22 y/o Insuring a 2006 Gixxer | GTAMotorcycle.com

22 y/o Insuring a 2006 Gixxer

It's sold as a 600 and insured as a 600. You're not going to find anyone that will insure it as a 599.
Look to the top of that chart!

You may have 2 options.

Statefarm if you qualify, call them.

Facility, Call John R Duffy to get a quote through them.

Expect to pay $3000 - $4500

It's sold as a 600 and insured as a 600. You're not going to find anyone that will insure it as a 599.
Look to the top of that chart!

Not necessarily true. State Farm told me tha my bike was 599cc's. My sv650s is 649cc's so it was more to insure. The kawi 636 is also more expensive because its higher in cc's. They classify them with the 750cc bikes since there is no inbetweem.

Last edited:
Even if you found someone to do it as 599 it's classified as a supersport.

get ready for a lot of "I told you so"'s

Not if its statefarm, a 599cc cruiser and a 599cc sport bike is in the same class i believe.

Can't do SF cuz I got 1 speeding ticket in February. JRD gave me a quote of $3986 a year (1 payment). Still no call back from Jevco for some reason... I dont mind paying this much because I was thinking of getting a 2013 Ninja 300 instead and insurance was going to be just as high.

I think you should give up riding and sell your bike......considering that looking at your avatar you have the same bike as mine and looks like its even customized very similar to mine. I would call you a copy cat but I know you probably bought that bike used so I wont bother. I like my bike being rare......no more helpful hints from me.......ya I'm a hater lol.

I think you should give up riding and sell your bike......considering that looking at your avatar you have the same bike as mine and looks like its even customized very similar to mine. I would call you a copy cat but I know you probably bought that bike used so I wont bother. I like my bike being rare......no more helpful hints from me.......ya I'm a hater lol.

Haha, I bought it like this! I might consider painting all the sliver bits black or dark grey on my bike and make the GSXR sticker black and green. I also have a different exhaust. I like being unique also so I hate you already. :happy6: Here's a better look at it to show you the differences:
GSXR1.jpg

Haha, I bought it like this! I might consider painting all the sliver bits black or dark grey on my bike and make the GSXR sticker black and green. I also have a different exhaust. I like being unique also so I hate you already. :happy6: Here's a better look at it to show you the differences:
View attachment 30934

Holy Crap! They even tried to do a custom seat and reflective rim tape like mine!!!!

gsxrwithaccessories.jpg

For those of you with a Blue and White gsxr or Blue R6 or Red and black Honda or green kawi......please disregard as you probably have no idea what we are talking about (like being different). lol

Last edited:
Not if its statefarm, a 599cc cruiser and a 599cc sport bike is in the same class i believe.

Insurance companies recognize Sport and Super Sport as different classes. For example, a GS500 and Ninja 250 is a "Sport" ...but an R6 and 1000RR is a SuperSport.

Insurance companies recognize Sport and Super Sport as different classes. For example, a GS500 and Ninja 250 is a "Sport" ...but an R6 and 1000RR is a SuperSport.

Correct for every insurance company other then statefarm.
a 600cc cruiser is identical to a 600SS at SF. The are the only company to go by engine size only.

LOL @ "rare gsx-r"...
Those two words have no business being in the same sentence.

Back
Top Bottom