900,000 students coming in… | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

900,000 students coming in…

Ford doesn't allow people who claim to have university degrees but manage to fail the same subject at cardboard cutout universities (and can't write 5 word slogans on posters without spelling mistakes) to come into the country and work full time tax free in the under the table cash economy......while pretending to go to school.

Those tuition rates also apply to domestic students, who may not own brown shirts. Try again.

222 reviews of Algoma "University" on Google. From the very first one...............

This "institution" because I can't call it a "University" when they only have 2 buildings, with one of them being a couple floors of a shared office building, is nothing more than a Glorified Indian Post Grad Money Laundering Scheme...An actual "University" would not have 99.9% of the student body consisting of Indian post grads looking to snag a Canadian Certificate before they go back home for work.

Fail rate seemed pretty high. Maybe it was a new instructor that set the bar to high? Maybe it was a bunch of students that really didn't live up to required standard? I didn't see any answers as to why so many failed or why they adjusted marks after they were released.

Legitimate universities are much smarter about this. Teacher/prof grades go to admin for approval prior to being visible by students. Marks are adjusted all the time but there is no story as outside people don't see the before grades. As a first cut, a system like "the class median mark should be 65%" and then slide marks around to hit it can be reasonable in some situations. If the prof writes an exceptionally easy or hard exam (or poorly worded), that corrects student marks so they aren't penalized or rewarded for the profs failings.
From what I understand, most of these students have undergrad degrees from India. Clever diploma mills figured out they could attract foreign undergrad students into a 1yr $25k certificate post grad program that allowed them a short route to a PR.

Getting accepted to a $25 cybersecurity no-prequisite ticket program at a marginal university is probably east (bring a cheque). Passing the course when you’re undergrad education in basketweaving didnt prepare you for a grad level program… maybe not so easy.

This reeks of another pay-for-visa shortcut scam.

Ford doesn't allow people who claim to have university degrees but manage to fail the same subject at cardboard cutout universities (and can't write 5 word slogans on posters without spelling mistakes) to come into the country and work full time tax free in the under the table cash economy......while pretending to go to school.

Feds are bringing them in.. But it is the province that is allowing them to work illegally.

Feds are bringing them in.. But it is the province that is allowing them to work illegally.

They wouldn't be here working illegally if they weren't here in the first place. Q.E.D.

They should have called Algoma University Domtar University, seeing as it's nothing more than a paper mill.

This is comedy gold.

ABLVV84snvhZ_B8VkPe6x_z0ps4Caowd6-sSei7NyGj4uzGyWl_f0qTQVKNZZgut03h7javycDegjauAckvRqluiwwT5hhyHHoTpHBQ2TSOpWMS3Ri0U3t20l09ZG2uCglRh_skXPMJeaayHlZwYzBz95hFp=w1295-h866-s-no-gm

My take:
Its not a legit university if theres not at least a couple of statues of an old white dude in a wig who may or may not have committed some sort of atrocity a few centuries ago.

So while I try and not blame students coming here, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they’ve been conned (while many use fake papers to get here), it’s hard for me to maintain my sympathies.

First we have the grades are bad so they’re DEMANDING a higher / passing mark.

Second they’re DEMANDING an extension of their work permit…why are students even allowed to have a work permit? Sure the 20hr limit was reasonable…but your visa as a student ended…time to fly, not sure loopholes and demands to extend your stay simply to work….

So while I try and not blame students coming here, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they’ve been conned (while many use fake papers to get here), it’s hard for me to maintain my sympathies.

First we have the grades are bad so they’re DEMANDING a higher / passing mark.

Second they’re DEMANDING an extension of their work permit…why are students even allowed to have a work permit? Sure the 20hr limit was reasonable…but your visa as a student ended…time to fly, not sure loopholes and demands to extend your stay simply to work….

Gov eliminated pandemic exceptions ss of Jan 1 ‘24.

For some it’s time to go. Not sure why a bunch of non citizens feels they have the right to ‘demand’ immigration laws change for them.

For some it’s time to go. Not sure why a bunch of non citizens feels they have the right to ‘demand’ immigration laws change for them.

They're parroting what has been told to them in the rainbows and unicorns beavers speil by the emigration scammers back in India. Take over a major intersection. You will get whatever you want.

And there's free food at the Food Bank.

Because as @FullMotoJacket stated, if you don't like it...go protest and you'll most likely get your way.

Because as @FullMotoJacket stated, if you don't like it...go protest and you'll get coffee relayed to you by TPS so you can remain there in the cold longer.

FTFY.

Then again, coffee is a diuretic. Maybe it was a Machiavellian plan to force them to leave to find a hopper then keep them from returning. :unsure:

That is giving the average TPS grunt more credit at analytics than they likely deserve, though.

If a rubber kneed bed wetter can't stand up to a bunch of truckers why would he stand up to a bigger bunch of system abusers?

FTFY.

Then again, coffee is a diuretic. Maybe it was a Machiavellian plan to force them to leave to find a hopper then keep them from returning. :unsure:

That is giving the average TPS grunt more credit at analytics than they likely deserve, though.
Personally I like the idea of a soft approach. It beats the typical huff and puff, tough cop routine. You've made your point, finish your coffee and quietly leave. If they don't, reinstate Forcillo.

Many decades ago there was a situation where an angry man was holed up with a firearm. A cop established as easy talk with him and eventually entered the house. They had a beer together. The guy calmed down and they walked out together. No bloodshed.

Could it have turned ugly? Yes but the cops instinct was right and he won the day.

Last edited:

I feel sorry for the lower income people in third world countries. A burger flipper here makes ten times the rate as a skilled tradesman there.

Some of the immigrants are funded by a village and the student is expected to deliver a ROI, paying back the loan with interest. Airfare, tuition, living expense account balance etc is tough.

Billions of people from abroad would be better off financially if they could move to Canada (Ignoring housing). We don't have the ability to sustain them.

I feel sorry for the lower income people in third world countries. A burger flipper here makes ten times the rate as a skilled tradesman there.

Some of the immigrants are funded by a village and the student is expected to deliver a ROI, paying back the loan with interest. Airfare, tuition, living expense account balance etc is tough.

Billions of people from abroad would be better off financially if they could move to Canada (Ignoring housing). We don't have the ability to sustain them.
That's all well and good, but part of life's lessons is that cheating is not always a winning strategy. If you cheated and got accepted to a program that is beyond your capability... that's your problem, not Canada's taxpayers.

The same goes if you're simply not bright enough or studied too little -- failure is part of learning.

If you want a participation trophy sign up for soccer, not university.

We don't have the ability to sustain Canadians. I don't understand the whole 'we need to save the world from themselves' mentality of our politicians. I understand WHY they're doing it, and it's not to benefit the general population of Canada.

My opinion, shut down the immigration door for 3-5 years, let the infrastructure catch up to the current challenges, and then SLOWLY re-open them.

But I'd be labeled a racist, or whatever other word people use, because I'm all for immigration...just responsible immigration.

That's all well and good, but part of life's lessons is that cheating is not always a winning strategy. If you cheated and got accepted to a program that is beyond your capability... that's your problem, not Canada's taxpayers.

The same goes if you're simply not bright enough or studied too little -- failure is part of learning.

If you want a participation trophy sign up for soccer, not university.
Many people may not know they are cheating. They were told a path to follow for success and feedback along the way showed them they were on the path. They may not know that their path was provided by shysters.

We don't have the ability to sustain Canadians. I don't understand the whole 'we need to save the world from themselves' mentality of our politicians. I understand WHY they're doing it, and it's not to benefit the general population of Canada.

My opinion, shut down the immigration door for 3-5 years, let the infrastructure catch up to the current challenges, and then SLOWLY re-open them.

But I'd be labeled a racist, or whatever other word people use, because I'm all for immigration...just responsible immigration.
To be fair, the politicians are looking at a longer window than normal here. No immigration quickly leads to CPP collapse as your payments now go to your dad and young people now will make payments that go to you (with some invested buffer). Not enough people paying into CPP and boom.

Back
Top Bottom