Algonquin Park Fall Colours | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Algonquin Park Fall Colours

Plan to go Tuesday. This site, for what it's worth, seems to be telling me we're just about peak.

Leaves seem to be late this year.

Plan to go Tuesday. This site, for what it's worth, seems to be telling me we're just about peak.

Leaves seem to be late this year.
Post some pics!
When we were out last weekend, it seemed like minimum 2 weeks away. There were barely even any yellows - pretty much just green everywhere, except for the odd tree that was dying.

Looks like I will have free time to do this on Sunday Oct 3rd.
I'll start a post in the rides section.
I don't like riding weekends but I'm off and might come for this.

Elephant Lake Road - I've heard this is torn up for resurfacing. I often take this road when doing Algonquin so just a heads up for anyone else who does.

Elephant Lake Road - I've heard this is torn up for resurfacing. I often take this road when doing Algonquin so just a heads up for anyone else who does.
I can confirm this. I rode it last Sunday. About 2 kms is gravel and very dusty. The FJR two up had no issues though. Otherwise great rode.

I can confirm this. I rode it last Sunday. About 2 kms is gravel and very dusty. The FJR two up had no issues though. Otherwise great rode.
Kinda surprising, I rode it earlier in the year and it wasn't ripped up and better then last year, I guess they still had some work to do.

So, spent about 3 - 4 hours in the park today, traffic very light, weather spectacular. Colours about 60% - 70% based on a few web pages. Still lots of leave that have not turned. Should be nice all week I think.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1108.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1108.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail_IMG_1140.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1140.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I'm going to head up Monday if weather is good. If it's raining it'll be a day in the trails instead.

I’m going up tomorrow so hopefully weather and everything cooperates.

Although looking at the pics I may have to do another run in a few weeks.

1632962667475.png

Looks like I will have free time to do this on Sunday Oct 3rd.
I'll start a post in the rides section.
I might join your weather depending, rite now looks like a full rain event but things can change.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I might join your weather depending, rite now looks like a full rain event but things can change.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I was going to do it on Sunday, but now I have a bunch of family stuff this weekend and definitely can't get away.

Maybe next weekend - who knows!

DA3EDEE3-D6FF-4C1D-A5FD-21B99814ABAB.jpeg4EF1EEAC-5F46-4E73-8FD4-2A75F4A9FFE2.jpeg81528158-001E-4F2F-A274-81501EA8C2AE.jpeg800km day done! Was a great ride but unfortunately solo.

Highly recommend anyone planning to go sooner rather than later. Park was fairly busy, colours were great, saw a moose, and came home in one piece.

Had to make a jump up to Kearney so didn’t run 35 through Dorset.

Found my heated gear but couldn’t find the connector from the battery to the jacket so froze my nut off. Got sun at the start of the trip, and at the end….Frak.

Attachments

• AA0ABFC8-8FF0-4876-B111-9E0DBA1534E3.jpeg
    AA0ABFC8-8FF0-4876-B111-9E0DBA1534E3.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
How is the bike working for you? Is it okay on the hwy.

Sry wasn’t able to make it today.

How is the bike working for you? Is it okay on the hwy.

Sry wasn’t able to make it today.
Hey TS let me know if you're heading up I might be up for it.

Back
Top Bottom