Air Canada: Fee to choose your seat?! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Air Canada: Fee to choose your seat?!

i just flew to vegas last weekend with air canada. it seems like they lock a lot of their seats for elite members.

the trick is 24 hours before boarding u can log into their website and check-in. any seats that weren't taken by elite members are released at that time. there were a ton of seats to choose. this might be the reason why they are charging extra for seat assignment. i would just wait and check-in online 24 hours before the flight.

i also had the 25$ bag fee... but was only there for 3 nights so did carry-on.

The stupid checked baggage fee is one of the reasons why every single pikey on the plane is trying to shove a massive piece of luggage into the overhead bin and the reason why there's no sodding room left in them for folks with normal sized carry ons.

I flew Air Canada back from Vancouver one time and the plane was late getting in and I had a connecting flight in Toronto. The time was ticking down but there would have been enough time to make the connection if passengers with connections were allowed off first. The flight crew didn't allow us to sit in the empty seats at the front of the plane but they did make an announcement asking for all other passengers to remain in their seats while connecting passengers disembarked first to make their flight. You can guess what happened...I ended up having an argument with a blank faced knuckle dragger who insisted on getting his ****ing massive luggage out the overhead bin blocking anyone from getting off.

I often hate fellow travellers more than the airlines.

North America is not a free market anymore. If you want to see how the real free market works. Try the international airlines. My cousin took Jet Airways which is a Indian based airline to Europe. Your allowed 2 pieces of luggage with a total wieght of 55 kilos and 2 carry on bags for free! He said the service and food was great as well.

Our Canadian based airlines can kiss my ***!

If you fly w/ Air Canada, even the first checked bag is charged. And for those who say competition would help this situation, just look to the US to see what competition does.

*Roll Eyes* I guess with most of you crash of 2008 never happened. That's right, it was all a conspricy.

List all companies that we bailed out in 2008 crash. They should have ALL failed. A free market system would not have bailed these companies out.

The end result is these companies will continue their practices that brought them to bankruptcy in the first place. Air Canada is a crown corporation just like VIA and the postal service. None of which have made money.

I'd rather see an Asian company come in and run the business rather then Canadians. Oh wait, that's already happening in most businesses.

Explain how..

Last edited:
*Roll Eyes* I guess with most of you crash of 2008 never happened. That's right, it was all a conspricy.

List all companies that we bailed out in 2008 crash. They should have ALL failed. A free market system would not have bailed these companies out.

The end result is these companies will continue their practices that brought them to bankruptcy in the first place. Air Canada is a crown corporation just like VIA and the postal service. None of which have made money.

I'd rather see an Asian company come in and run the business rather then Canadians. Oh wait, that's already happening in most businesses.

Wow, I must say I have to agree with u on this one.
When Invictus asked why, I almost got scared

+1 on all the carry-on crap. One is supposed to go on top and one is supposed to go underneath the seat. Everyone seems to put 2+ items overhead and nothing under their seat. I got in a few arguments because of it.

So you're saying that you have no choice but to fly Air Canada? Or that there is collusion in the airline industry?? WestJet is a crown corporation? Canjet is a crown corporation? Porter? Huh..who knew?

So you're saying that you have no choice but to fly Air Canada? Or that there is collusion in the airline industry?? WestJet is a crown corporation? Canjet is a crown corporation? Porter? Huh..who knew?

Air Canada has not been a Crown Corporation since the 80's it is a fully private company. Nothing like Via or the Post office.

Air Canada has not been a Crown Corporation since the 80's it is a fully private company. Nothing like Via or the Post office.

Not to mention that things like luggage-fees etc. are really proof that there is competition. They're trying to undersell each other to compete for customers.

I was 6 flights short before the 2012 calendar year for super elite. I'm just stuck on elite at moment. I am 23. Air Canada rocks... Some flights are meh but the pros outweigh the cons.

I had a stack of Aeroplan points saved up once....until AC changed the rules and I found they had all expired.

Air Crappyda can go to hell.

I had a stack of Aeroplan points saved up once....until AC changed the rules and I found they had all expired.

Air Crappyda can go to hell.

i had no problems with air canada the last few times i flew with them to the states... i had no checked bags usually (except when flying to europe) ... one time I was dropped off and went thru security and got to the gate within 10 mins ... i was so early that i actually got onto the plane ahead of mine with no additional cost... i was supposed to be on the 530 but made it to the 4pm plane ... counter lady had no problem changing my flight to the earlier one

Back
Top Bottom