Annual Christmas Whatcha Get Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

Annual Christmas Whatcha Get Thread

In transit. Family paid way too much for shipping. A gps mount and some bar risers for the Tiger.

Didn't get a replacement airbag CO2 cartridge, because of the shipping cost. Will have to see if I can pick one up, next time I get to the west coast.

In Random order
Cash
Cash
Air fryer (shared gift with wife)
Booze
Tickets to a comedy show
Gift Card (restaurant)
Album with pictures made by my daughter
Home made ornament made by my son
Some form if heated gloves (in transit still)
As for bike related
1703522693553.png

In Random order
Cash
Cash
Air fryer (shared gift with wife)
Booze
Tickets to a comedy show
Gift Card (restaurant)
Album with pictures made by my daughter
Home made ornament made by my son
Some form if heated gloves (in transit still)
As for bike related
View attachment 65141

Awesome to get hand made stuff from your kids!

Most of the gifts exchanged at our house are thrift store finds. Lots of gifts for not much cash.
I got a number of books along with some CDs and cassette tapes.

A couple of bottles of booze from a neighbour. (When she described what she was going to be going through we offered it back)

Snack stuff and chocolate

The neatest thing was a texted picture from a friend. Like a lot of guys, I've always wanted to restore a vehicle but recognizing the time, space, tools and skills needed I chose to restore a well used rusty Tonka dump truck.

Task completed and not concours, I was going donate it to a thrift shop but a friend asked if he could give it to his grandson instead. I got a picture of him playing with it. <3

Tonka restored_IMG_0459.jpg

Most of the gifts exchanged at our house are thrift store finds. Lots of gifts for not much cash.
I got a number of books along with some CDs and cassette tapes.
I love thrift shops but my wife says no more pie plates. A dozen is enough.

But I argue a $8 plate is $3 at the thrift. Lots of time housewares are 40% off and on seniors day another 30% off and no tax. They're almost as cheap as throw away aluminum.

Awesome to get hand made stuff from your kids!
My daughter is the artsy one in the family. She is 13, but for several years now she has been making hand made gifts for everyone on both sides of the family. It is usually the same type of gift but individualized for each person.

I am usually amazed at the things she comes up with.

Not super glamorous but we may buy ourselves a battery powered lawnmower this year if we can find a decent one on sale. I’m just about done with messing around with spark plugs, filters etc every time I fight with our ancient gas mower. Looking for something with a steel deck, good power, doesn’t have to be self propelled if it’s light, vertical storage option and also reasonable customer support in case it goes tits up or needs parts.

Back
Top Bottom