced every 800 shots and reduces the need to descale the maxhine.

Just dialing it in now

Back
Top Bottom