"A (Mostly) Scientific Ranking of All 140 Neighbourhoods in Toronto" | GTAMotorcycle.com

"A (Mostly) Scientific Ranking of All 140 Neighbourhoods in Toronto"

knowledge

Site Supporter
article:http://www.torontolife.com/informer...ighbourhoods/?page=all#tlb_multipage_anchor_1

http://www.torontolife.com/neighbourhood_rankings/

What are your thoughts? If you live in one of those neighbourhoods, is it accurate?

I'm #57 (clairlea-birchmount). I live in a nice neighbourhood, but south of me there's a ghetto, and east of me there's a shadier area. If I had to move in the core of the city, it would be that neighbourhood east of yonge between gerrard and college. It's like instantly being teleported to a suburb when you step into that neighbourhood - it's in the core of the city but feels isolated enough to give you peace and quiet.
[h=1][/h]

may seem crazy, but based on a per capita for that community bridle path may have a ton of break ins and maybe even more domestic cases. Plus malvern housing is much cheaper so that may factor in and sway the numbers.

Malvern 27th.

Bridle path 42nd.

Seems accurate......

Elms-Old Rexdale #132. I think the ranking system breaks down for neighbourhoods like this ... first of all, it's pretty small: http://www.toronto.ca/demographics/cns_profiles/cns5.htm. And I can't believe it gets high marks for crime, of all things. If you mapped out murders that happened either in the neighbourhood itself or immediately adjacent neighbourhoods over the last ten years, I don't think it would look too good. It gets bad marks for transit, which I think is unfair - you can access three separate bus routes in that chunk (one of which has an express option) and the highway is right freaking there. Employment is sorta weird, because you don't work in Rexdale, you just live there.

Whatever, I like it here.

Last edited:
Has the person who made this list ever visited Toronto?

Stonegate Queensway is 51 spots above Kingsway south? wow.

Apparently low rise low income housing overfilled with mostly unemployed refugee's is better then wealthy, employed and living in big houses on large old lots. Who knew?.

Further reading shows that The Islands scored better on public transit then some of the areas that are actually on the subway line.

Has the person who made this list ever visited Toronto?

Stonegate Queensway is 51 spots above Kingsway south? wow.

Apparently low rise low income housing overfilled with mostly unemployed refugee's is better then wealthy, employed and living in big houses on large old lots. Who knew?.

Maybe the refugees are just happy to have a safe home and the employed and wealthy are always unfulfilled and complaining about their first world problems?

Cabbagetown and Parkdale rank about 50 spots above Long Branch lol I call this study a fail :cool:

I don't know which neighbourhood is mine. I always thought it was Willowdale, there is Willowdale East and West. I've never heard them referred to like that before.

I don't know which neighbourhood is mine. I always thought it was Willowdale, there is Willowdale East and West. I've never heard them referred to like that before.

Oh damn
TURF WARS
westsideGRANNY.jpg

#11 Leaside, i kinda agree with it but shopping, housing and transit should be rated a bit higher

Good thing I live in Richmond Hill where every costco has fist fights going on in parking lots, car accidents on every major intersection and people with no street smarts.

Never heard Westmall repped in a rap video before!

And which Forest Hill is Drake reppin'?

31. South Forest Hill?
90. North Forest Hill?

"Started from the 'bottom' " referring to geographical or numerical placement here?

Last edited:
I have no bloody idea where I am either.

Their map isn't actually selectable and the full list doesn't have little map images the way the top 10 does. Unless you're in an established neighbourhood with well-known boundaries - like The Annex or Beaches or Thorncliffe Park - they seem to have made up whatever name suited them?

I mean as far as I know, I live in Pape Village, and Google maps agrees with me, but I guess the editors of Toronto Life just kind of threw some street names into a hat?

I have no bloody idea where I am either.

Their map isn't actually selectable and the full list doesn't have little map images the way the top 10 does. Unless you're in an established neighbourhood with well-known boundaries - like The Annex or Beaches or Thorncliffe Park - they seem to have made up whatever name suited them?

I mean as far as I know, I live in Pape Village, and Google maps agrees with me, but I guess the editors of Toronto Life just kind of threw some street names into a hat?
http://www.toronto.ca/demographics/profiles_map_and_index.htm

It's a bit tough because the toronto map doesn't have streets. But if you know what (political) riding you're in, it can be a lot easier to narrow it down.

Back
Top Bottom