Alternate toys to fight boredom | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alternate toys to fight boredom

Right under the flight path for Pearson Airport 33R / 15L.
You probably can get the flight in safely right now with the big gaps between planes. Not sure how quickly they respond when you start violating controlled airspace though.

You probably can get the flight in safely right now with the big gaps between planes. Not sure how quickly they respond when you start violating controlled airspace though.
I wouldnt want to find out.

Kingston area rider wants to upgrade his ride, interested in selling his Sherco 300
Kinda like this but not new if that interests you, I'll find out the price:

12182608_1607436209477044_2963375279175508607_o.jpg

how did you attach the cam? What type was it?
One of these:

62811e1f8f44b3433fc43c1a33f3d869.jpg

808 keychain cam, ten bucks on eBay, ten years ago. Temporarily attached with one wrap of masking tape and a shim.

guy I used to hang out with was a "technician" for the Canadian Lego distributor, he built the huge displays you would see at the eaton center and stuff like that, grown man spent everyday building Lego. He donated full size Lego people to my kids school, that was sort of fun standing in the hall , 5ft tall Lego people.

If you're going to go RC, maybe get one of these for the beach.
711mv3qmcKL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Toy / activity that is a bit odd for a guy but..................doll house miniatures????

My daughter does them and we did a trip to a major show / workshop in Chicago some time ago.

Most of the attendees were women but there were a few guys there. If you 're good at building one can make a decent buck. One well known maker guy started putting out French Provincial coffee tables at $300 USD and all I saw was outstretched arms waving credit cards.

I made a few pieces for my daughter but wouldn't mind doing a scale workshop with tools @ 1"= 1'.

If I had a ton of money and was forced to self isolate for a couple of years I have a pipe dream of building a WWII aircraft carrier in 1/12 scale. That would make it over 70 feet long. Part of the fun would be learning CAD to make frames etc and 3D printing for various add-ons.026r.jpg027r.jpg

Radio control as a whole can be a blast. I got into RC cars and trucks when I was about 13 and took me for a wild ride for the next 2 decades. I eventually got into model aircraft, became an instructor with our local MAAC chapter, drifted into RC helicopters at one point, and now have a drone. I still have my very first plane in my basement although it hasn't flown for probably in the range of 30 years now. I got out of the plane and heli thing some time ago however - it's one of those hobbies where you get up and go to the field after your morning coffee and don't come home until dinnertime, so unless your spouse and children also share the bug (mine did not), it's a hard one to enjoy in some situations.

RC planes are an absolute blast but depending on where you live a sanctioned field may not be super convenient, but you may also be surprised - look around. Buy a simple high winged trainer, a good controller that will serve you into the future (a little extra $$ upfront will save you spending it after the fact on a second/replacement controller down the line) and join a club - find an instructor and learn to fly. It's hella fun.

Gone (for the most part) are the days of nitro glow powered aircraft, as AFAIK 75% or more of the hobby is all electric now. If I were to get back into it I'd go that way as glow engines are a learned art, and an imperfect one still at that. Electric stuff in comparison now that the technology is so advanced with energy storage is a breeze in comparison. And no messy castor oil slicks to clean off the side of your planes after every flight, jugs of fuel to carry, etc etc.

Helicopters, well, sell your first born - it's hellishly expensive if you're actually buying proper hobby grade helis, not toy grade. Anything that costs less than $500-$1000 to buy and setup for flight out of the gate is going to be toy grade, so don't waste your money. And the learning curve is steep - each crash can easily cost you $25 minimum to upwards of $100 or more if you have carbon fibre blades, strip servos, bend your tail boom or mainshaft, etc etc. I sometimes felt like I spent as much time working on my helis as I did flying them...but it IS super rewarding if learning and perfecting things turns your crank.

I got into drones about 5 years ago, bought a used DJI Phantom 4. Brought it with me all over the places on the motorcycle and even did some amateur production work using it for a local animal rescue, but I got tired of lugging a massive suitcase around. Sold it and bought a DJI Spark - it's not as capable as the Phantom, and certainly doesn't compare to the high end DJI stuff, but it IS super compact and easy to have in the air inside 30 seconds. Fits in my saddlebag easily...and reality is, for what I'm using a drone for 95% of the time anymore (taking cool shots of us on our motorcycles) it works great.

Forget the spark, get yourself the new mavic air 2. The 4k 60fps video is pure butter.

It flies pretty damn fast too. Downside is the hand gestures are limited (if you need that, you'll want the Mavic air 1, but give up the 60fps)

That's what I've recently upgraded to.

Since my motocross season seems to have been postponed, I decided to pickup an enduro mountain bike and got a seasons pass to horseshoe!

Nothing feels better than mashing up some jumps in the park or flowy downhill trails.

The gf came with me twice and rented, and instantly fell in love. She just purchased her season pass and a new bike today!

My other close friend just followed suit.

We try to go every Monday and Thursday when there are no lines for the lift! Highly recommended! If anyone wants to join hit me up!

Inspired by this thread, and some free time on vacation, I pulled out the old Nikko Ford F150 RC car.
My son has been having a blast with it! And he's figured out that reverse steering thing PP mentioned earlier.

Maybe time to get new batteries for the.....what is this? Skyline GTR?
My brother gave it to me years ago and my older boy had no interest.
Been sitting on a shelf in the garage for at least a decade.
01de313ee43f7a215de27e2c9dd6adad.jpg
06e354cebd6dc557b9fcab8e9efa6065.jpg
777d1e537833b022f8c352af77c1a923.jpg
c28b053b670dd0326e0db60b89991414.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom