2022 Gas Prices - Will $2(+) per Litre slow you down? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Gas Prices - Will $2(+) per Litre slow you down?

Yeah I’d spring for the new one. Looks way better. Think it’s a different motor too.
B58, one of the best engines out and it's shockingly good on fuel not just for a performance motor but just in general

B58, one of the best engines out and it's shockingly good on fuel not just for a performance motor but just in general
I dont know about xdrive on that one. It pushes the bar that much higher before fun things start to happen (other than ridiculous launches). I would probably go rwd with good seasonal rubber.

I saw a pontoon boat on line with 22yr financing available! I get the "have it now" but literally paying on a pontoon boat for 22yrs? at 9.9% financing . yikes

Can you imagine the ad for this.....................

"Only 264 easy payments of $125 per month for your dream boat".

Or maybe bi-weekly payments would make it easier....

"Only 528 very easy payments of $63 every 2 weeks for your dream boat".

People need bigger dreams.

I dont know about xdrive on that one. It pushes the bar that much higher before fun things start to happen (other than ridiculous launches). I would probably go rwd with good seasonal rubber.
BMW Traction control is typically very good. I've had the X5 sideways a few times, very RWD biased.

Mine's an '02 E46. The S54 motor is a thirsty beast though, I get ~ 14L/100km without really getting on it.

The E36 is pretty cool, and is definitely a bit of a sleeper since you can't really tell it from a garden variety E36 coupe.
Awesome. My dad had an alpine white on laguna seca blue 2003 for about 10 years. I Loved taking that out. He sold it 5 or 6 years ago for 32k, couldn't turn that offer down but will probably never find another one.
My dream would be put S54 motor into an E36 coupe... there are a few of them floating around Toronto.

Awesome. My dad had an alpine white on laguna seca blue 2003 for about 10 years. I Loved taking that out. He sold it 5 or 6 years ago for 32k, couldn't turn that offer down but will probably never find another one.
My dream would be put S54 motor into an E36 coupe... there are a few of them floating around Toronto.

He didn't own a 2001 convertible in silver for less than a month before he bought that, did he?

He didn't own a 2001 convertible in silver for less than a month before he bought that, did he?
Yes, small world lol. bought that one then his dream one came available a week or two later. That convertible probably still worth what it was 10 years ago if not more!

Yes, small world lol. bought that one then his dream one came available a week or two later. That convertible probably still worth what it was 10 years ago if not more!

Haha! Say hi to him from me. I still have it, and it's been very good to me. I don't see myself selling it unless someone makes me a stupid offer (which I know is a possibility in these times)...

Just curious on what this summers (potential) gas prices may change plans for riders and travellers.

A decent few hundred kilometer day trip on 2 wheels at $2/L could easily be a $60-$100 day now.

Long high speed road trip? Several hundred in gas alone easily. My trip that I did to the Cabot last fall for example would probably be an $800 thing now for just gas, again, before anything else - motels, meals, etc.

We have a trip planned to Gaspe again this summer with our camper (with friends), and the prospect of $2.25/L regular (east coast always more $) is giving us pause, although we'll probably still go....YOLO, after all. But I'll be budgeting probably $2500 for just the gas alone for an 8 day trip. Ouch indeed.

But I know there's a lot of people reconsidering summer road trips and such already.
I started looking into smart cars , a small turbo diesel
Can get a used one for like 4k

I'm waiting for the next Russian boat auction. Heard there will be deals.

I tried that to get the Picton airport. A few GTAM members stepped up but not enough to hit the number (and it was more than an order of magnitude smaller).
Maybe Crankcall will bid on, and buy one or 2, and have an annual GTAM Day on the lake!

Filled up at 165.9 yesterday. On the news this morning they said gas is expected to rise another 10 cents tomorrow, so I went out again and filled the two 10L cans that I had still at 165.9.

I realized as I was at the pump I was only saving $2 and it was probably a waste of time, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom