22 y/o Insuring a 2006 Gixxer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

22 y/o Insuring a 2006 Gixxer

LOL @ "rare gsx-r"...
Those two words have no business being in the same sentence.

It's always funny seeing the kijiji ads...

"SUZUKI GSX-R 600

NEVER RACED, TRACKED OR ABUSED

15000km, OIL CHANGED EVERY 15000kms

BIKE IS TOTALLY MINT

BIKE HAS BEEN DROPPED TWICE BY PREVIOUS OWNER

NEEDS NEW TIRES

RARE PAINT SCHEME

$9500 FIRM"

LOL @ "rare gsx-r"...
Those two words have no business being in the same sentence.

lol, model isnt rare but the colour scheme can be.

Holy Crap! They even tried to do a custom seat and reflective rim tape like mine!!!!

gsxrwithaccessories.jpg

For those of you with a Blue and White gsxr or Blue R6 or Red and black Honda or green kawi......please disregard as you probably have no idea what we are talking about (like being different). lol

hahahahah @ gsxr owners feeling like they're being different

thanks for the laugh guys

What if I put the bike under my dads name? He doesn't have a motorcycle license so would insurance still be the same as if I were the owner? I'll still be primary rider obviously but I hear rumours that if the ownership is under my dads name, insurance will be cheaper. This true?

how could he listed as the owner if he doesn't have his license?...not sure any insurance company would go for that

Can own a bike but not use it on the road so no need for insurance. Can be a "track" bike for my dad, while i ride it on the street. If you're having trouble believing that, think about dirt bikes. Don't need to insure it and don't need a license if you're not riding it on public streets.

give it a try then.... I had this conversation with my stepson not too long ago....he wants to buy a bike and put it in his mother's name (who doesn't have a license).....I'm sure if you've talked to your dad about what you want to do, he will call around and get the quotes, before you go ahead and actually put it in his name

give it a try then.... I had this conversation with my stepson not too long ago....he wants to buy a bike and put it in his mother's name (who doesn't have a license).....I'm sure if you've talked to your dad about what you want to do, he will call around and get the quotes, before you go ahead and actually put it in his name

Ya i'll do that. If I do transfer it to my dads name, is there some kinda fee? Knowing the government, even if there was no sale, they want to make some money off this transfer.

I believe they did away with the gift thing where you could sell a vehicle to a family member for $1

Ya i'll do that. If I do transfer it to my dads name, is there some kinda fee? Knowing the government, even if there was no sale, they want to make some money off this transfer.

They have one transfer between direct family a year tax free.
If you do put it under your dads name and put you as the primary driver, They will most likely base it on the most expensive person listed on the policy (You) which means you are in the same boat but you might get a discount for multiple vehicle.
The only way you can get your dads rate alone I believe is to not mention you at all and fraudulently ride it (If you live at home), but if you are in an accident don't be mad if the insurance company denies your claim and charges you with insurance fraud lol.

Welcome to GTAM. Quite a few members here fly off the handle real quick and are incredibly rude and mean.

But it's worth it for the wealth of information that the decent members dish out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Statefarm when i was 22...I was paying $1800/year for liability for an older 98 gsxr 600

Uhh buddy your dad needs to be fully licensed (M1) to get insurance for that bike on the road. And you need to be named on the policy as well.

Can own a bike but not use it on the road so no need for insurance. Can be a "track" bike for my dad, while i ride it on the street. If you're having trouble believing that, think about dirt bikes. Don't need to insure it and don't need a license if you're not riding it on public streets.

Believe it or not, dirt bikes need insurance unless you are riding in your own private trails.
+ I already tried with my insurance, your papa needs a M licence to have insurance.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, dirt bikes need insurance unless you are riding in your own private trails.
+ I already tried with my insurance, your papa needs a M licence to have insurance.
So I cant have him as the owner and me as the primary rider without him having an M1?

Back
Top Bottom